Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jeremy_Whiskers)
    No different to the Christian induced 1998 Alabama bombing of abortion clinics then to name one of a myriad, no need to single out Muslims.
    here's a nice list:
    http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/index.html#Attacks

It shows the number of Islamic terror attacks in the last 2 months. You can see previous time-period's lists in the links below it.

Are you seriously trying to say the number by Christians is anywhere as long? SERIOUSLY :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RyanT)
    There is a lot we don't know about - authorities are doing their damnest to try and portray Muslims in a positive light because if the full extent of these radical and "extremist" actions became known there would be a massive backlash with severe political consequences for all the major political parties and more important the ruling political philosophy of our age.
    If there was a far right government in power extremism would probably get far worse in my opinion. Also, we did pretty much ransack Iraq twice and the US were actually selling arms to middle eastern countries for quite some time strangely. I'm not in anyway trying to condone terrorism, but its not as clear cut as the west are the good guys and the middle east are the bad guys. At the moment though, I feel safe from the threat of terrorism.

In fact I'm more scared of the rise of the far right, I think racist violence and discrimination of any kind from all ends would increase because it wouldn't be cracked down on. People would be allowed to employ someone based on race and religious freedom would be much more restricted. For this, I think many areas of the UK would become a much more dangerous place to live for anyone.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RyanT)
    There are ideas out there that has killed millions. Islam in its contemporary form is one of them. To compare it to the right-wing of British politics is absurd.
    The US aggressive foreign policy is sold over there as being religious, a crusade almost, via Fox News etc. As a result how many have died? Religions are political, in the sense that they will always be manipulated from within for ulterior motives e.g. by islamic extremists.

You need to differentiate the far right from the right wing of British politics. British fascism originated from Oswald Mosley, who admired Hitler and his ideas, and the contemporary form of British fascism is the BNP. If you are afraid of Islam, then its ironic that you think the BNP are less dangerous, because they share a lot with islamic fundamentalism e.g. homophobia, corporal punishment etc

ReputationRep:
    The general approach to the war on terror is the biggest threat, Labour is doing the right thing working through the moderate Islamic organisations trying to deradicalise the youth, although I've heard the budget has been cut for this according to little Miss Kinnock.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jeremy_Whiskers)
    Both are pretty nasty on occasion, however i do think some people over-state 7/7 and domestic terrorism (which were horrific undoubtedly), when Britain has solicited in and committed atrocities that dwarf such events. I'd posit the US is the most likely source of danger, inducing undue resentment towards the west from much of the world and future agrivation of which tempts fate in regards to a nuclear war.
    true true

7/7, simply put is nothing compared to what Britain has done in the past, a drop in an ocean of blood.

nevertheless xenophobia, xenophobia, xenophobia.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sabertooth)
    Yeah because a load of BNP members blew up trains and a bus in London. "Far-Right" maniacs drove a car of explosives into an airport. And it was the same far right extremists who planned to blow up a load of transatlantic planes and commit mass murder.
    Terence Gavan.

but they don't want to take part in catching the ******* who are trying to blow innocent civilians up.
    They're not saying this at all, try reading it properly. They believe that the particular tactics that the government is employing is making the problem worse. But I'm sure that's not sensational enough for you. Unless you mean
    They indicated that Muslim officers may be reluctant to take part in “hearts and minds” anti-terrorism campaigns.
    Hardly a strong statement of intent is it..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RyanT)
    an insult to the hundreds that have died at the hands of Muslims and the thousands that will follow.
    :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vroom9)
    The US aggressive foreign policy is sold over there as being religious, a crusade almost, via Fox News etc. As a result how many have died? Religions are political, in the sense that they will always be manipulated from within for ulterior motives e.g. by islamic extremists.

You need to differentiate the far right from the right wing of British politics. British fascism originated from Oswald Mosley, who admired Hitler and his ideas, and the contemporary form of British fascism is the BNP. If you are afraid of Islam, then its ironic that you think the BNP are less dangerous, because they share a lot with islamic fundamentalism e.g. homophobia, corporal punishment etc
    I think you need to learn to differentiate between justifying actions and the threats those actions create. Islam is a much bigger threat then the far-right - any justifications for it are entirely irrelevant. I don't see it as acceptable for British foreign policy to be changed because immigrants may conspire to murder British people. That you are so passe about such a situation is sickening. There are people in our country who will murder British people because they have a foreign identity (hence murdering Brits) combined with a set of ethics derived from a corrupt source of authority (Islam and from their Imam). For you to say, essentially, British people deserve it - is utterly shocking.

If Muslims will murder British people because of our foreign policy then the solution is simple - no Muslims in Britain.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MSB)
    :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
    From 9/11
    Death(s) 2,973 victims and 19 hijackers

Still funny now is it?

WARNING: Potentially disturbing image
    Spoiler:
    Show

Still tickling your funny bones?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RyanT)
    We're talking about Muslims - read the thread title. You'd find I have similar things to say about Christians - but on a much smaller scale. Why does everyone feel a need to compare Muslims to so and so to justify murder? "Muslims aren't that bad - look at how bad the Nazis were". Its not a positive contribution to a debate and is rather meaningless.

There are ideas out there that has killed millions. Islam in its contemporary form is one of them. To compare it to the right-wing of British politics is absurd.
    It's called universal moral reciprocacy, it should be applied as such. I just mentioned it because i felt it gave context, and people often don't apply such arguments to other applicable religions or institutions, and single out muslims. Largely because the latter is the current populist hate figure, of which there always is one.

I'm sorry if digressing from point slightly on a forum embitters you, i'll keep this in mind in future posts.

here's a nice list:
    http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/index.html#Attacks

It shows the number of Islamic terror attacks in the last 2 months. You can see previous time-period's lists in the links below it.

Are you seriously trying to say the number by Christians is anywhere as long? SERIOUSLY :rofl:
    Uhm, ignoring the fact that list has no sources, how does it know the motives for such acts? Does it have a magic wand which extracts tacit knowledge from the belligerants? Also if you didn't notice, the majority of those are in war zones, which isn't really applicable, or equal to such a discussion. Otherwise we could bring in the 600,000 dead from the Iraq War?

I didn't posit it was 'worse', don't twist my words, but so what, the scale of attacks make them negligible?

I mean if you want to play that game, i throw around figures of millions of which the US, or say, Britain has murdered?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Barden)
    well hitler was a pretty big threat to world peace.....
    Newsflash:

He died 65 years ago.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RyanT)
    From 9/11
    Death(s) 2,973 victims and 19 hijackers

Still funny now is it?
    Yes, I'm laughing at the victims of 9/11, not you. Exactly right, Enoch.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Seanisonfire)
    Terence Gavan.

They're not saying this at all, try reading it properly. They believe that the particular tactics that the government is employing is making the problem worse. But I'm sure that's not sensational enough for you.
    Nice. 1 bloke. Factor in Copeland as well and we've got two. Doesn't quite compare does it? :rolleyes: (bare in mind Terence Gavan didn't actually attempt to blow anyone up the ****ers I linked to did try and some succeeded). But you know, just keep defending terrorists.

Fact remains they're not happy with it, they're "reluctant" to take part. Why hire reluctant people when there's a perfectly good pool of people who will do it but no we're going to infringe on their right to political freedom instead because this is Britain

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MSB)
    Yes, I'm laughing at the victims of 9/11, not you. Exactly right, Enoch.
    You're laughing at me for saying thousands will end up dead at the hands of terrorists - when I just linked to over 2,000 people dying in one terrorist attack alone ?

Okay. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RyanT)
    You're laughing at me for saying thousands will end up dead at the hands of terrorists - when I just linked to over 2,000 people dying in one terrorist attack alone ?

Okay. :rolleyes:
    I'm laughing at your ignorant, woolly-headed, paranoid, worthless, reactionary, putrid, demagogic, absurd, conspiracy-theorist, armchair intellectual, narrow pub moralist, gutter rhetoric. I don't think that mass murder is very funny, but I think that racism is hilarious.

ReputationRep:
    As much as i hate the BNP, i would much rather have them in power than some Islamic religious nutcases.

ReputationRep:
    Nice. 1 bloke. Factor in Copeland as well and we've got two. Doesn't quite compare does it? :rolleyes: (bare in mind Terence Gavan didn't actually attempt to blow anyone up the ****ers I linked to did try and some succeeded). But you know, just keep defending terrorists.

Fact remains they're not happy with it, they're "reluctant" to take part. Why hire reluctant people when there's a perfectly good pool of people who will do it but no we're going to infringe on their right to political freedom instead because this is Britain
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/politics/2...ncil-elections Ah just one man you see, the rest of the far right are daisy picking soft boys who just feel hard done by.

just keep defending terrorists
    I was defending the Muslim Police Association and arguing against sensationalist ********. Unless you're saying that by defending the Muslim Police Association and arguing against the idea that all Muslims are on the verge of blowing us up is by proxy defending terrorists.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MSB)
    I'm laughing at your ignorant, woolly-headed, paranoid, worthless, reactionary, putrid, demagogic, absurd, conspiracy-theorist, armchair intellectual, narrow pub moralist, gutter rhetoric. I don't think that mass murder is very funny, but I think that racism is hilarious.
    Islam isn't a race. I think you just failed in your pseudo-intellectual attempt to look smart there. It's not racist to oppose Islam. Religions are political. I oppose a political and moral system that justifies murder.

I find it hilarious you've brought into this idea that religions are special and it's racist to oppose them - when any deconstruction of a religion will essentially leave you with a grouping of political ideas. Perhaps one day you'll see the light, but I don't have my hopes up. You're too desperate to please everyone else and fit in wearing a coat of conventional morality from the media. Just wrap up tight MSB - as more British people are murdered by Muslims, it's going to get very chilly for your funny bones.

ReputationRep:
    This is absolutely disgraceful how police officers can say this.
    Islam is a huge threat.

However, this chat has descended into Nazi and Hitler comparisons, so I enact Godwins law - Convo over

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Seanisonfire)
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/politics/2...ncil-elections Ah just one man you see, the rest of the far right are daisy picking soft boys who just feel hard done by.

I was defending the Muslim Police Association and arguing against sensationalist ********. Unless you're saying that by defending the Muslim Police Association and arguing against the idea that all Muslims are on the verge of blowing us up is by proxy defending terrorists.
    Holy ****! are you actually trying to compare hate crimes (name calling, stone throwing **** like that) to strapping a bomb to yourself and blowing up a train or plane and as many innocent civilians as possible? Seriously? Wtf are you smoking? Can I have some?

Yeah you could put words in my mouth it would certainly make arguing easier for you. Or you could actually read what I wrote which is why the **** are these ****ers still in the job? They're reluctant to act against their own "kind" despite them being terrorists wanting to kill innocent people all the while Britain bans BNP members from being cops because they might discriminate against people. Well **** that. How about you actually punish discrimination when it happens not pre-emptively and how about idiots who won't do their job and stick their heads in the sand about the real dangers to Britain get shown the door.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.