Turn on thread page Beta

Having trouble with bulking my legs :S watch

ReputationRep:
    nonsense sam. while favourable "genes" may predispose some to have to do less in the gym, it is no excuse for slacking off and chin wagging under the smith machine.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sam188)
    So why do you think some body builders have tiny legs lol? You my friend are an idiot for not understanding my point. Why do you think some people have ridiculously tiny legs while othes have ridiculously larger legs? It's all genetics my friend, all genetics.....
    Thanks for proving you're a tool.

As a bodybuilder myself, you will NOT FIND a competitor with small legs, no one is stupid enough to step on stage with a tiny set of legs. Of course there are those with legs that are better than others but this does not mean building the quads is an impossibility for some. I take it you're a lazy pencilneck lacking in gains and jumping on the "genetics" excuse to make up for your failings, it is not all genetics, it is diet, training and rest and you clearly do not understand that. Any guy you see with "tiny" legs yet a large upper body is a jackass and I will gladly call that guy a jackass to his face, there is no excuse for neglecting the lower body. Please provide me your lift statistics so I can be entertained.

ReputationRep:
    Here is a link http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/drryan25.htm-

All i typed in was: is calf size genetic? To Bishamon: You've clearly never participated in any serious sport, and you just sound like some queer little gym boy. Pisses me off when you see all the little queers in a gym who have no real idea about their bodies, and are just sticking to some crappy workout they THINK will work.

To the OP- i would give up on your legs if you dont see any improvement- I can't express enough how much genetics play in calf size.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ernestestes)
    nonsense sam. while favourable "genes" may predispose some to have to do less in the gym, it is no excuse for slacking off and chin wagging under the smith machine.

Dude i know this **** from LOTS of exeperience- used to play in a championship footie acadmey. Some people just cant get big legs mate. I'm very sorry but its true. Seriously if i worked o my legs for a week doing a small workout, you would see a difference, let alone 2 months like the OP. It's absolutely crazy i know but like i said i have a ton of expereince with this. You dont even need the experience i've had to see in public some people just have huge legs(not bone structure) whilst others have pathetic twigs. DO YOUR RESEACRH!

ReputationRep:
    Lol. uh oh

ReputationRep:
    i don't know how to break this to you, sam, but your legs are composed of more than just calf muscles (even if they were, genetics are not the end all, which is even pointed out by your "source" )

ReputationRep:
    All i typed in was: is calf size genetic?
    Every muscles is partly down to genes.

ReputationRep:
    Dude i know this **** from LOTS of exeperience- used to play in a championship footie acadmey. Some people just cant get big legs mate. I'm very sorry but its true. Seriously if i worked o my legs for a week doing a small workout, you would see a difference, let alone 2 months like the OP. It's absolutely crazy i know but like i said i have a ton of expereince with this.
    :rofl:

You dont even need the experience i've had to see in public some people just have huge legs(not bone structure) whilst others have pathetic twigs. DO YOUR RESEACRH!
    Just like any other muscle. :curious:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sakujo)
    Every muscles is partly down to genes.
    Some people are stupid! Offcourse everything part of your body is genetic. What i and the link is saying though, is that your calves are highly dependent on your genetics. What dont you idiot's get.

It's really not rocket science ppl!

ReputationRep:
    I usually stick to leg press, squats and standing calf raises with dumbbells and my legs are alright.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ernestestes)
    i don't know how to break this to you, sam, but your legs are composed of more than just calf muscles (even if they were, genetics are not the end all, which is even pointed out by your "source" )
    I never mentioned caleves were the only part of your leg you idiot, but they're the part that people differ from the most you idiot boy. Quads are probably hugely genetic too. Did you read the link as it clearly states genetics play a HUGE role in calf size/strength. Read it again!
    Some people cant become decent sports people because they dont have the genetics for strong legs- it's plain and simple. To sum up for you idiots- Your genetics play a huge role in your calf(and most probably) your quad size/strength.

ReputationRep:
    Some people are stupid! Offcourse everything part of your body is genetic. What i and the link is saying though, is that your calves are highly dependent on your genetics. What dont you idiot's get.

It's really not rocket science ppl!
    The link doesn't work.:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Here is a link http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/drryan25.htm-

All i typed in was: is calf size genetic? To Bishamon: You've clearly never participated in any serious sport, and you just sound like some queer little gym boy. Pisses me off when you see all the little queers in a gym who have no real idea about their bodies, and are just sticking to some crappy workout they THINK will work.

To the OP- i would give up on your legs if you dont see any improvement- I can't express enough how much genetics play in calf size.
    Wow, you're so dumb, you cant even verify your links. Tool. Secondly, since when was calf size, overall leg size? Depending on calf height and shape some may appear smaller than others, you truly are an ape. How can you tell someone to give up on their legs?

ReputationRep:
    I never mentioned caleves were the only part of your leg you idiot, but they're the part that people differ from the most you idiot boy. Quads are probably hugely genetic too. Did you read the link as it clearly states genetics play a HUGE role in calf size/strength. Read it again!
    Some people cant become decent sports people because they dont have the genetics for strong legs- it's plain and simple. To sum up for you idiots- Your genetics play a huge role in your calf(and most probably) your quad size/strength.
    Wow, just wow.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bishamon)
    Wow, you're so dumb, you cant even verify your links. Tool. Secondly, since when was calf size, overall leg size? Depending on calf height and shape some may appear smaller than others, you truly are an ape. How can you tell someone to give up on their legs?
    Shoosh, he "used to play in a championship footie acadmey". :yes: :fyi:

ReputationRep:
    ok look at it this way. when your young and everyone has puny upper bodies- people's legs differ in size alot- plz someone explain this. or shud i just blame it on genetics....

ReputationRep:
    sammytroll. you obviously haven't seen bish. you don't want to be getting on his bad side.

ReputationRep:
    Anyway OP, you know your body the best. Train your legs if you want, as anything has to help a bit i guess. i'm just trying to say that some people are just very lucky with their legs. Please believe me on this one, as i know I'm correct. Not just your calf size but whole legs in general.( i just spoke to a rower friend to confirm this). These other dweebs might know more about exercise routines, but it's like anything- you need the ability in the beginning to excel- simple.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yodude888)
    sammytroll. you obviously haven't seen bish. you don't want to be getting on his bad side.

shut up u *****

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bishamon)
    Bishamon is ******* stupid! he said this: ''depending on calf height and shape some may appear smaller than others''

That is the most stupid thing i have ever read- get out of here Bishamon you idiot

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 24, 2010
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.