Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Car crash in November 2009 watch

ReputationRep:
    I spun my Vectra after swerving to miss a sheep in November 2009. I hit my head and had whiplash in the right side of my neck i think. However i didn't get my neck looked at as i didn't think it was that serious and it went away within a few days.

It is now January and when i use a PC or PS3 after about 20 minutes the left side of neck becomes stiff and painful. When it's cold i also get pain in my neck.

Should i go to the doctors/hospital to get it looked at or just leave it and let sort it's self out?

ReputationRep:
    You need to get it checked by a doctor.

ReputationRep:
    go to the doctor just ti make sure

ReputationRep:
    I've read stories of people breaking their neck and not noticing it for years until they go to the doctor complaining of a sore neck. So it would be best to get it checked out.

(Original post by dantheman09)
    I spun my Vectra after swerving to miss a sheep in November 2009. I hit my head and had whiplash in the right side of my neck i think. However i didn't get my neck looked at as i didn't think it was that serious and it went away within a few days.

It is now January and when i use a PC or PS3 after about 20 minutes the left side of neck becomes stiff and painful. When it's cold i also get pain in my neck.

Should i go to the doctors/hospital to get it looked at or just leave it and let sort it's self out?
    you most likely need some physiotherapy to the neck. Very common with these sort fo injuries.

The trick is to remember that a car crash is about as UN-natural as you can get. The forces your body is subjected to are completely abnormal and so your body is ill equiped to deal with them.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 22, 2010
Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.