Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I've got an exam at hillsborough stadium tomorrow afternoon. Does anyone know if the 52 goes past it?
    I the stagecoach one goes to hillsborough after crookes but i've got no idea where abouts it stops and the bus website was insanely unhelpful.

It would be much less of a pain to get there if i could just get a bus from crookes rather than getting to the tram stop.

ReputationRep:
    Well the Stagecoach 52 goes as far as Hillsborough Interchange but Hillsborough Stadium is another 2 tram stops (Yellow Line at Leppings Lane) away so is about another half a mile north of the interchange. So it depends if you want to walk another half a mile up Langsett Road / Middlewood Road (along the yellow route tramline).

ReputationRep:
    Thanks, i've looked it up and google maps thinks it'll take me 16 minutes. Scared of getting lost though even though it looks an easy route but i spose if i just walk next to the tram tracks i'll be ok

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by subterfuge)
    Thanks, i've looked it up and google maps thinks it'll take me 16 minutes. Scared of getting lost though even though it looks an easy route but i spose if i just walk next to the tram tracks i'll be ok
    I'd make sure you leave earlier than you need - I heard that people had alot of trouble getting to their exams this week. Esp when using trams etc.

ReputationRep:
    oh dear, i was planning on getting a bus at 12.45 so i'd get to the interchange at 1.55 and hopefully get there at 1.15.

Hoping that gets me there ok though it looks like i'll be a bit wet if the weather doesn't get better

ReputationRep:
    It's ridiculous that they've got exams all the way out there again. Luckily my 2 have been in Philadelphia (which is still an awful venue, it was noisy and freezing as usual with that daft heating system), so I didn't have to go to Hillsborough, but I know a few friends who have to, it's daft.

ReputationRep:
    Just had to walk all the way back from the football ground because the buses & trams stopped running because a bus got a flat tyre in the mddle of the road. It took me about an hour & a half to get home
    Glad i'd ignored them saying not to take phones. 2 more exams there The bus got me down there ok though, was there just after 1.

Philadelphia heating/ waiting outside is rubbish, but it was pretty handy for me last year when i lived down that way.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by subterfuge)
    Just had to walk all the way back from the football ground because the buses & trams stopped running because a bus got a flat tyre in the mddle of the road. It took me about an hour & a half to get home
    Glad i'd ignored them saying not to take phones. 2 more exams there The bus got me down there ok though, was there just after 1.

Philadelphia heating/ waiting outside is rubbish, but it was pretty handy for me last year when i lived down that way.
    whats the best way to get to the philadelphia campus? is it possible to walk there? i live in endcliffe btw

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zoombini)
    whats the best way to get to the philadelphia campus? is it possible to walk there? i live in endcliffe btw
    It's about half an hour, don't think there's a bus that goes near enough both ends of the journey to make it worth getting one
    here's a google map of what i think is the easiest route

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=d&so...10378&t=h&z=13

Also beware that although it's called st thomas church it looks a lot more like a warehouse than a church!

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.