Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Well I am on a gap year and have only one more exam left next week after which I have nothing to do but a job before i start uni. Now this gives me a good opportunity to finally lose weight. I have lost almost 1st from october im about 15st and a bit right now at 5ft8. Anyway i need your help as I really want to do every thing i possible can do to be more active and healthy. I dont really want to join a gym but dont mind buying a cross trainer or something. So i ask your advice as you people seems to know that could help. Oh and im a vegetarian which might make things harder. Would love some advice on exercise and diet that could help.

ReputationRep:
    complex carbs (sweet potato, brown pasta), quality protein from fish, nuts, seeds, pulses, good fats, from oily fish, nuts, advocados.

HIIT 3 times a week for 20 minutes

Remaining days, good workout routine

Follow that, and none of this silly low carb stuff, your good to go

ReputationRep:
    Is there a reason specific reason why you dont want to join a Gym? But your willing to spend a big lump sum on a cross trainer? You would have access to a wider range of equipment by joining a Gym!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kingpin101)
    Is there a reason specific reason why you dont want to join a Gym? But your willing to spend a big lump sum on a cross trainer? You would have access to a wider range of equipment by joining a Gym!
    Mainly access as its not that easy to get to the gyms I live by and they still cost alot £40+ (virgin active) and also I just want to loss weight so i dont think all the equipment would make that much of a difference. I will join a gym at uni hopefully. I would ideally like to do it at home but am open to suggestions if they would mean big deffernces.

ReputationRep:
    one simple rule..."burn off more energy than you intake", simply eat healthier (doesnt mean fruit and vegtables all the time, just good clean food potatoes, pasta, oats etc.

If you dont ant to join a gym try 20 minutes if exercise each day, even if its jogging then work your way up to 30-45minutes, by which time you should have burnt off a few layers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by x01)
    Mainly access as its not that easy to get to the gyms I live by and they still cost alot £40+ (virgin active) and also I just want to loss weight so i dont think all the equipment would make that much of a difference. I will join a gym at uni hopefully. I would ideally like to do it at home but am open to suggestions if they would mean big deffernces.
    I would reccomend maintaining a consistent calorific defecit of around 10%. There are methods which you roughly calculate how many calories you should be taking in.

You might want to look into Ross Enamait's Never Gymless which offers a wide range of exercises and sample plans for those who want to work out at home.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.