Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    for this C4 exam, i thought it was pretty easy, so i give it a 58-60 for 80 UMS (only my opinion, might not be true :P)

ReputationRep:
    Will ECF be applied for most questions?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by skk90)
    Will ECF be applied for most questions?
    Im not sure what ECF is, can you enlighten me? :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sulexk)
    Will grade boundaries be higher than usual? potentially?
    higher as in harder to get an A? I think they will stay in 58-60 region

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hussam1992)
    for this C4 exam, i thought it was pretty easy, so i give it a 58-60 for 80 UMS (only my opinion, might not be true :P)
    lol I thought it was harder than most of the past papers; probably as hard as June 09

So, going by that 80 UMS would be in the low to mid-50s but you never know!

ReputationRep:
    anyone got the working out for the last part of the final question?

thank you!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by n_251)
    lol I thought it was harder than most of the past papers; probably as hard as June 09

So, going by that 80 UMS would be in the low to mid-50s but you never know!
    maybe all those solomon papers that i did made the real thing seem easier :P

ReputationRep:
    i just want to get 100! which is possible if the grade boundaries are extremely low as ive lost around 2-3 marks. But the exam was pretty easy, hopefully they're not as high as the insane C3 of june 2009. 67/75 for 80 UMS!!

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sulexk)
    anyone got the working out for the last part of the final question?

thank you!
    V=Pi*(Integration of: y^2)

y^2=16/X^2*(1-X^2)^1/2 (hope thats clear)

so V=Pi*(16 times your answer to part a)

so V=4Pi[(root3)-1] (where the answer to part a) was (1/4)[(root3)-1] )

ReputationRep:
    that was for c3 I think, but for c4 it was lower, i think?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by u4m1r)
    i just want to get 100! which is possible if the grade boundaries are extremely low as ive lost around 2-3 marks. But the exam was pretty easy, hopefully they're not as high as the insane C3 of june 2009. 67/75 for 80 UMS!!
    nah i dont think it will be that high, the c3 exam of june 09 was incredibly easy compared to this c4 exam, even thought this exam was pretty easy. Also dont forget that most people do better in c3 than c4. so dont worry you'll probably end up with 98% at least, which isnt so bad is it? :P

ReputationRep:
    nah i dont think it will be that high, the c3 exam of june 09 was incredibly easy compared to this c4 exam, even thought this exam was pretty easy. Also dont forget that most people do better in c3 than c4. so dont worry you'll probably end up with 98% at least, which isnt so bad is it? :P
    yeh i guess. Besides, i only need 87 anyway to get an A*. (I got 93 in C3 last year)

ReputationRep:
    so as you said, you only lost 2-3 marks, so i would say that your A* is guaranteed :P

ReputationRep:
    question7 i think is 324 ..

ReputationRep:
    probably gonna be the exam i underperformed in, i got wrong values but the method i used was right, really pissed off because i only had 2 hours sleep the night before, and this jeapodised my entire performance.if i wasn't so tired, i would have spotted the mistakes i've made, like i did 3y=x so y=3x wth....really basic math man fml
    but overall, i think the paper was ok
    what did you guys get for the last question? did you multiply your answer 8part a) by 4pi or 16pi?

ReputationRep:
    i got those answers
    1)a)1.386,2.290
    b)7.368
    c)i)((x*2lnx)/2)-0.25x*2+c
    5)y*2+(x*2 +lnx -4)*3 or sth like that but to the power of 3
    6) 0.299
    7)a -4 & 41
    b) the area was sth like 624
    the paper is posted in page 3

ReputationRep:
    lol quite funny actually, i did a.b = 19 and |a|=root26 and |b|=root26
    and so cospheta =a.b/|a|.|b|
    and i somehow got cospheta= 7/11!
    just shows how tired i was-.-

ReputationRep:
    V=Pi*(Integration of: y^2)

so V=Pi*(16 times your answer to part a)

so V=4Pi[(root3)-1] (where the answer to part a) was (1/4)[(root3)-1] )
    so did you multiply your answer in part a by 4pi for part b?i think i might have missed something cos the answer in part a i got was root3 - 1 i think

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Megiddo)
    probably gonna be the exam i underperformed in, i got wrong values but the method i used was right, really pissed off because i only had 2 hours sleep the night before, and this jeapodised my entire performance.if i wasn't so tired, i would have spotted the mistakes i've made, like i did 3y=x so y=3x wth....really basic math man fml
    but overall, i think the paper was ok
    what did you guys get for the last question? did you multiply your answer 8part a) by 4pi or 16pi?
    same here mate, ALL of my mistakes, no exception, are because I suddenly used 3/4 instead of 4, or forgot that when you differentiate sin3x you multiply everything by differential of 3x etc. etc. which is really **** because I ****** up C3 for the same reason, well summer here I come :P

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever been hacked?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.