Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Having trouble with bulking my legs :S watch

ReputationRep:
    Chillax guys!!! Whats all the ruckass lol... We all have diffo opinions which is why I came here

(Original post by ch0c0h01ic)
    I'm calling BS here - your routine is crap and I'm betting your diet isn't much better.

It isn't a miracle or the dreaded 'ultra high metabolism' that's the reason why your legs aren't gaining strength and/or size.
    To be fair I do blame my metabolism but I'm not using it as an excuse at all. I know I have to work at it. It just seems FRUSTRATING!!!

(Original post by Bishamon)
    Further, the actual composition of muscle fibers is different, having a higher percentage of red slow-twitch fibers that are more suited to endurance than toward short bursts of power like a low-rep set of squats with a heavy weight. What does this mean? The legs can take a lot of work compared to muscle groups like the chest or biceps, and in fact, without an adequate amount of work, you can’t expect to see gains.
    So by that you mean work my legs even HARDER than any of my other muscle groups??
    I doesnt help that I'm exactly 6ft so big legs would mean alot to me!!

Has anyone got a 2 or 3 day diet (Then I can vary it for the week) I could possibly stick to?? Maybe that's my problem.
    I know I have to eat 6 times a day but thinking of what to eat during the day is not easy!!! Right now I barely eat 4 times a day!!! I blame work :curious: :curious:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by T DuDe R3B3L)
    Chillax guys!!! Whats all the ruckass lol... We all have diffo opinions which is why I came here

To be fair I do blame my metabolism but I'm not using it as an excuse at all. I know I have to work at it. It just seems FRUSTRATING!!!

So by that you mean work my legs even HARDER than any of my other muscle groups??
    I doesnt help that I'm exactly 6ft so big legs would mean alot to me!!

Has anyone got a 2 or 3 day diet (Then I can vary it for the week) I could possibly stick to?? Maybe that's my problem.
    I know I have to eat 6 times a day but thinking of what to eat during the day is not easy!!! Right now I barely eat 4 times a day!!! I blame work
    :curious: :curious:
    Yes, you have to work them even harder, I know height doesnt help but hey, I'm 6ft4 yet my quads measure at 33". Height may make the task more difficult it is not rendered impossible. I also understand the difficulties of work and eating frequently, in such cases I would suggest supplementing with protein shakes during the day.

ReputationRep:
    I have tree-trunk legs, I'd gladly give them to you tbh

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.