The Student Room Group

Do my UCAS offers for 240 points include the points i got from the AS dropped lesson?

Ok, so here's an example of one of my offers:

Obtain 240 points. 200 tariff points must be from two or three 6 unit awards or one 12 unit award & one 6 unit award at A2 Level and include 100 points in a relevant subject. The remaining points can be taken from an additional AS Level or key skills level 3.

So translated, a 12 unit award would be a subject which counts for 2 A Levels, but the majority count for 1, so we can ignore that bit. And what the rest of it's saying is that the lesson i dropped at the end of AS (business studies, which i got a C in if you're interested) i can use up to 40 points from to make up the 240 they want and i need to take the rest from all of my A2s. I have 40 points exactly from my C in business, so that's not a problem.

Then i get this offer from somewhere else:

This offer is subject to you obtaining a minimum of 240 UCAS Tariff points from your A-Levels

So my question is this..

The first offer specifies that some of the UCAS points can be obtained from my AS levels but the 2nd offer doesn't. Does the 2nd offer still count the 40 points i have from my C at AS Level on the subject i dropped into the 240 points?
As far as I know, AS points count, if not, I'm screwed
AndrewFromTheNorth

So my question is this..

The first offer specifies that some of the UCAS points can be obtained from my AS levels but the 2nd offer doesn't. Does the 2nd offer still count the 40 points i have from my C at AS Level on the subject i dropped into the 240 points?

I think it doesn't, as it wants from 240 points from your A-levels. You do not have an A-level in business, only an AS.

No doubt Good Bloke will post at some point with a definitive answer. :smile:
Potally_Tissed
I think it doesn't, as it wants from 240 points from your A-levels. You do not have an A-level in business, only an AS.

No doubt Good Bloke will post at some point with a definitive answer. :smile:

love the sig
Just bumping, it's important i get a definite answer.
Reply 5
You are correct.
hello? definite answer? i tried to check with my tutorial teacher today but she wasn't in.
AndrewFromTheNorth
Obtain 240 points. 200 tariff points must be from two or three 6 unit awards or one 12 unit award & one 6 unit award at A2 Level and include 100 points in a relevant subject. The remaining points can be taken from an additional AS Level or key skills level 3.

This offer is subject to you obtaining a minimum of 240 UCAS Tariff points from your A-Levels

The first offer demands 240 point in total, of which at least 200 must come from either two or three full A levels (in your case, as you don't offer any double A levels). At least 100 of those points must come from a relevant subject from those A. You can top up to 240 points from AS levels.

The second offer demands 240 points from A levels alone, with no scope for topping up, so is a harder offer to fulfil, except that any number of A levels can count - the first offer is limited to a maximum of three for 200 of the points.

Latest

Trending

Trending