Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Vegan Protein (without Carbs) watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    It's really difficult to find vegan products that have more protein than carbohydrates. The only food I've managed to find are nuts, tofu and Linda McCartney sausages. I was trying a high protein, low carbohydrate vegan diet but it was impossible unless I wanted to eat them same things everyday.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by modini)
    Are eggs out of the question OP?

Because they have very high protein and very little carb.
    They said they saw quorn but didn't take it due to it containing eggs, so presumably yes.

ReputationRep:
    OP, eat tofu in. It has a high protein:carb ratio.

ReputationRep:
    Cant you just cut out extra carbs, ie spinach and tofu should be fine (maybe with extra veg) without a bagle etc

Oh and those linda mccartney sausages are amazing, spesh with onion .

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the ideas everyone. Guess I'm going for the mycoprotein without egg white, linda mccartney sausages, tofu and lots of vegetables. And nuts.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A Stranger in Moscow)
    Thanks for the ideas everyone. Guess I'm going for the mycoprotein without egg white, linda mccartney sausages, tofu and lots of vegetables. And nuts.
    Firstly I endorse nuts more than anything else you've just mentioned.
    Secondly you want to try and vary your nuts.
    Peanut butter-great on toast (I go with suma's own brand personally, they have two ingredients either 100% peanuts, or their other one has a smidge of salt in it as well.
    You may have to stir it in as it can separate.
    Secondly cashews, brazils, almonds, make sure to mix it up a little.
    Obviously there are also hazelnuts, walnuts, pistachios etc. as well.
    I try to rotate going through about 100grams of a nut a day then going to the next one the next day.

If you want a vegan chart thing, pm me your email address (this is to anyone who wants it, it lists vegan sources of lots of things we need).

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.