The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 180
OH MY GOD!! i just realised i may have got question 1c wrong lol. I think i may have forgotten to multiply by 5 :eek: Any guess to how many marks would lose for that? and how many marks lost for getting 324 instead of 648? Those are the only marks i lost so there is hope for 100!
Reply 181
hey Arsey thanks for the solutions your answers match mine =)
keeranj
does anyonr remember question 7 , 8

As far as I can remeber, 7 is 648 and 8 is 4p(root(3)-1) or smth like that=D
Reply 183
how do you actually view the c4 mark scheme??
Reply 184
hey there, just wondering, anyone have a guess at how many potential marks lost from the following:

1) forgot to multiply by 5

Vector question: Last bit, I did the wrong perpendicualar bisector(I did the right angle opposite)
Q7) I produced the correct integral, but when Expanding out I forgot to multiply one of the terms by 10, so as a result one one of expressions was correct the 30t^3, Is What I obtained for one part, but then got the next part wrong, (although I carried on and multiplied by 2)

For question 8( I cannot rememeber what my answer was, although I do remember getting Sqrt3-1

something along those lines!

thank you, any chance of getting 90%, i hear 71 raw marks usually equates to 100ums, how about 65 raw marks?
Reply 185
Tangoed
Does anyone know when abouts the results will be released? I have no idea cos i took the paper as an external candidate...:confused:

hey, how do you view the answers for the c4 25th january 2010???????
Reply 186
bigbosss
hey Arsey thanks for the solutions your answers match mine =)

well I hope not as I made a stupid mistake on the last one
Reply 187
WillHJ
hey, how do you view the answers for the c4 25th january 2010???????

I posted the solutions on page 9? go back a couple of pages.

However, I made a daft error on the last one, so my answer is double what it should be. The rest are correct though (to my knowledge).
Reply 188
sulexk
hey there, just wondering, anyone have a guess at how many potential marks lost from the following:

1) forgot to multiply by 5

Vector question: Last bit, I did the wrong perpendicualar bisector(I did the right angle opposite)
Q7) I produced the correct integral, but when Expanding out I forgot to multiply one of the terms by 10, so as a result one one of expressions was correct the 30t^3, Is What I obtained for one part, but then got the next part wrong, (although I carried on and multiplied by 2)

For question 8( I cannot rememeber what my answer was, although I do remember getting Sqrt3-1

something along those lines!

thank you, any chance of getting 90%, i hear 71 raw marks usually equates to 100ums, how about 65 raw marks?

My best guess would be

58/75 - 80UMS
66/75 - 90UMS
74/75 - 100UMS

Very difficult one to predict since not many people will have done C4 in Jan
Reply 189
Hey there arsey, just wondering, any ideas on how many marks I would lose for question 7?

I produced the correct integral with the correct limits(3 and 0 - I also doubled at the end)

However when expanding the expression I forgot to multiply one of the terms by 10, so I got one part of the final integral correct, but then got the other incorrect leading to an incorrect solution.

any ideas?

thanks!
Reply 190
You'll lose no more than 2 marks, possibly only one. It's a basic arithmetic error, so they might even give you ECF, but since it was all part of one question you might not. I wouldn't lose sleep over it anyway.

Can anyone confirm whether or not the question on radius of a circle (ans=0.299) required 3sf? I gave the answer exact then wrote 0.3 just.
Reply 191
Deno_7951
You'll lose no more than 2 marks, possibly only one. It's a basic arithmetic error, so they might even give you ECF, but since it was all part of one question you might not. I wouldn't lose sleep over it anyway.

Can anyone confirm whether or not the question on radius of a circle (ans=0.299) required 3sf? I gave the answer exact then wrote 0.3 just.

Go to page 3 paper is posted there -.-'
Arsey
My best guess would be

58/75 - 80UMS
66/75 - 90UMS
74/75 - 100UMS

Very difficult one to predict since not many people will have done C4 in Jan

Good point - but looking at years past - your estimates seem to be correct - with 1/2 UMS difference....
Arsey
I don't know what you mean about 3c

seemed a pretty standard paper to me. I would guess 58-59 / 75

sorry i meant 2cii, i see i made the mistake, not you. i added 4 instead of subtracting it, so i got 17, in the bracket, instead of 15 for my final answer, OMG lost an A1 :frown:((((((((((

i think you got a bit more than that tbh, i saw only few errors, could you explain to me why you doubled the area on 7b?
Reply 194
sulexk
Hey there arsey, just wondering, any ideas on how many marks I would lose for question 7?

I produced the correct integral with the correct limits(3 and 0 - I also doubled at the end)

However when expanding the expression I forgot to multiply one of the terms by 10, so I got one part of the final integral correct, but then got the other incorrect leading to an incorrect solution.

any ideas?

thanks!

clearly the accuracy mark and perhaps another.
Reply 195
Rough Inclined Plane
sorry i meant 2cii, i see i made the mistake, not you. i added 4 instead of subtracting it, so i got 17, in the bracket, instead of 15 for my final answer, OMG lost an A1 :frown:((((((((((

i think you got a bit more than that tbh, i saw only few errors, could you explain to me why you doubled the area on 7b?

because integration between 0 and 3 only gives the area above the x-axis. Basic symmetry means you need to double it to get the complete area. Alternatively, you could have integrated between 3 and -3 which I didn't think of.
I failed this spectacularly. -______-
Arsey
clearly the accuracy mark and perhaps another.

Yep....But for the second answer, you should get the follow through marks.
Failure of an exam. Hope i got better than a D this time.
i think for que 8 part c posted in the answer is not correct...the volume should be multiplied by only pi not 2pi...pls check tat out

Latest

Trending

Trending