Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Completely dicking on peoples lifts. Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bishamon)
    I am yet to see it, you really need to show me these people. I understand powerlifters post bigger numbers but that does not mean an experienced lifter would be a weakling.
    Usually it's at the point just pre-comp because they're basically starving themselves and become very weak, although looking large and ripped.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by YL_LDN)
    Yeah, 4 stone, it's not exactly extraordinary but take your biscuit if you really want to. Well done, funny how i'm at that rate of growth 6 months in and you're saying how i'm failing, ok, if i'm at the same rate of growth, i am indeed failing. V for victory , sack.
    you'll never become as big as me sadly, i can see that from your approach already. Besides any pics or lifts for me :o:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yodude888)
    Usually it's at the point just pre-comp because they're basically starving themselves and become very weak, although looking large and ripped.
    Exactly, so why should it be commented upon. It would be like you turning up to the gym with a cold and not at full strength and then having someone judge your performance because of it, you would deem it rather unfair would you not? Considering the representation is inaccurate.

ReputationRep:
    To me OP you sound like one of those douche bags that put most of my mates off from coming down the gym who are cardio nuts but don't want the bad rep of being ***** for doings lifts etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eccentric)
    To me OP you sound like one of those douche bags that put most of my mates off from coming down the gym who are cardio nuts but don't want the bad rep of being ***** for doings lifts etc.
    Dont flatter him, I find it highly likely his ****** physique (which he is clearly to pussy to show me) matches his fruitless labours. You will often find that "meatheads" wont be as idiotic as this fellow because, you know, you need an actual brain to make progress.

ReputationRep:
    What are you lifts op after training 6 months?

I've been doing it for around 4 months.

ReputationRep:
    Isn't the OP the same guy who thinks that noobs can't tell the difference between fat and muscle?

Edit: Yes, he is.

ReputationRep:
    Exactly, so why should it be commented upon. It would be like you turning up to the gym with a cold and not at full strength and then having someone judge your performance because of it, you would deem it rather unfair would you not? Considering the representation is inaccurate.

I wasn't judging, I said it felt weird seeing that. It seems counterintuitive to see a 'big' man looking feeble, so it is something you notice.

ReputationRep:
    You're the reason all the small guys hog the machines.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yodude888)
    I wasn't judging, I said it felt weird seeing that. It seems counterintuitive to see a 'big' man looking feeble, so it is something you notice.
    Perhaps, but then this is why I train at a bodybuilders/powerlifters gym, the air of judgement and criticism is actually far less than you have in your run of the mill leisure centre. Its rather ironic, but then again maybe the only people who actually see gains are those who focus on their own workouts.

ReputationRep:
    Perhaps, but then this is why I train at a bodybuilders/powerlifters gym, the air of judgement and criticism is actually far less than you have in your run of the mill leisure centre. Its rather ironic, but then again maybe the only people who actually see gains are those who focus on their own workouts.
    Probably because they see people doing bench and curls, imitate it (with a hip thrust worthy of a deadlift), then fail to see gains.

ReputationRep:
    Or when you beat some at arm wrestling...open a bottle for someone else

ReputationRep:
    Sometimes I do actually wonder how people I see in uni gym can weigh alot but lift virtually nothing compared to their weight. Like what is the weight they are carrying actually doing? Fat, water, and crappy untuned CNS resulting in weak ass muscles.

But I don't really care.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FluxD)
    Sometimes I do actually wonder how people I see in uni gym can weigh alot but lift virtually nothing compared to their weight. Like what is the weight they are carrying actually doing? Fat, water, and crappy untuned CNS resulting in weak ass muscles.

But I don't really care.
    Out of general interest, what are people's lifts like in your uni gym? Who frequents there? Lifters, rugby/american football players, or just general fitness peeps.

ReputationRep:
    Excuses, excuses, I jumped about four stone in my first two years of training and I didnt even touch a needle. Train harder, eat further, you sound to me like a loser who enjoys projecting failures onto others. Call it ad hominem but I have seen it too many times. The guy was bigger and older than you? What was his story? He could be recuperating from injury or maybe he just got back into training, why should you mock him? You still havent told me your lifts. If any of your lifts are less than 100kg then you're a total fag.
    I'm off to suck some **** then

ReputationRep:
    Drop your ego, OP. Go the gym, do your stuff and have a laugh and then get out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cowsforsale)
    What are you lifts op after training 6 months?

I've been doing it for around 4 months.

Im not OP, but ive been training about as long as him, and my lifts are:

Squat - 122.5 x 1
    Deadlift - 127.5 x 5 (going for 1rep max next week)
    Bench - 62.5 x 5 (crap i know)
    Press - 47.5 x 5

In kg btw
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Out of general interest, what are people's lifts like in your uni gym? Who frequents there? Lifters, rugby/american football players, or just general fitness peeps.
    I'm of the similar opinion of FluxD.

At my gym, it is generally the uni athletes, bench and curl warriors, and like one really big guy (who I've never seen actually lift weights, apart from doing some biceps curls whilst grunting loudly).

There are quite a few very built rugby guys who lift quite disappointing weights. Rarely see anyone squat to parallel, or over 100kg. Doesn't bother me. In fact, it's probably for the best as if people were squatting more than 100kg then the shortage of plates would really show.

ReputationRep:
    That's cool - honestly I wasn't meaning to judge at all though. I don't like it when people spend their time comparing their lifts/bodies/whatever to the others in the gym too. It was just a remark that it does feel odd when you see a guy who obviously looks like he can lift heavily, but is struggling with a lighter weight than he should be.

Which gym are you at BTW? Unfortunately in Switzerland there isn't really a bodybuilders/powerlifters scene at all comparable to in the UK or US so there aren't really any any gyms specific to high level lifters (apart from one which is 6 hours away from me.)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rlw31)
    Isn't the OP the same guy who thinks that noobs can't tell the difference between fat and muscle?

Edit: Yes, he is.
    LOOOOOOL AHAHAHAAAA!!!! Exposed!! Oh thank you for that!!
    To the muscle freaks: Dudes stop stressin about how many lifts you can do or whatever. No girl likes an OVERLY buff guy. They are freaky. Anyway... This thread is really very funny and the OP is getting put in his place, poor thing.
    OP: Stop being so bloody vain, so you lifted more than this guy...so what. Accept your VERY slight victory and stop being such a ****.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.