Turn on thread page Beta

RnB - The devil's music? watch

ReputationRep:
    If you break the abbreviation of RnB down it is "Rythm & Blues". What an amazing mixture - one might think.

So how on Earth has it reached the appaling state it has today?

Rhythm - Great!

Blues - Great!

Rhythm AND Blues - ******* awful!

All it is is a bunch of whiny male *****es who moan about girlfriends dumping them or some other ****, with a really basic electronic drum beat in the background. All the while doing some weird dance whilst wearing one golf glove.

Anyone agree/disagree?

ReputationRep:
    is that chipmunks music classed as RnB? cos hes a talentless **** to. gets girls to sing the main (nearly all?) of his songs as hes a mumbling tit

ReputationRep:
    *rhythm

The only time I like RnB is when I'm in a club and in the mood for a bit of sexydance :cool:

ReputationRep:
    well it's up to people's tastes really, i consider metal and country to be awful genres of music, but i'm willing to have my opinion changed if there are any metal/country songs that i like...
    also they are a lot of songs about guys who sing about how hot a girl is... or how much they want them... so it's not all doom and gloom :P
    P.S. it's rhythm... not rythm...

ReputationRep:
    My bad - rhythm. Slightly dyslexic (not sure if that's spelt right either.....)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dzeh)
    is that chipmunks music classed as RnB? cos hes a talentless **** to. gets girls to sing the main (nearly all?) of his songs as hes a mumbling tit

Ha! That he is my friend, that he is.

I reckon he'd probably call his music Hip Hop. But it most definitely isn't! Hip Hop is good. Rap & RnB is ****

ReputationRep:
    A few examples - Mario, JLS, Errm that's about all I can think of.... Just turn on the radio!!

ReputationRep:
    Am i the only person who actually still classes RnB as proper Rhythm and Blues, like The Blues Brothers and Booker T & The MGs?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Long Haired Teen)
    Am i the only person who actually still classes RnB as proper Rhythm and Blues, like The Blues Brothers and Booker T & The MGs?

That's what I WANT to think of it as. What gave these whiny ***** the right to drag the RnB name through the mud? The whole scene is awful. The Specials song - Night club - sums it up for me.

Bunch of ****s dancing round their handbags.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Steezy)
    If you break the abbreviation of RnB down it is "Rythm & Blues". What an amazing mixture - one might think.

So how on Earth has it reached the appaling state it has today?

Rhythm - Great!

Blues - Great!

Rhythm AND Blues - ******* awful!

All it is is a bunch of whiny male *****es who moan about girlfriends dumping them or some other ****, with a really basic electronic drum beat in the background. All the while doing some weird dance whilst wearing one golf glove.

Anyone agree/disagree?
    "really basic electronic drum beat in the background. All the while doing some weird dance whilst wearing one golf glove" = Rhythm

"All it is is a bunch of whiny male *****es who moan about girlfriends dumping them or some other ****" = Blues

ReputationRep:
    Modern RnB is awful.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 4WhenImBanned)
    "really basic electronic drum beat in the background. All the while doing some weird dance whilst wearing one golf glove" = Rhythm

"All it is is a bunch of whiny male *****es who moan about girlfriends dumping them or some other ****" = Blues

Please tell me that was sarcasm. If that's what you think rhythm & blues is, I feel very sorry for you

ReputationRep:
    Please tell me that was sarcasm. If that's what you think rhythm & blues is, I feel very sorry for you
    That is the exact definition if you break it down, just how Motown-esque music was similar, yet a different style.

ReputationRep:
    I imagine that R&B is played in Hell on a loop for all eternity. I guess even the Devil would hate it.

The greatest represenation of the R&B genre is the advert shown before Celebrity Big Brother, with the guy singing about a phone contract in a overtly emotional voice.

Also, the only areas that R&B ever explores is break-ups. Come on, can they not possibly sing about something different?

How can someone possibly like R&B!?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lust of a Gardener)
    I imagine that R&B is played in Hell on a loop for all eternity. I guess even the Devil would hate it.

The greatest represenation of the R&B genre is the advert shown before Celebrity Big Brother, with the guy singing about a phone contract in a overtly emotional voice.

Also, the only areas that R&B ever explores is break-ups. Come on, can they not possibly sing about something different?

you'll never walk alone..with your LG phone

hahahaha such a waste of talent

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lust of a Gardener)

When I look at the people who like RnB, I can understand why they like it. They have two brain cells - one to tell them to dance when they hear an over-produced soundwave of ***** and another to tell them to keep putting fake tan on their already orange face.

The blokes who like it are the type that make rings around previously mentioned – tango faced ****s, waiting with desperate faces to make their move. If rape was legal, these people would have a new favourite hobby.

ReputationRep:
    RnB consists of irritating people talking over some noise. It's not "music".

ReputationRep:
    When I look at the people who like RnB, I can understand why they like it. They have two brain cells - one to tell them to dance when they hear an over-produced soundwave of ***** and another to tell them to keep putting fake tan on their already orange face.

The blokes who like it are the type that make rings around previously mentioned – tango faced ****s, waiting with desperate faces to make their move. If rape was legal, these people would have a new favourite hobby.
    I completely agree.

As long as the song is accompanied by a beat designed by a metronome, and has lyrics that include buzz words such as Love and want, these people will be there, gyrating in a nauseating fashion.

The sad part is, these people believe that these songs actually have some emotion. They couldn't be so far from the truth.

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't take it to a political level, but personally GOOD GOD DON'T I AGREE!

The lyrics especially are very, very simplistic and primitive, sometimes even subtly offensive e.g. what's up with the whole "If I were a boy..." thing?! First of all, it's stereotyping all men (if I were a guy I'd be seriously pissed off about it), second of all it's stereotyping all women, and third of all it simply gives out a distorted image of reality :indiff:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by x y z)
    Modern RnB is awful.

yeah, it gives me headache these days...but SOMEHOW it appeals to the younger generation i.e. my little sister who goes around the house singing these god-awful tunes and I have to restrain myself to strangle her (which requires a great deal of self control, believe me :yes: ).

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.