Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    "Anatidaephobia: a pervasive, irrational fear that one is being watched by a duck.":confused:

I've just discovered this rather bizarre phobia. Has anyone ever heard of it before? And indeed, does anyone actually suffer from it? I'd be very interested to hear what a sufferer has to say about it.

ReputationRep:
    I don't have it but I don't like geese. :dry: those ******* will run hissing at you all at once. :afraid:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MisterJR)
    I'd be very interested to hear what a sufferer has to say about it.
    "See that duck, there, yeah? :ninja: It's watching meeeee.... :woo:"

ReputationRep:
    It's from The Far Side.

It's not a real phobia. :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MisterJR)
    "Anatidaephobia: a pervasive, irrational fear that one is being watched by a duck."

I've just discovered this rather bizarre phobia. Has anyone ever heard of it before? And indeed, does anyone actually suffer from it? I'd be very interested to hear what a sufferer has to say about it.
    :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
    This website has some funny ones: http://www.2spare.com/item_65894.aspx
    my personal favs:
    Aerophobia: Fear of swallowing air
    Arachibutyrophobia: Fear of peanut butter sticking to the roof of the mouth.

:rofl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by In2deep)
    :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
    This website has some funny ones: http://www.2spare.com/item_65894.aspx
    my personal favs:
    Aerophobia: Fear of swallowing air
    Arachibutyrophobia: Fear of peanut butter sticking to the roof of the mouth.

:rofl:
    :lolwut:

Anthrophobia: Fear of flowers

Anthrophobia is the fear of people!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Delta Usafa)

Anthrophobia: Fear of flowers

Anthrophobia is the fear of people!
    Now that I read the whole thing, there are a few obvious mistakes.:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    sorry but my favourite still has to be:

Hippopotomonstrosesquipedaliopho bia - fear of long words!
    • PS Helper

PS Helper
    If anatidaephobia were to be a phobia it would be something akin to "fear of ducks/geese/swans", not as specific as being watched by a duck (because "anatidae" just refers to that family of birds).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nuodai)
    If anatidaephobia were to be a phobia it would be something akin to "fear of ducks/geese/swans", not as specific as being watched by a duck (because "anatidae" just refers to that family of birds).
    :yes: fear of waterfowl
    :eek:

ReputationRep:
    You can make up a phobia of anything by taking a Latin/Greek word, then sticking 'phobia' on the end of it. It doesn't mean that anyone actually suffers from said condition.

(Sorry to be a massive killjoy)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cowsgoquack)
    :yes: fear of waterfowl
    :eek:
    I think it's quite appropriate that you commented on this feed with your username and avator both containing the world "quack" lol. :p:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 21, 2010
Poll
Who do you think it's more helpful to talk about mental health with?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.