Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by arab)
    they're right islam isn't responsibe for terrorism, there's messed up people in every race and religion. hitler, stalin, IRA, gavrilo princip etc. are all arguably terrorists none of whom where muslims.
    plus they didn't say that muslim terrorists are not a threat they said that far right extremists may be a larger threat. which they may well be a terrorist attack is quite rare (better if they didn't exist at all but they do) whereas a far-right idiot walks the streets everyday and is drunk most days they could cause more deaths and injuries over the years than a terrorist, not to mention lack of social cohesion, tension, lack of productivity at work etc
    Mainstream Islam isn't about blowing **** up you're right but you can't ignore the fact that 97% (I think that was the figure telegraph printed) of terrorists being held are Muslims.

What the Muslim police association said was that the Government's anti-terrorism strategy is an 'affront to British values' and encourages Islamophobia. I'm sorry but it's clear terrorists are mostly Muslim so how the **** is targeting mainly Muslims in an anti-terrorism strategy wrong? Unless you're one of them wackos who thinks we should target everyone equally because you know the 80 year old grandmother is clearly the same threat as the 21 year old Muslim student. When the IRA was at it's peak anyone with an Irish accent was given extra attention. I'm not saying ALL Muslims are terrorists but when so many terrorists are Muslims it's just common sense to acknowledge that fact.

You say "far-right idiots" walk the street every day, well guess what, so do Muslim terrorists: "The Daily Telegraph disclosed last week that American intelligence agencies believed that Britain had the greatest number of Islamic extremists of any Western country". Let's not forget that the 7/7 bombers were British. How many people have "far-right idiots" murdered in the last ten years and how many have Muslim terrorists murdered? There has been over 200 convictions of terrorists in the last 8 years. No doubt most of these ****ers will have been plotting to kill as many innocent civilians as possible. Look at those guys I mentioned in my OP who wanted to blow up transatlantic flights - potentially murdering hundreds of innocent people. The far-right has absolutely nothing on that scale. How many have "far-right" people killed exactly? I'm not ethnically British but I sure as hell would preferred to be called a "racist" slur than blown to bits.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 4G_dollars)
    Firstly, Islam is a religion and not a political group. Secondly how is the religion, Islam a threat? Finally, have you heard or read in the newspaper article, BNP supporters and members attempting to blow up areas, to cause segregation? Or does that miss you completely/
    Oh yeah I forgot that religion gets a special place in society. Funnily enough the Geneva Convention calls for the same rights of freedom of religion and political opinions. So why exactly are the British police force trampling on BNP members' rights? Innocent until proven guilty isn't it? Not if you're a BNP member and wish to join the police. I also note no one has managed to answer me why exactly these people still have their jobs when they're not willing to do them 100%. Which is especially important in something as important as the police force.

I'd like to see a link to a story of "BNP supporters and members attempting to blow up areas".

ps. having explosives is not indicative of intent to blow up areas.
    pps. you used plural so I want more than Copeland.
    ppss. You're going to be hard pushed to find over 200 cases in the last 8 years but we shall see.

ReputationRep:
    The press need to stop being so dumb now with their terminology -

The threat are the people who are not practicing Islam, the ones who think they are doing the right thing but are actually going against Islam.

The threat itself isn't Islam lol For those who have looked into the religion properly, not take things out of it's historical context, and not take fabricated narrations. Man, that's how the media is trying to fool people from Islam.

Hence why people, being intrigued, look up on Islam, and look...Islam is the fastest growing religion in the West, among CONVERTS. Media are deceiving.

ReputationRep:
    To be fair, the Islamic extremists are "the far right" of their own civilisation, as they surely have the same authoritarian ideologies as the BNP do but in reverse...

ReputationRep:
    Islamic Extremism = not Islam. But just the religion called Extremism.
    They are not following that God of Islam when they act like total terrorist extremist testosterone raging GOONS.

Islam gives the world peace.
    Extremism gives FoxNews or CNN or BBC something to get an orgasm over, just so they can make people believe it's Islam and not the seperate religion called extremism.

ReputationRep:
    All extremes are threats to democracy. It is foolish to focus on one over the other - we should be cracking down on both the neo-nazis and racists, as well as the Islamofascists.

ReputationRep:
    I want to be an extremist, and im a muslim, but i want to be extremely kind, extremely patient, extremely trustworthy.
    The media decieve there own people thats a shame, try learn about islam before you talk about it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by agolati)
    Islamic Extremism = not Islam. But just the religion called Extremism.
    They are not following that God of Islam when they act like total terrorist extremist testosterone raging GOONS.

Islam gives the world peace.
    Extremism gives FoxNews or CNN or BBC something to get an orgasm over, just so they can make people believe it's Islam and not the seperate religion called extremism.
    Sorry but if Islam is meant to be a religion of peace, it hasn't exactly done well... The areas where Islam is prominant are some of the most unstable places in the world.

(Original post by Rizwani)
    I want to be an extremist, and im a muslim, but i want to be extremely kind, extremely patient, extremely trustworthy.
    The media decieve there own people thats a shame, try learn about islam before you talk about it
    What Islam is in theory is different to what it is in practise. In practise, it can be particularly vile.

ReputationRep:
    What Islam is in theory is different to what it is in practise. In practise, it can be particularly vile.[/QUOTE]

Yet you still dont know what Islam is, you read of the media, and theyve accomplished there aim. Learn about Islam through the proper ways before commenting on it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sabertooth)
    Oh yeah I forgot that religion gets a special place in society. Funnily enough the Geneva Convention calls for the same rights of freedom of religion and political opinions. So why exactly are the British police force trampling on BNP members' rights? Innocent until proven guilty isn't it? Not if you're a BNP member and wish to join the police. I also note no one has managed to answer me why exactly these people still have their jobs when they're not willing to do them 100%. Which is especially important in something as important as the police force.

I'd like to see a link to a story of "BNP supporters and members attempting to blow up areas".

ps. having explosives is not indicative of intent to blow up areas.
    pps. you used plural so I want more than Copeland.
    ppss. You're going to be hard pushed to find over 200 cases in the last 8 years but we shall see.
    I think I did say, that Islam is a religion. BNP is a political organisation. I have never known the BNP to be a religion...
    Now, that is up to the home secretary. I feel the reason being for such stance, is maybe because the BNP, and it is widely known as a racist party. Members of those parties have shared such views. If your police officer who supports the BNP, how exactly are you going to help a victim of crime who happens to be black?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukne...k-muslims.html

He may have not used explosives. Why did he have them in his house? If that is not intention, than what is...
    He knew how to use such things aged six. Was he going to sell them to seals? It is quite clear, he hated non-whites with such passion...he wanted to kill them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 4G_dollars)
    I think I did say, that Islam is a religion. BNP is a political organisation. I have never known the BNP to be a religion...
    Now, that is up to the home secretary. I feel the reason being for such stance, is maybe because the BNP, and it is widely known as a racist party. Members of those parties have shared such views. If your police officer who supports the BNP, how exactly are you going to help a victim of crime who happens to be black?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukne...k-muslims.html

He may have not used explosives. Why did he have them in his house? If that is not intention, than what is...
    He knew how to use such things aged six. Was he going to sell them to seals? It is quite clear, he hated non-whites with such passion...he wanted to kill them.
    "The haul also included a samurai sword, a crossbow and a stun gun" what who in there right mind sold a guy a samurai sword? while i understand and agree with your point, you have done exactly the same as the people you are argueeing against. You have put all BNP members under the same banner. While i belive that many are crazy, you must consider some people that are more moderate

"He was discharged from the Army when he was jailed for six months in 1993 after he produced a firearm in a "threatening manner" during an argument in a pub." was he stationed in the middle east during his time in the army, because many WW2 vetrains claimed that all germans were working for satan

ReputationRep:
    Just what we need, another preachy American.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sabertooth)
    you can't ignore the fact that 97% (I think that was the figure telegraph printed) of terrorists being held are Muslims.

I'm sorry but it's clear terrorists are mostly Muslim so how the **** is targeting mainly Muslims in an anti-terrorism strategy wrong? Unless you're one of them wackos who thinks we should target everyone equally because you know the 80 year old grandmother is clearly the same threat as the 21 year old Muslim student. so many terrorists are Muslims it's just common sense to acknowledge that fact.

You say "far-right idiots" walk the street every day, well guess what, so do Muslim terrorists: "The Daily Telegraph disclosed last week that American intelligence agencies believed that Britain had the greatest number of Islamic extremists of any Western country". Let's not forget that the 7/7 bombers were British. How many people have "far-right idiots" murdered in the last ten years and how many have Muslim terrorists murdered? There has been over 200 convictions of terrorists in the last 8 years.
    right lets take this slowly. 97% terrorists held are muslim and the yanks think the UK is crawling with muslim terrorists is what you say, well my man most "terrorists" in guantanamo, afghanistan, iraq, israel, other parts of the middle-east e.g. egypt, russia etc have not had a trial and many of them especially in the 3rd world countries were either in the wrong place at the wrong time or they were framed for other reasons. so i don't believe for a second that the percentage is as high 97%. as for US intelligence, well i dont belive a word of what they say there system doesn't work it gets the wrong people arrested and the idiots that should've been shot a mile away like that christmas bomber guy mange to get through so dont quote use intelligence again and i think we should be more worried that they're possibly infiltrating UK databases more than anything else.

i don't think targeting 80yr olds is a good idea but i think that instead of targeting muslim students you should talk to us, win us over, listen to us. we get it more than anyone else, terrorists wouldn't mind killing us and everybody else wouldn't mind strip searching us so how about we work together to solve the problem.

7/7 was carried out by 4 guys 2 of them were teenagers, 3 of them were under 25, half of them never went to uni, they lived in **** areas and they look dumb. they're not the target the target should be the sick idiots who brainwashes these kids the target should be **** housing and unemployment. in west we have the wrong end of the stick instead patronizing muslims and pushing us around make it so that only the seriously mentally retarded are radaclised and so that their own community sorts them out and phones the police. the far right on the other hand are just as bad because they're arguably one of the reasons why people are radaclised. capice?

ReputationRep:
    The worst being far-right Islam-ists!
    The religion is pretty peaceful, but when the followers are far-right, we get groups like the Taliban and Al Qaeda.

ReputationRep:
    the NAMP are right the far right are a bigger threat.
    The far right islamists I guess they mean.

ReputationRep:
    my freind, dont associate my islam, my religion with these cowards.

ReputationRep:
    Islam is not a threat, Western expediency is.

ReputationRep:
    And that God fella in the Bible, he wasn't exactly the peace loving figure everyone seems to think

Extreme Islam is a problem
    I do think we'd be worse off if we had a far-right government

But my Grandad's a muslim, his kill count is zero
    He's not evil
    Religions and different philosophies need to learn to coexist

All they seem to do is preach hate andd try to convert everyone else
    It's like a spiritual army with seemingly false beliefs

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Prussianking666)
    I agree with the police officers, the far right are a more present threat than Islam, (in fact Islam isn't a threat at all Islamist extremists are a threat.)

The far right have won seats to the EU parliament (islamic extremists have not), the far right are at risk of entering mainstream politics (Islamic extremists are not), the far right have been legitmised in this country and have appeared on national TV (Islamic extremists do not), the far right has tens of thousands of members in is country (Islamic extremists often (but not always) come from over seas).

Its clear the far right are a real threat to this country far more than a few extremists in rural pakistan are. For people tocomplain Islam is a threat is naive and stupid, they claim it spreads its religon through holy wars (which might have been true in the 16th century) but every other relgion at some point has spread its religon through violence at the hands of a few nut jobs.
    Er...Islam4UK leader was on Newsnight last week and Abu Hamza has had a lot of air time on the news. I would say they were Islam Extremists!

And 10,000 members of the BNP (if that) out of 62 million is 0.0162% of the general population.

It has been proven by the recent attacks that islamic extremists have been home grown as it were. Both the 7/7 attacks and the Glasgow attacks. The planned bombing of airliners was also by a foreign student, but studying and indoctrinated in Britain. So, in this country for sure, home grown Islamic Extremism is a problem. So with two terrorist attacks and another one thwarted in the past 5 years, I would say that Islamic Extremism is a clear and present danger.

The far right are around and they are a threat, but as big as islamic extremism? I think not...

If I was living in Ireland though, I would be more worried about the IRA, but I don't, I live in England and the BNP is gaining seats but it still only has like 3 out of all the seats in the commons. They are a tiny party, made bigger by a sensationalist media. Although the same could be said about Islamic Extremism so meh.

I think both are a threat, but to try and say the far right is more of a threat than islamic extremism which has a proven track record in this country of killing innocent people? Please.

Graham

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gbduo)
    Er...Islam4UK leader was on Newsnight last week and Abu Hamza has had a lot of air time on the news. I would say they were Islam Extremists!

And 10,000 members of the BNP (if that) out of 62 million is 0.0162% of the general population.

It has been proven by the recent attacks that islamic extremists have been home grown as it were. Both the 7/7 attacks and the Glasgow attacks. The planned bombing of airliners was also by a foreign student, but studying and indoctrinated in Britain. So, in this country for sure, home grown Islamic Extremism is a problem. So with two terrorist attacks and another one thwarted in the past 5 years, I would say that Islamic Extremism is a clear and present danger.

The far right are around and they are a threat, but as big as islamic extremism? I think not...

If I was living in Ireland though, I would be more worried about the IRA, but I don't, I live in England and the BNP is gaining seats but it still only has like 3 out of all the seats in the commons. They are a tiny party, made bigger by a sensationalist media. Although the same could be said about Islamic Extremism so meh.

I think both are a threat, but to try and say the far right is more of a threat than islamic extremism which has a proven track record in this country of killing innocent people? Please.

Graham
    Yeah I see your point now. The problem seems to be that the government has failed to deal with both of these problems. I do wonder if they are fueling each other?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.