Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Edexcel C4 Monday 25th January 2010 (AM) watch

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys,

This is the last maths exam for me and I couldn't see a topic so I made one.

Hows everyone feeling about the exam ?

Personally I've been concentrating more on the other modules so I'm expecting to find it hard.

Although I'm pretty good at most things apart from Vectors.

So I'm probably just gona revise the key points from the heinemann book on vectors and hope for like a 6 mark question on finding the point of interception or something

ReputationRep:
    Only integration and past paper questions to go,

ReputationRep:
    i think im going to get a U

ReputationRep:
    i'm pretty confident, except if there's an obscure vector one...:s:

ReputationRep:
    whats the grade boundary, usually?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AyonFazal)
    whats the grade boundary, usually?
    Well I know that in the June 08 paper it was 57/75 for an A, but i think it may well be something like 57 for an A* this time around considering how difficult C3 was.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Optimu$)
    Well I know that in the June 08 paper it was 57/75 for an A, but i think it may well be something like 57 for an A* this time around considering how difficult C3 was.
    I found C3 difficult too, I'm resitting and really struggle with Vectors. I hope this goes okay

ReputationRep:
    Vectors is all I can do, the rest sucks. I really need like 90 something % though,

I'm just gonna spend all day on Solomons...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Optimu$)
    You haven't even seen the paper, how would you know?

Look how easy C3 was last summer and how hard C4 was. Just because C3 had some tricky questions this month doesn't mean C4's going to be a killer. We have no idea what the paper's like...

ReputationRep:
    How do you know when you're supposed to use integration by substitution? I've been watching these tutorials and he suddenly used it. I'm so confused

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Josieee)
    How do you know when you're supposed to use integration by substitution? I've been watching these tutorials and he suddenly used it. I'm so confused
    When you need integration by substitution they will almost always give you the substitution in the question.

"Use the substitution u=whatever to solve:"

ReputationRep:
    in a question I just did on EdExcel C4 Jan 07 it was used to get the volume?

ReputationRep:
    in a question I just did on EdExcel C4 Jan 07 it was used to get the volume?
    Question 2?

Why would you use substitution there?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HitTheSwitch)
    Question 2?

Why would you use substitution there?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kKCjq...layer_embedded

That's what the tutorial said to do. That's why I got confused?

ReputationRep:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kKCjq...layer_embedded

That's what the tutorial said to do. That's why I got confused?
    He uses substitution to make it easier I think, you don't have to use substitution there if you don't want to. I did it by recognition because I find it more simple but you can solve it in a few ways. I think If they definitely want you to use substitution they will probably tell you. Thats just the inpression I get, I'm not 100% sure...

ReputationRep:
    He uses substitution to make it easier I think, you don't have to use substitution there if you don't want to. I did it by recognition because I find it more simple but you can solve it in a few ways. I think If they definitely want you to use substitution they will probably tell you. Thats just the inpression I get, I'm not 100% sure...
    How would you use recognition?

ReputationRep:
    Use partial fractions to split it up, should be relatively straightforward from there.

ReputationRep:
    How would you use recognition?

Sorry, don't know LateX or whatever that stuff is.

ReputationRep:

Sorry, don't know LateX or whatever that stuff is.

Thank you that totally makes sense to me thank you so much

ReputationRep:
    also how do you know it's not gunna turn out to be ln(1+2x)^2 ? I think I've totally confused myself.

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: May 14, 2010
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.