Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I thought the paper was ok Not too bad.

What did you guys think?

I thought it was reallyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy hard

ReputationRep:
    I Loved it especially the oxidation states question which was in the specimen paper xD

ReputationRep:
    Really Liam?? I thought you said you got about 40 marks??? I found it ok... unit 4 next week thats going to be the killer

ReputationRep:
    I thought the paper was really ok! I felt like I knew the answer to every question, i just maybe doubted whether I was achieving all of the marks because of the way I was expressing my anwers...

ReputationRep:
    I thought it was okayish except from the thermodynamic cycle,mean bond hr mass spec. With the nucleophillic substitution there was a one marker at the end. What was the answer for that?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Haruhi)
    I thought the paper was ok Not too bad.

What did you guys think?
    Are you serious? that was the easiest piece of crap ever being it's Unit 2. Much much easier than past papers. I thought they took some questions out of the GCSE's. Confident 90%+.

But alot of people are going to get high marks, so grade boundaries is going to be high

ReputationRep:
    Compared to the chem2 paper in June, this one feels so much easier. the only topic i didnt revise enough was halogens + halides, but luckily there wasnt too much about them i even breathed a sigh of relief getting to the last question and finding 5 marks just for electrophilic addition the easiest end to an exam i think i've ever had

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Artymess)
    Compared to the chem2 paper in June, this one feels so much easier. the only topic i didnt revise enough was halogens + halides, but luckily there wasnt too much about them i even breathed a sigh of relief getting to the last question and finding 5 marks just for electrophilic addition the easiest end to an exam
    i think i've ever had
    I know the last page was so much better than last years exam I was going to leave it out because when it showed cl I thought ohhh no this is similar to last years but Im glad I had shot at it

I'm probably a bit weired as I am the only person to find it hard :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gcseangel)
    I know the last page was so much better than last years exam I was going to leave it out because when it showed cl I thought ohhh no this is similar to last years but Im glad I had shot at it
    yep i'm quite glad that they ended with something relatively simple. and im quite happy the little bit about sodium halides was multiple choice too. last year i scraped a C in this, but i think i've managed to drag myself up to a high B/low A. its a shame they pretty much just skipped over maxwell-boltzmann curves though they're usually worth a few easy marks too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Casshern1456)
    Are you serious? that was the easiest piece of crap ever being it's Unit 2. Much much easier than past papers. I thought they took some questions out of the GCSE's. Confident 90%+.

But alot of people are going to get high marks, so grade boundaries is going to be high
    Haha I didn't want to be so blunt, but yer this is pretty much exactly how I felt! 10x easier than the June paper which i went into just as unprepared for! Lets hope the marks aren't massively scaled down, and that the same person wrote Wednesdays Chem4 exam!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by algérie_mon_amour)
    I'm probably a bit weired as I am the only person to find it hard :confused:
    lol don't be too modest I'm sure you will laugh with joy when u get your exceptional result back.you revised hard for it so you will see the fruits for your hard work and Ty for the June o9 ms

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Artymess)
    Compared to the chem2 paper in June, this one feels so much easier. the only topic i didnt revise enough was halogens + halides, but luckily there wasnt too much about them i even breathed a sigh of relief getting to the last question and finding 5 marks just for electrophilic addition the easiest end to an exam i think i've ever had
    well that is great news! What did you write for the reagent and then u had to say ur observation for each compound? I screwed up on the cl2 + h20 reaction I wrote hcl and hclo aah

ReputationRep:
    lol don't be too modest I'm sure you will laugh with joy when u get your exceptional result back.you revised hard for it so you will see the fruits for your hard work and Ty for the June o9 ms
    You have the June 09 MS? :eek4:

Send meh, i'm collecting papers. :yes:

:woo:

I hope that will be the case! But I mean there were some questions where I just guessed ! had no idea what they were on about!
    For example what is SO2 used for?
    Why is the catalyst hot?
    and quite few more :rolleyes: :eek: :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Marcus_Q)
    Haha I didn't want to be so blunt, but yer this is pretty much exactly how I felt! 10x easier than the June paper which i went into just as unprepared for! Lets hope the marks aren't massively scaled down, and that the same person wrote Wednesdays Chem4 exam!
    I wish that was true! I'm prepared for Unit 4 but chapter 11 i'm still rusty..the triplets and doublets sort of got me spinning...I'm going to revise though and it's my last exam(done 6 already what more do you want), so after that relax and chill.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *MJ*)
    You have the June 09 MS? :eek4:

Send meh, i'm collecting papers. :yes:

:woo:
    Contact algeri she was op u will find her posts in this thread

ReputationRep:
    I hope that will be the case! But I mean there were some questions where I just guessed ! had no idea what they were on about!
    Why is the catalyst hot?
    So2 is collected and use to make h2so4..you know..add water. For catalyst being hot, i don't know, the only question to baffle me on the paper.

EDIT: just incase you wrote so2 down and tried working it out. the extra oxygen came from the air.

so2 + h2o + 1/2o2 = h2so4

ReputationRep:
    Why is the catalyst hot?
    Yeah same here I didnt know those too I guess the real chemists would know it. What did u write for ur definition of catalysts?

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.