Turn on thread page Beta

Didn't do exam today due to illness....but... watch

ReputationRep:
    I didn't ring my doctor in time for an appointment to see him today. Is it too late to see him tomorrow about this? I need him to write a certificate for me.

I mean how the hell do I prove my illness now?

I'm hating this year already.
    I can't give up now I'm doing so well in everything for once.

Can someone put my mind at rest

ReputationRep:
    Why didn't you make an appointment for later when you presumably rang to check to see if he had one?

I don't know tbh, the only thing you can do now is get an appointment.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kreuzuerk)
    Why didn't you make an appointment for later when you presumably rang to check to see if he had one?

I don't know tbh, the only thing you can do now is get an appointment.
    If you're are too late to make an appointment then they make an appointment for like a months time or something. So I will be ringing early tomorrow morning.

I just thought if you don't get the appointment the same day as the missed exam then you're screwed basically

ReputationRep:
    you will probz have to pay to do it in the summer as you didnt get the doctors note in time go and see the doctor as soon as you can tho

ReputationRep:
    Procrastination for the Nation.

ReputationRep:
    you really should have gone to your doctors as an emergency if it was really so bad that you missed an exam....

ReputationRep:
    Awwww don't worry about it (: Hopefully you get the doctors note, explain your case and you'll be finee, i'm pretty certain thats happened before!
    Or even if that fails, it's only a minuuuttee set back, just do the exams in the summer, it wont make a difference and it will be all forgotten about in the long run.
    But i'm pretty sure you'll be finee anyway!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Absinth)
    The best you can do is try to get a written note from the doctor. Some doctors don't write medical certificates post-illness. What was your illness?
    Migraine...at least I think it was. Never had it so bad, I could barely open my eyes ore concentrate on anything let alone driving all the way to uni for that exam. I actualy thought that if I blew my nose, then blood would shoot out it was that bad.

I remeber you from my last thread....I'm pathetic right? I was going to do this exam, I had been revising the best I could :sigh:

ReputationRep:
    Im with Cloudengel, if you were that ill it would have been an emergency appointment, they always fit them in that day...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Peachesishere)
    Awwww don't worry about it (: Hopefully you get the doctors note, explain your case and you'll be finee, i'm pretty certain thats happened before!
    Or even if that fails, it's only a minuuuttee set back, just do the exams in the summer, it wont make a difference and it will be all forgotten about in the long run.
    But i'm pretty sure you'll be finee anyway!
    Oh God I need more positive people like you in my life! I hope you're right. But here resits are in april for missed exams...not sure why.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sadiechantel)
    Im with Cloudengel, if you were that ill it would have been an emergency appointment, they always fit them in that day...
    It was a migraine that just wouldn't go. I tried pills and sleeping it off but nothing. You're probably right I should have called the minute I knew I couldn't do the exam, but I just wanted to stay in bed....God that sounds lazy doesn't it!?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DaniLou17)
    you will probz have to pay to do it in the summer as you didnt get the doctors note in time go and see the doctor as soon as you can tho
    I'll pay anything to have a chance at doing that exam...

ReputationRep:
    most schools insist you sit a missed january module in june anyway. They only award you your predicted grade for a missed exam if it's your last chance to sit it and i'm pretty sure you need either a doctors note or proof that you visited a hospital. Did you phone your exams officer?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Procrastinator)
    It was a migraine that just wouldn't go. I tried pills and sleeping it off but nothing. You're probably right I should have called the minute I knew I couldn't do the exam, but I just wanted to stay in bed....God that sounds lazy doesn't it!?
    you dont sound lazy, you seem ill :P
    Maybe contact your school and see what you can do.. chances are retakes will be offered to you

ReputationRep:
    The only thing you can do now is going to the doctor's tomorrow, and ask them what you should do. If you genuinely had a migraine and couldn't get into uni, then you'll just sit it in the retake period. It's not the end of the world, and it happens to people every year.

I don't see why the doctor wouldn't write you a note, tbh, it's not like a migraine is A&E worthy but it does leave you pretty incapacitated.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sadiechantel)
    you dont sound lazy, you seem ill :P
    Maybe contact your school and see what you can do.. chances are retakes will be offered to you
    Hehe well that's because I am1 I'm far from lazy.....actualy that;s probably why I'm ill, balancing a job and uni...not good.

I hope they do offer me a retake and that I don't have to beg them for it....or even worse cry a little...I hate crying with a passion!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Absinth)
    Explain this to your doctor. If you were bed-bound during your illness, it's understandable if you didn't make an appointment right away. Hopefully things will turn out well for you. My friends have missed uni exams and re-done them with a doctor's note (genuinely, of course).
    I was bed bound when that happend...I was literally writhing around in pain and could not get comfy, even writing that makes me feel like im exaggerating but I really am not. I will try tomorrow at the docs...I've been so miserable today thinking it's all over again. I feel like going back to college and doing some a levels instead as I've never done those. Thanks for making me feel a little bit more positive about the situation

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.