B
    22.13%
    C
    10.11%
    Never done drugs
    45.63%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GlamCanyon)
    What? These are trials of various things that have been going on for decades. Nutt was not referring to all drugs, in fact he said some are very dangerous.
    David Nutt was the governments ex chief drug advisor who got fired for saying that cannabis and e's were safer than alcohol and aspirin. The point I was trying to make was that although the guy you quoted was not deciding what was safe based on clinical trials, neither are the government.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by museobsessed)
    I've never done drugs, people don't realise how much luck there is involved in having positive experiences with drugs
    I don't really agree with this.

Experience, environment and good research are really the three key factors. If someone is dim enough to ignore this then they're likely to have a bad experience. I've never known anyone, including myself, to have a negative experience on drugs when these requirements are fulfilled.

The only drug I can kind of see your point with is Salvia, a legal hallucinogen. This is largely because of the severe temporary memory loss it causes, leading you to forget you smoked it in the first place.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RaspberryJelly)
    I can't believe K is class C and weed is class B - K is rough stuff. ugh.
    At first glance this looks like complex algebra.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Liquidus Zeromus)
    *nasty teeth pic*
    What is that from?!

ReputationRep:
    A..MDMA, Coke, Pills..Weed, (+ Salvia, Meph)

This is making me look very irresponsible I actually barely do this crap and barely drink too. meh.

ReputationRep:
    Never.

ReputationRep:
    nevaaaaaaah!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thatwhichiam)
    What is that from?!
    Meth mouth :puke:

ReputationRep:
    I also dont understand why some of these drugs have been put in their class. I kno that there isnt much research been done on ket. I wonder if this is the reason.

When they are put in there classes it makes me think that is it because there is too much use of the drug and they want to stop people using them by giving larger sentancing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Delta Usafa)
    You eat the mushrooms out of the fields?? Dear lord man. I would never touch anything that grew on the ground in my yard, where I'm from it'll kill you. :p:
    You gotta make sure you pick the right thing, but so long as you do your research and know the unique identifiers of the liberty cap (the most commonly found shroom here), you'll be fine.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Liquidus Zeromus)
    Meth mouth :puke:
    Not nice.....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thatwhichiam)
    Not nice.....
    Nope.

Stupid waster junkies :indiff:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CandyFlipper)

Magic mushrooms are also very safe, they're still decriminalised in Amsterdam I believe, or were only recently criminalised.
    Recently criminalised, because some tourists (i.e., 2 people) jumped of bridges/killed themselves supposedlyafter a bad trip. Which is a great reason to criminalise something! I'm sure alcohol as NEVER killed THAT MANY people!!!

Anyway, for me it's B, but these classes are so arbitrary. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Never done drugs, never will.

ReputationRep:
    It is ridiculous that cannabis is higher than Ketamine.
    What about K-holing ?!
    The gov't are clearly wack ¬¬

ReputationRep:
    I have never done drugs myself, and I don't plan to either. However, I don't really have an issue with softer recreational drugs people do; as in I wouldn't be put off if I found out my friends have done it (which some of them have) because it's not my business. At any rate, I think there is a bad stigma attached to doing recreational drugs on occassion whereas I think smoking 20 cigarrettes a day is far more detrimental for your health than occassional drug use and for some reason is thought of as "not as bad" as taking drugs.

My only issue with drug use is that softer stuff can lead you on to more dangerous substances like herion - a guy in my year at school started smoking weed a couple of years ago and now has paralysed legs due to excessive use of harder drugs (not sure which ones, he seemed to have done/tried everything). It took over his life and his personality changed as a result of his addictions - he would steal from his parents and friends in order to have money for buying more drugs. Considering my ramblings here, I think there is a gap in the education about drugs - all my education has seemed to do is attach a huge stigma to drug use but I didn't actually find anything out about types of drugs or what they do - I had to learn from other sources like the internet and books.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pl,okmijn)
    Does having morphine when i broke my arm count ?
    Ahah!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mikeyd85)
    You gotta make sure you pick the right thing, but so long as you do your research and know the unique identifiers of the liberty cap (the most commonly found shroom here), you'll be fine.
    Yeah, Fly Agaric on the other hand might not be the best thing for someone to go looking for without much idea

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by museobsessed)
    I've never done drugs, people don't realise how much luck there is involved in having positive experiences with drugs
    Very little "luck" unless your talking about what the drug is cut with (if it can be)

Its all about the situation and mind set. Althogh some may interprite this as "luck"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Veil of Maya)
    Yeah, Fly Agaric on the other hand might not be the best thing for someone to go looking for without much idea
    :nope:

Though they are very pretty!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.