Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    What they class as RnB in the mainstream these days just isn't.

ReputationRep:
    Nowadays RnB is considerd to mean rhythm and bass , rather than the early Bluesey ray charles experiance.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lust of a Gardener)
    I completely agree.

As long as the song is accompanied by a beat designed by a metronome, and has lyrics that include buzz words such as Love and want, these people will be there, gyrating in a nauseating fashion.

The sad part is, these people believe that these songs actually have some emotion. They couldn't be so far from the truth.

It's brainwashing on a very large scale!!

ReputationRep:
    not the devil's music, just **** (modern stuff that is.)
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Yep! Im a devil.

ReputationRep:
    if you're referring to the illuminati then the reason for all of the symbols being moist abundant in r&b music is because it is considered to be a form of popular culture, that is the culture of the masses. this is apparently their way of appealing to the masses.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ihaterealitytvshows)
    if you're referring to the illuminati then the reason for all of the symbols being moist abundant in r&b music is because it is considered to be a form of popular culture, that is the culture of the masses. this is apparently their way of appealing to the masses.

I am indeed referring to the illuminati. Couldn't really come out and say it for fear of being ridiculed.

One of the many forms of brainwashing!

On a lighter note - "When you set out to appeal to the masses, you have to go back & enroll in some classes" - Guru!

Its a shame the Rhythm & Blues of early Who and Stones when it actually meant something,as well as being good music,has turned into nothing more than urban emo's crying about their childhood sweethearts....

ReputationRep:
    Please don't confuse the 'RnB' which dominates today's charts as real RnB.
    This is real

Notice that it's not about crying over a girl either.

ReputationRep:
    i broke my radio because of RnB, too over rated. The worst part is people actually listen to it. Old school rock......will never be over rated ^_^

ReputationRep:
    There is good R&B out there, it's just not as popular and won't make it in to the pop charts.
    Most of the famous people who do "R&B" (aka pop imo) just sing the typical boring songs to make money.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dzeh)
    is that chipmunks music classed as RnB? cos hes a talentless **** to. gets girls to sing the main (nearly all?) of his songs as hes a mumbling tit
    I wouldn't class Chipmunk as RnB. He used to do Grime but he intentionally broke away from it to become a pop artist.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vicky1986)
    I wouldn't class Chipmunk as RnB. He used to do Grime but he intentionally broke away from it to become a pop artist.
    He was alright as a grime artist as well. I remember seeing a Wiley freestyle on Westwood where he brought Chipmunk and some other kid on, they were good. Dunno what he's up to now though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by perfectimperfection)
    Please don't confuse the 'RnB' which dominates today's charts as real RnB.
    This is real

Notice that it's not about crying over a girl either.

Nothing. You're right, that is better than RnB

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Steezy)
    Nothing. You're right, that is better than RnB
    :confused:

oops, :confused: i thought I posted a video...:o:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2PvhUyS4-Fo

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by perfectimperfection)
    :confused:

oops, :confused: i thought I posted a video...:o:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2PvhUyS4-Fo

Lol the fact that nothing was there did bring good comedy value. Can't listen to it right now but will do later

ReputationRep:
    old rnb is amazing...but I hate the RnB now, i cant stand the likes of Akon or ne-yo, and so on.

ReputationRep:
    I love RNB and to the people saying the likes of Chipmunk and co mumble/talk through the song, well atleast they don't shout!

ReputationRep:
    I LOVE RNB

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Beautiful Nightmare)
    I love RNB and to the people saying the likes of Chipmunk and co mumble/talk through the song, well atleast they don't shout!

A happy medium would be nice.

I guess you're referring to skreamo music?

There are more than two types of music in the world.....

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.