Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Ive applied for neuroscience, with Nottingham as my first choice.. anyone doing the same..?
    x

ReputationRep:
    yup look at my sig

ReputationRep:
    Same here. What are your other choices?

ReputationRep:
    Me too. Im going to UCL next year.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fozzi)
    Good choice - UCL is the best in the UK for neuroscience. You'll love it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gammaknifed)
    Good choice - UCL is the best in the UK for neuroscience. You'll love it!
    Thanks! Are you doing neuroscience at UCL at the moment?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fozzi)
    Thanks! Are you doing neuroscience at UCL at the moment?
    I graduated in Sept '09 Loved the course! The brain and nervous system is so damn fascinating.

ReputationRep:
    Nottingham is my second choice, Sussex my first

ReputationRep:
    still waiting on edingburgh..

thinking of manchester as my firm and dundee as insurance..

anyone the same?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Unfavourably)
    Same here. What are your other choices?
    Neuroscience at Uni of nottigham, Leicester and Keele

You?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fozzi)
    What are you predicted?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gulnar_x)
    What are you predicted?
    I'm on a gap year, so I've got my grades. Lucky me. Is UCL your first choice?

ReputationRep:
    No nottingham is my first choice.x

ReputationRep:
    No nottingham is my first choice.x
    I'm at Nottingham doing Neuroscience now, ask if you want any qus answered at all

In other news, would anyone here back me in forming a TSR Neuroscience Society

ReputationRep:
    I'm planning to Join UCL for MSc in Neuroscience this september. Ne1 has any opinions? What aere the prospects after completing this course. As in job or Do i have to do a PhD?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Billinge1991)
    I'm at Nottingham doing Neuroscience now, ask if you want any qus answered at all

I'll back you.

well.. I've got a few questions really. I hope you'd help. What A level grades did you get?
    Im a little worried that Ill get a ABC instead of ABB..Will that still be okay, do you think? Because the C is in Biology...

Thank you so much for your help

ReputationRep:
    I'll back you.

well.. I've got a few questions really. I hope you'd help. What A level grades did you get?
    Im a little worried that Ill get a ABC instead of ABB..Will that still be okay, do you think? Because the C is in Biology...

It'll be ok as in you'll get in, but if this is the case I'd strongly recommend reading up over the summer, a lot of the first year is a-level biology/chemistry.

I'm assuming you need ABB for the MSci? The absolute WORST that could happen would be you'd be moved to the BSc course, but then if you get 60% in the first year you could transfer back to the MSci

The uni will also take in to account module grades, so if you get all As and Bs but one D then they should overlook it. Also depends on the type of A/B/C grade. If it's very close to a B they really won't mind .

I got:
    A2 levels: ABB and Nuffield Award A*
    AS levels: AAABBB (though that includes general studies and critical thinking :p: which is on of the As and one of the Bs!)

I'm sure you'll do fine though

Hope this helps, let me know if there's anything else

ReputationRep:
    I'll back you.

I have the same problem as this but my grade offer is BBB, I'm worried I'll end up with ABC, the C being in biology..ahhh I hope I get in!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Billinge1991)

Hey...I've applied for MSc Translational Neuroimaging. ne ideas??
    Howz the department and future prospects of this course, neuroscience in general.
    I've got scholarship as well, but I also have an offer from UCL. what do you suggest?

The main thing I would like to know is career placements from Neuroscience department after finishing graduation or postgrad.
    Thanks in advance.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by arora_atul8)
    Hey...I've applied for MSc Translational Neuroimaging. ne ideas??
    Howz the department and future prospects of this course, neuroscience in general.
    I've got scholarship as well, but I also have an offer from UCL. what do you suggest?

The main thing I would like to know is career placements from Neuroscience department after finishing graduation or postgrad.
    Thanks in advance.
    Hmm, have you already got your BSc then? I so, what was it in? If not...I assume you mean MSci?

A masters/undergradutes masters will definately help with getting employment over just a bachelors.

There are lots of graduate schemes in research facilities which pay lots of money $$. They pay you while you're being trained for around 2 years and guarantee you a job

Hmm, I much prefer Nottingham. The department is slightly disorganised, but no more than any other uni, frankly. I didn't like the sound of the price of living in London I'm originally from London and really don't like the crowds and ridiculous prices! But then, lots of people like the busy atmosphere! SO that's personal preference. What I will say is that Nott has the QMC and is where fMRI was invented - so we have a good reputation the world over. This doesn't only mean we get the best neuroscience lecturers, but also the best employment prospects as companies know that Nottingham is particularly good for medical sciences

Hope this helps

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: July 9, 2010

University open days

1. University of Edinburgh
    All Departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Sep '18
  2. University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Days - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Sep '18
  3. Loughborough University
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Sep '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.