Turn on thread page Beta

Do you respect white-collar criminals? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    When I see people sentenced for crimes such as embezzling millions from company funds, I really have a lot of respect for them. I have a lot of respect for the people who manage to fleece companies like that, so that even if they get sent to prison, an extravagent lifestyle awaits when they're freed. When I see people sentenced however for typical stealing etc, I just pity them and think 'oh dear, thank heavens we have a home in prison for your type'.

I see crimes like stealing and robbery etc as very low-class, and the domain of the not-so intelligent, whereas I find it quite sexually attractive when a person can be so cunning and deceitful. When I'm older, I'd love to be one of those bent lawyers or accountants who becomes vastly wealthy from exploiting every loophole in the book to ensure my clients pay as little as possible into a system that supports dossers whose sprogs can then go on to claim EMA at college.

Do you agree?

ReputationRep:
    1. Troll.
    2. Troll.
    3. Troll.

That is all.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode...s_6_Episode_1/

Love it.

ReputationRep:
    No.

ReputationRep:
    Marry me?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by deadlyicequeen)
    When I see people sentenced for crimes such as embezzling millions from company funds, I really have a lot of respect for them. I have a lot of respect for the people who manage to fleece companies like that, so that even if they get sent to prison, an extravagent lifestyle awaits when they're freed. When I see people sentenced however for typical stealing etc, I just pity them and think 'oh dear, thank heavens we have a home in prison for your type'.

I see crimes like stealing and robbery etc as very low-class, and the domain of the not-so intelligent, whereas I find it quite sexually attractive when a person can be so cunning and deceitful. When I'm older, I'd love to be one of those bent lawyers or accountants who becomes vastly wealhy from exploiting every loophole in the book to ensure my clients pay as little as possible into a system that supports dossers whose sprogs can then go on to claim EMA at college.

Do you agree?
    no

ReputationRep:
    I liked it when i saw the young lad steal 18.2 mil from hsbc, i thought good for you! But when it comes to large companies like Enron, that cost a lot of people jobs due to the greed of a few at the top.

ReputationRep:
    They're the crafty ones. :mmm:

Though I do think they're intelligent, I think they might be in some cases even worse as they've generally really thought about it, not caring about the people they're stealing from and don't really need the money. They just want to get rich quick.

Nasty little buggers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aphotic Cosmos)
    1. Troll.
    2. Troll.
    3. Troll.

That is all.
    Why are your green squares all still there? I sent you a 'negative reputation'.

ReputationRep:
    you elitist troll. I hope you do extort money from poor people one day so you can be sexually abused in jail by somebody working class who stole a car or something. It's not the actual sentiment of your question that offends me so much but rather the undertone of distaste for poor people.
    But if you get off on cunning most serial killers have it by the bucketload.
    I always find that non-violent 'blue collar' crimes have a robin hood sort of charm to them but I always find myself thinking that if people who commit insider trading and fraud pay the money back then they shouldn't be treated too harshly. But then i think of the conservative party and want to start a peasants revolt.

ReputationRep:
    the amount it detracts is based on your own rep. read the FAQS.

ReputationRep:
    Probably because your rep is worth diddily squat. Literally zero.

Also, pro-tip - don't say that you're not leaving your name, when I can see it anyway. There are some advantages to being a subscriber.

ReputationRep:
    White-collar criminals? Well every football league club has a chairman so marry one of them!

ReputationRep:
    If they've pulled off an ingenious art of a crime, then sure I respect them. However, they must still pay for their crimes.

ReputationRep:

I see crimes like stealing and robbery etc as very low-class, and the domain of the not-so intelligent, whereas I find it quite sexually attractive when a person can be so cunning and deceitful. When I'm older, I'd love to be one of those bent lawyers or accountants who becomes vastly wealthy from exploiting every loophole in the book to ensure my clients pay as little as possible into a system that supports dossers whose sprogs can then go on to claim EMA at college.

Do you agree?
    So you claim to find 54 year old middle management accountants who embezzle (or steal, whichever) a couple of million quid attractive sexually? Interesting.

Poll
Cats or dogs?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.