The Student Room Group

What sort of Universities or courses could I do?

I done my AS levels last year after I was pushed into it by parents/career advisors off the back of my GCSE results and that whole year kinda went tits up. I got 2 Cs, 1 E and a U. Over last summer I decided I wanted to do something to do with mental health, I dont know a lot about it but anyway I was pointed to Health and Social Care and I started college again because my A-levels were just messed up even though my results werent bad, it just wasnt a good healthy place for me to be. Im really enjoying this course and the work placement side to it and everything like that, but still dont know which career I want in Social care.

I know its early days yet but it seems like the college is pushing us to become nurses and I dont know if I want to actually do that or not, I just know that Im interested in mental health and the mind and things like that. Theres been a lot of talk about going to northumbria university to do nursing and that seems to be generally where everyone on my course is going, but I dunno... its on my doorstep, I wanna go elsewhere, and not even sure if I want to do nursing yet. Could I maybe get on a Psychology or Criminology degree at uni with a BTEC or is that a bit optimistic? I am predicted DMM but Im trying to push for DDD which will obvioulsy make me more desireable to unis but I dunno what the crack is with BTECs and degrees. Do you think it was maybe a bit stupid scrapping my A-levels even though they were kinda unrelated to mental health?

sorry if this is the wrong forum btw, I wasnt sure which one to post in
I agree in terms of where to put it, it's a tough one. I'm going to put it in medical/healthcare courses as I think this will be where the knowledge base will be to best answer your question.

Latest

Trending

Trending