Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    If there's already a thread on this I apologise.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...sh-values.html

Muslim police officers have warned that the Government's anti-terrorism strategy is an 'affront to British values' and encourages Islamophobia.

The National Association of Muslim Police (NAMP) told MPs that it was wrong to blame Islam for recent terrorist attacks and Muslim police officers have warned that the Government's anti-terrorism strategy is an 'affront to British values' and encourages Islamophobia.

The National Association of Muslim Police (NAMP) told MPs that it was wrong to blame Islam for recent terrorist attacks and warned that far-Right organisations were a greater threat to national security than Islam.
    What a bunch of complete idiots. I mean seriously, how are these fools even allowed to be police officers? Britain bans BNP members from being police officers but allows idiots like this who clearly have a chip on their shoulder to join. That last bit! Haha! :rofl: Yeah because a load of BNP members blew up trains and a bus in London. "Far-Right" maniacs drove a car of explosives into an airport. And it was the same far right extremists who planned to blow up a load of transatlantic planes and commit mass murder.

What a ******* joke.

ps. in before "omg daily Fail! look how smug I am" retards.

Just to add:
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukne...r-attacks.html

They indicated that Muslim officers may be reluctant to take part in “hearts and minds” anti-terrorism campaigns.
    So not only do they ignore the very clear fact that extremist Islam is a huge threat to Britain, but they don't want to take part in catching the ******* who are trying to blow innocent civilians up. Can anyone tell me how these people still have their jobs?

and just for kicks
    The Daily Telegraph disclosed last week that American intelligence agencies believed that Britain had the greatest number of Islamic extremists of any Western country.
    No no no! :rolleyes: it's the far-right who are the threat! :mmm:

ReputationRep:
    Do they seriously think that statements such as this will sound out positively across the public? It does their cause no good, they need to acknowledge the problem instead of being so defensive.

ReputationRep:
    Actually dissident republicans in NI pose more of a threat than Islamists, according to the head of PSNI and M15. Mainly because they already have the now how and the weapons (decommissioned my arse) and it’s much harder to keep taps on the entire Nationalist community than British Muslims.

ReputationRep:
    Pff, anything to an extreme tends to be a threat to a society.

ReputationRep:
    well hitler was a pretty big threat to world peace.....

ReputationRep:
    Both Islamic extremists and far right extremists are a threat.

Can't say I've ever really worried in my day to day life about being blown up by a jihad bent muslim but I have had worries about being racially abused.

ReputationRep:
    This is a ridiculous statement, but I will say one thing. The current rise in far right politics is likely to alienate more British Muslims and hence driving them to extremism.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gingergooner)
    This is a ridiculous statement, but I will say one thing. The current rise in far right politics is likely to alienate more British Muslims and hence driving them to extremism.
    The rise in Islamism amongst Muslims is alienating British people and driving them to extremism.

See what I did there? You're trying to imply that Muslims are the reactionaries here - when in fact they are the agents causing this change through elements of their "community" attempting to murder many British people.

Supporting political groupings that promise to protect you from murderers is a logical choice for British people when confronted by aspiring killers in the Muslim community and the antipathy and silent support of other Muslims towards such scum - as shown by the attitude of the "Muslim police".

The far-right also doesn't try to go around murdering people all the time. They might be a threat to "values" that the liberal tripartite in parliament pretend are universal - but to try and portray them as being equal threats is an insult to the hundreds that have died at the hands of Muslims and the thousands that will follow.

ReputationRep:
    It's not the muslims, it's the 'muslim exremists'. Basically they feel the muslim world is being done over by the 'west', so they want revenge. These vengeance attacks give the muslim community a bad name and tar them all with a bad brush.

Islam is directly linked to terrorism in England because it's very religion-motivated - the people who do it are either muslims or very dissillusioned followers who find a purpose in what they do through their own indoctrination into what they think they believe.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Barden)
    well hitler was a pretty big threat to world peace.....
    But far right parties like the BNP will never gain political power therefore the threat level is nowhere near the same. Whereas the threat from terrorists is.

ReputationRep:
    Both are pretty nasty on occasion, however i do think some people over-state 7/7 and domestic terrorism (which were horrific undoubtedly), when Britain has solicited in and committed atrocities that dwarf such events. I'd posit the US is the most likely source of danger, inducing undue resentment towards the west from much of the world and future agrivation of which tempts fate in regards to a nuclear war.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RyanT)
    The rise in Islamism amongst Muslims is alienating British people and driving them to extremism.
    Its a vicious circle, hardly helped by our invasions of Iraq (both Gulf Wars). I trust the British security forces a fair amount though, considering at a time when terrorist attacks could be at their height, nothing has happened and we have heard of a few attempts that have been thwarted in the media. I reckon there's more we don't know about that have been stopped.

ReputationRep:
    Sometimes I just feel sorry for Gordon Brown and his government.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stuart955)
    It's not the muslims, it's the 'muslim exremists'. Basically they feel the muslim world is being done over by the 'west', so they want revenge. These vengeance attacks give the muslim community a bad name and tar them all with a bad brush.

Islam is directly linked to terrorism in England because it's very religion-motivated - the people who do it are either muslims or very dissillusioned followers who find a purpose in what they do through their own indoctrination into what they think they believe.
    How are they extreme Muslims? They're following their Koran and they're hardly a small group. They're normal Muslims - just the ones that'll follow on through to the logical conclusion of their beliefs.

Just because it's a religion doesn't make it nice.

Islam is horrible and disgusting. That is why the Islamic world is surrounded by a ring of violence. Everywhere they come into contact with other cultures - there is terrorism and war. Everywhere from Europe to Africa to India to China to Russia. It isn't about them having an extreme idea of their religion - but rather the religion itself being extreme.

It is a collection of values of a tribe existing in a state of endemic warfare living in the 6th century. Religions are political. The politics of Islam is violence.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gingergooner)
    Its a vicious circle, hardly helped by our invasions of Iraq (both Gulf Wars). I trust the British security forces a fair amount though, considering at a time when terrorist attacks could be at their height, nothing has happened and we have heard of a few attempts that have been thwarted in the media. I reckon there's more we don't know about that have been stopped.
    There is a lot we don't know about - authorities are doing their damnest to try and portray Muslims in a positive light because if the full extent of these radical and "extremist" actions became known there would be a massive backlash with severe political consequences for all the major political parties and more important the ruling political philosophy of our age. Anyone with the sense to read the writing on the wall understands that the war on terror isn't something happening in Iraq. It's happening in London, Birmingham and all over the country.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hazza123)
    But far right parties like the BNP will never gain political power therefore the threat level is nowhere near the same. Whereas the threat from terrorists is.

really?

swap the world 'jew' for 'immigrant'.....and theres your scapegoat....

in fact the BNP have got it much easier than the nazis did really.....islamic terrorism has never made it easier for immigrant minorites to be scapegoated...

the only real difference is that we saw what happened last time

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RyanT)
    How are they extreme Muslims? They're following their Koran and they're hardly a small group. They're normal Muslims - just the ones that'll follow on through to the logical conclusion of their beliefs.

Just because it's a religion doesn't make it nice.

Islam is horrible and disgusting. That is why the Islamic world is surrounded by a ring of violence. Everywhere they come into contact with other cultures - there is terrorism and war. Everywhere from Europe to Africa to India to China to Russia. It isn't about them having an extreme idea of their religion - but rather the religion itself being extreme.

It is a collection of values of a tribe existing in a state of endemic warfare living in the 6th century. Religions are political. The politics of Islam is violence.
    No different to the Christian induced 1998 Alabama bombing of abortion clinics then to name one of a myriad, no need to single out Muslims.

ReputationRep:
    I don't think that Islam is a threat to our national security, I think that morons who want to use Islam as an excuse to attack our country is. The same people would be kicking up a fuss even if the religion was abolished, they'd simply be justifying by some other means. I hate the way in which the religion is continuously singled out as being somehow intrinsically extremist, in comparison to any other religion, in the media these days.

On a side note I don't see why there needs to be an association for Muslim police officers anyway?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jeremy_Whiskers)
    No different to the Christian induced 1998 Alabama bombing of abortion clinics then to name one of a myriad, no need to single out Muslims.
    We're talking about Muslims - read the thread title. You'd find I have similar things to say about Christians - but on a much smaller scale. Why does everyone feel a need to compare Muslims to so and so to justify murder? "Muslims aren't that bad - look at how bad the Nazis were". Its not a positive contribution to a debate and is rather meaningless.

There are ideas out there that has killed millions. Islam in its contemporary form is one of them. To compare it to the right-wing of British politics is absurd.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Barden)
    really?

swap the world 'jew' for 'immigrant'.....and theres your scapegoat....

in fact the BNP have got it much easier than the nazis did really.....islamic terrorism has never made it easier for immigrant minorites to be scapegoated...

the only real difference is that we saw what happened last time
    Not really, seeing as Britian is not in the state Germany was in when Hitler came to power I should think Nick Griffin would find it very hard to become leader. And there is a difference between campaigning and preaching and then murdering innocent people...

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.