Turn on thread page Beta

Need to send a parcel, does it matter what's on the box? watch

ReputationRep:
    This might seem a stupid question, but I need to send a parcel by Royal Mail, and have a box the ideal size, for a car stereo, so it has pictures and writing all over the box. Will this matter? Or should I try to cover it somehow? (only way I can think is sticking sheets of paper to each side)

ReputationRep:
    Doesn't matter as long as the address is clear.

ReputationRep:
    Better to cover it mate. You can buy brown wrapping paper from the post office which is quite cheap, and thats what they use for sending parcels.

ReputationRep:
    Should be fine as long as the writing isn't in Arabic.

/coat

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Citizen Zero)

/coat
    Think I should take the batteries out the clock too? :shifty:

Just found I have some brown parcel tape, could just wrap that round a bit, not to cover the whole lot, but at least shows that it's not a brand new box or something. Thanks for replies.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Citizen Zero)

/coat
    I LOL'd hard. :yes:

:woo:

ReputationRep:
    As long as you don't put "DANGER! BIOLOGICAL HAZARD!" on the box.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lust of a Gardener)
    As long as you don't put "DANGER! BIOLOGICAL HAZARD!" on the box.
    I like your sig.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah depends though I reckon that hiding it does help since a few years ago I sent a PSP out in a big psp box with pictures on and surpise surprise it "got lost" with the courier and they made excuses about the insurance.

ReputationRep:
    I personally would cover it, just makes it a little harder for anyone to spot what may be inside and want to take it. Whenever I have sent expensive stuff (special delivery is worth it for peace of mind to be honest if its an expensive radio), I always boxed it up and then covered any stickers/writing (except the address of course ), even if it didnt refer to the product that was inside.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Potally_Tissed)
    I like your sig.
    Mines bigger.

ReputationRep:
    Mines bigger.
    Yeah?
    edit: damn and blast, there's a size limit.

ReputationRep:
    I just have to hope the PO isn't shut now. I live in a village in the middle of nowhere, so knowing my luck, they'll only be open at ridiculous hours, like that thing they call morning.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah?
    edit: damn and blast, there's a size limit.

There's only room for one incredibly large David Cameron poster in this Forum.

Sir, I challenge you to a duel!

ReputationRep:
    There's only room for one incredibly large David Cameron poster in this Forum.

Sir, I challenge you to a duel!

I accept!

ReputationRep:
    Best to cover it in brown wrapping paper from the post office, just as you would a present and then wrap it with some string to hold down the paper in case it breaks. As an ebayer I made the mistake of putting something in a box that an ipod dock came in only for the parcel to get 'lost'.

ReputationRep:
    Cover it up, simply because otherwise it will get "lost" in the system.

Also, electronics boxes tend to be saturated with tons of bits of text and so forth that make it hard for RM staff and the sorting machines to identify the address.

ReputationRep:
    I accept!

I AM DAVID CAMERON! BOW BEFORE ME MORTALS!

ReputationRep:

My David Cameron is bigger than yours.

Damn, it was so big that it got resized down. Well played, sir, but I shall still not remove my sig.

ReputationRep:
    My middle names are David Cameron, therefore, I win!

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.