Turn on thread page Beta

I fancy my friend! Help! watch

ReputationRep:
    This sounds really lame, but recently I've started to really feel for one of my good mates, he doesn't have a slightest idea though. We're going to a gig together next month (daybefore Valentine's Day funnily enough) and I don't want to act all weirdly shy around him...I don't know what to do!

ReputationRep:
    bj

ReputationRep:
    Tell him!

ReputationRep:
    Be boyfriend and girlfriend?

ReputationRep:
    :facepalm2:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by whitediamondsinthesnow)
    This sounds really lame, but recently I've started to really feel for one of my good mates, he doesn't have a slightest idea though. We're going to a gig together next month (daybefore Valentine's Day funnily enough) and I don't want to act all weirdly shy around him...I don't know what to do!
    Well, if he's not into you and he only likes you as a friend, it might be awkward when you tell him what you feel. Maybe you should just wait a little longer and then decide what to do?

ReputationRep:
    I'm on TSR you know. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Just ask him out anyways even if you get rejected you've tried.

Warning: can have other side effect such as you guys may stop being friends.

ReputationRep:
    Dont say anything too obvious to him. Try some subtle flirting (VERY subtle) and see if he reciprocates. If he likes you then he'll be concious of that...and if he just acts normal then its safer to leave things as they are.

ReputationRep:
    Get the band to propose for you.

ReputationRep:
    are you a boy or a girl?

ReputationRep:
    how bout you tell him that...

ReputationRep:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nd4E9ePUrok

Replace gender pronouns, pay attention. Billy Joel is wise.

ReputationRep:
    Tell him after the Gig, so you can enjoy the gig, without it being awkward

ReputationRep:
    He probably won't get it if you just flirt subtly, he might even flirt back but not realise you feel differently; boys have a knack for being completely oblivious to these things...
    Maybe you shouldn't tell him just yet, but try hinting (not too subtly) that you like someone, and flirt with him? Good luck.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *MJ*)
    I'm on TSR you know. :rolleyes:

That's the kinda childish joke someone who plays with pokemon would say.. oh wait..

ReputationRep:
    flirt a bit , see how he reacts..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by whitediamondsinthesnow)
    hey im a guy in the same kinda position. except my mates are all pricks and childish so i dunno if she already knows :|. we still are mates and i feel something between us. im just gonna tell her soon and if i get rejected then: "i dont want things to get awkward, still mates yeh?"

try it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kevin_123)
    That's the kinda childish joke someone who plays with pokemon would say.. oh wait..
    Say that to my cubone. I DARE you.

You tried to **** 'im.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 21, 2010
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.