Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I know it's early to start thinking about the May/June exams but I don't know if I'll get any replies to this. I was wondering if anyone has any tips on how to revise throughly for exams? :confused: I'd like to get two A's and two B's but this is getting my hopes up. - I'm currently getting two B's, a C and a D but have made good progress as I started the subjects with E's and D's. I'm in my second term of AS level studying and study Eng.lit, History, Psychology and Single Health. Apparently I'm a visual and interpersonal learner if that helps.

I'm getting D's in History; we're studying History of England 1815-53 in one module and Autocracy to Communism: Russia 1894-1941. I love history, I did it in GCSE and got a C despite the B-grade target but I'd love to study it next year as we're doing Nazi Germany then.

Anyway, what it all boils down to is: anyone got any tips on how to study for all AS exams?

ReputationRep:
    If your serious about getting your grades up then planning and time tabling your revision hours will help a lot. It's very possible to get the grades you strive for but you will have to put in considerable effort. After increasing your revision hours, with a flexible time table try using your time more efficiently, don't waste time. In terms of the revision, you have to choose what suits you best. Try revision cards, mind maps, notes.. ext. Work with someone, teaching each other your stronger topics will make it a lot easier for both of you. Make sure you do a lot of past papers close to the exams and best of luck .

ReputationRep:
    Hi, one way in which i found it useful to revise for AS History, was to go through your notes and make almost a booklet/detailed timeline, like 1815-..........then put all info from 1815, 1816.... etc. This really helped me and got an A in the unification of germany and unification of italy paper.

ReputationRep:
    just dont do what i do leave it till the last min like start panicing now when i have the exam tommorow
    i seriously dont know how to revise i think you just gotta trial and error and see what suits you

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the tips! I'm very determined; I did pass all my GCSEs but only with dedicated hard work and I got 3 As, 2 Bs and 4 Cs. That's the only way I'm going to get good grades, isn't it? Hardwork? Oh and the balance between my social life and education. I don't want my head to blow up... Duh stupid me Thanks guys! Muchly appreciated Xx

ReputationRep:
    I usually use mindmaps to revise, summarise the whole chapter into one page so when u have an exam coming up you have 9 pages to revise (as an example) instead of 70. Once you learnt each chapter, practice papers, practice papers, practice papers.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.