Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

exercise and andrenaline and endorphins question Watch

ReputationRep:
    Ok I joined gym about 3 weeks before christmas and went 3 times the 1st week and once after then it was closed for 2 weeks then I went once the week after and didnt go last week.

I am fat(17 stone) and put on more weight every year hence me wanting to lose weight and havent felt energetic in 3 years since I was thin.

Anyway last night I really overworked myself, may not be bad for most people but spent 27 minutes at setting 5.0 on treadmill after only doing about 3.5 or 4 and lasting 10-12 minutes before and 5 minutes at 3.7 then spent 5 minutes on the weights, and 5 on the bike on fat burning mode.

I felt a bit, not quite winded but felt it in my chest and felt like I needed to breathe a bit easier.

It had a strange effect on me, normally I have sleep problems but it doesnt matter if its 3am or 6am I cant sleep as I dont feel like bed, but last night I felt more back to what I used to be normal when I was thin i.e wanting to go to bed at 3am and falling asleep on my feet in a generally good way but stayed up past 5am due to finshing essay.

I was woken up by LL at 11am showing tenants around and feel better than I normally do with 8 hours sleep, somewhat normal!

Dont understand it.

ReputationRep:
    You were tired after exercising, and so you slept.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chiko 1001)
    You were tired after exercising, and so you slept.
    But I went to bed about the same time but feel more normal/less depressed than normal and "brighter"

ReputationRep:
    Good for you, exercise is working in more ways than one.
    It tires you out and makes you sleep better. You probably felt calmer too...those cheeky endorphins!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by I<3LAMP)
    Good for you, exercise is working in more ways than one.
    It tires you out and makes you sleep better. You probably felt calmer too...those cheeky endorphins!
    I dont know about the sleeping pattern though as it has been bad for 2-3 years and really bad for a year but I was groggy last night but still didnt go to bed past 5am so it didnt knock me out unless it was psychologicla I stayed awake.

I would of gone back to bed for an hour or two but have class at 1.30 and its 35 minutes walk, shame I feel crap sleep wise but not brain wise.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EarlHickey)
    I dont know about the sleeping pattern though as it has been bad for 2-3 years and really bad for a year but I was groggy last night but still didnt go to bed past 5am so it didnt knock me out unless it was psychologicla I stayed awake.

I would of gone back to bed for an hour or two but have class at 1.30 and its 35 minutes walk, shame I feel crap sleep wise but not brain wise.
    Your sleep pattern will gradually correct itself if you keep up an excercise routine it will force your body to adapt, just a bit of pain for a whole lot of gain.

However the "feel good" factor from the endorphin rush is nothing to be worried about, just soak it up and repeat the process for more Naturally Stimulated high's!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 21, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.