Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Is it really bad for you to only have 1 meal a day?

ReputationRep:
    most likely
    although that's what i've been living on at uni, if that
    and i'm not dead yet

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Finbar21)
    Is it really bad for you to only have 1 meal a day?
    It's not healthy, why do you ask?

ReputationRep:
    yes

ReputationRep:
    I used to live on one meal a day too. 'Its bad for your metabolism' says the "Im fat and I care" thread

ReputationRep:
    It depends what it is really. And what time you get up. If you get up at like 3 in the afternoon, and have a huge meal (healthy ish..) then I guess it's okay. But if you're up at 7 and say don't eat until 7pm then there's something wrong.

If you FEEL hungry, you need to eat more. If you don't, then I guess that's all that your body needs!

ReputationRep:
    Have you always lived like that and no problems with it? Then I see no reason to change it. If you're overweight though, it's apparently best to split that meal into 5 small ones and eat them over the day.

ReputationRep:
    If you want to lose weight? It won't help.
    If you want to gain weight? it won't help.
    If you want to feel healthy? It won't help.

Don't do it.

ReputationRep:
    Apparantly, you are suppose to eat every 4 hours. I personally would stick to eating three healthy meals a day and exercising if you want to loose weight/maintain a healthy lifestyle.

ReputationRep:
    Humans are supposed to eat a bit like horses, little and often. So, in theory, we should have about 5 small meals a day.
    That's what my dietitian said anyway.

ReputationRep:
    I lived on one meal a day for ages. Don't think it did me any harm.

ReputationRep:
    bad for you. I guess you snack a lot though? So I guess its like one continous meal.

ReputationRep:
    its amazing how many people try to commit suicide these days

ReputationRep:
    I dont want to lose weight or anything, its just how it happens usually

ReputationRep:
    your oviously retarded, next

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by logic123)
    your oviously retarded, next
    oh u sir so funnay

ReputationRep:
    Its probably very bad... Having said that due to music commitments and whatnot, monday to friday I get up at 6:30AM and don't eat untill 10:00PM... but then I have a MASSIVE meal which I try to make as healthy as possible

ReputationRep:
    Yes.

ReputationRep:
    so long as you snack regularly and eat proper food, and drink plenty of water then it should be fine for a short period of time, but not long term. But, if anyone wants to see a stupider diet, go for this:
    http://forums.finalgear.com/food/wat...ck-diet-29297/

ReputationRep:
    yeah it's very bad, if thats what you do usually you should probably try and eat smaller meals more often for health, energy etc etc. You can be getting all you need in one meal. If you're happy like that though do as you please.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 21, 2010
Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.