Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi there,

I found several threads talking about IBM Assessment Day; however, I would like to be more specific on IBM eXtreme Blue program.

I've applied the technical role for IBM eXtreme Blue, and pass the online IPATO test. I assume the next step will be the Assessment Day.

Many questions keep me nervous, and please give me any suggestion you may think useful or anyone have done this before please tell me in details.

1. Will there be a shorter aptitude test again?

2. Will they asked mixture of algorithms, small programs of SQL, database, Java and C++ and etc because I applied the technical role?
    What type of algorithms they will ask like searching and sorting? How about programming?

3. Will there be a team work as well? I read previous thread that they built lego bridge or something. But I don't think they will use this kind of team work for many years. What about now?

4. Will there be a personal interview as well? A little bit chatty about yourself and what do you know about IBM bla bla?

Thanks very much if anyone could help!:woo:

ReputationRep:
    As far as i know, there is a shorter versian of the IPATO test, so same sort of questions, but just less of them.
    A group exercise (or 2)
    and another test, for techies it will be a pseudo programming test, and for business people it will be some kind of case study test

I am at the same stage in the application as you, but for business not tech.

There wont be a personal interveiw untill the second AC.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks a lot for your reply!

ReputationRep:
    I had this today, it was exactly what i said before. although you also get a tour.
    you dont get any food, and its quite a long time espesh since you have a very early start, but you get unlimited tea and coffee :p:
    They give you a lot of breaks and the tasks arn't as time pressured as other ACs that i have been too, overall it was fairly relaxed.

ReputationRep:
    Please help!!!

I am taking the IPATO test in 2 days. So, could you please send me some info as regards the content of test or if you have any screenshot I would appreciate it very much

thank you so much...

Can someone please help me , Pleeaseee help!!!!

Regards,
    Anna

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

Featured recruiter profiles:

CGI logo

CGI is open for applications

"Offering a range of apprentice and sponsored degree positions."

Quick link:

Unanswered IT and technology threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.