Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

First holiday with friends Watch

ReputationRep:
    ok im 17 now and me and a large-ish group of friends are looking to go abroad on holiday sometime next summer (summer 2011 after A2s).

there are 17 of us (6 guys 11 girls) and we all have like different interests and stuff. but mainly we want to go clubbing, chill and sleep.

since we're all students, we dont really have loads of money.

any suggestions about where we would enjoy ourselves at a reasonable student prices for 10 days (preferably halfboard or all inclusive hotels)?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Devp93)
    ok im 17 now and me and a large-ish group of friends are looking to go abroad on holiday sometime next summer (summer 2011 after A2s).

there are 17 of us (6 guys 11 girls) and we all have like different interests and stuff. but mainly we want to go clubbing, chill and sleep.

since we're all students, we dont really have loads of money.

any suggestions about where we would enjoy ourselves at a reasonable student prices for 10 days (preferably halfboard or all inclusive hotels)?
    In the middle of a town (or reasonably close so you dont need taxis everywhere) with clubbing and young ppl places for 10 days at halfboard or all inclusive? At peak season? Thats about £500-£600 each unless you rent somewhere and then its not hb/ai and not near the action.

ReputationRep:
    Ibiza is the place m8, I got wrecked there, had way too much booze, and a few ecstasy pills (NEVER take them)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jennie1987)
    In the middle of a town (or reasonably close so you dont need taxis everywhere) with clubbing and young ppl places for 10 days at halfboard or all inclusive? At peak season? Thats about £500-£600 each unless you rent somewhere and then its not hb/ai and not near the action.
    klkl thats sounds good. know anywhere in particular? looking to go kinda close to a beach too

Miami is Ibiza x 1000.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RamocitoMorales)
    Miami is Ibiza x 1000.
    To Miami with a good hotel would be in the £1000s

ReputationRep:
    klkl thats sounds good. know anywhere in particular? looking to go kinda close to a beach too
    Albufeira, Portugal? Magaluf, Majorca?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jennie1987)
    Albufeira, Portugal? Magaluf, Majorca?
    lol they came up as suggestions between us

somehow a lot of the girls wanna go to bulgaria :|

one of them went and had a good time and now loads wanna go. most of the guys say somewhere in spain/portugal/greece

ReputationRep:
    lol they came up as suggestions between us

one of them went and had a good time and now loads wanna go. most of the guys say somewhere in spain/portugal/greece
    Bulgaria's weather is more fickle, and imo not as nice (incl. food/beaches/needs more development but still wouldnt be as sunny), Greece is harder to be close to a good town and a lot of the big ones arent as good as say spain/portugal and some have bad reps for crime with girls in cabs.

ReputationRep:
    Magaluf is a good shout. Very cheap when you're there.
    I know people who have been to Bulgaria and loved it. Again its very cheap because its not part of the Euro. Nice beach. Good weather etc.
    I went to Tenerife for my first girls holiday and loved it there - the nightlife isn't excessive (as in Ibiza standards) but its still great...abit more expensive though.
    Never been to Greek resorts but Kavos (Corfu) Malia (Crete) Laganas (Zante) are meant to be really good.
    And I've been Ayia Napa on a girls holiday which I loved but its very expensive! And unfortunately is a 'dying' resort.
    Go onto Club 18-30's website to get an idea of destinations...or look on different travel agents destination guides

(Sorry...this turned into quite an essay!)

ReputationRep:
    Malia Thats where me and 7 of my friends are going in July.
    Cost us £380 each flights, transfers and self catering accomadation ( 2 apartments each sleeping four) in the centre of the town. Think we got it so cheap because we booked it ages ago but there was some good deals if you look around.

ReputationRep:
    turkeyyyy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by doodle7)
    Magaluf is a good shout. Very cheap when you're there.
    I know people who have been to Bulgaria and loved it. Again its very cheap because its not part of the Euro. Nice beach. Good weather etc.
    I went to Tenerife for my first girls holiday and loved it there - the nightlife isn't excessive (as in Ibiza standards) but its still great...abit more expensive though.
    Never been to Greek resorts but Kavos (Corfu) Malia (Crete) Laganas (Zante) are meant to be really good.
    And I've been Ayia Napa on a girls holiday which I loved but its very expensive! And unfortunately is a 'dying' resort.
    Go onto Club 18-30's website to get an idea of destinations...or look on different travel agents destination guides

(Sorry...this turned into quite an essay!)
    np. ive been to crete, tenerife and cyprus with family. really good holidays.

jus a bit unsure about bulgaria, dont really want to spend a lot of money on a country i dont want to go to

ReputationRep:
    And you wanna do clubbing? rofl at that
    Bulgaria is the place only if you're into hiking and stuff.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FieldLeftBlank)
    And you wanna do clubbing? rofl at that
    Bulgaria is the place only if you're into hiking and stuff.
    lol agreed. thats what most of the guys think haha

ReputationRep:

jus a bit unsure about bulgaria, dont really want to spend a lot of money on a country i dont want to go to
    If you don't fancy it then go with your gut instinct and don't go! I made that mistake with Turkey and ended up going and hating it! Just try and find some better deals in other places and show them to your mates...I'm sure you can convince them!

ReputationRep:
    Newquay!!!!!!!!!!!! stay in t he UK blad

ReputationRep:
    Bulgaria does have a clubbing place, it's called Sunny Beach and as someone said, it's getting more popular because of how cheap it is.

I'd personally recommend Ayia Napa. Went to Magaluf last year and that was good too, just not as good as Napa.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hannahdaisy)
    Bulgaria does have a clubbing place, it's called Sunny Beach and as someone said, it's getting more popular because of how cheap it is.

I'd personally recommend Ayia Napa. Went to Magaluf last year and that was good too, just not as good as Napa.
    ive heard that napa is good but kinda expensive.

ReputationRep:
    Malia is rather good.
    been there with a few friends.
    drinks are cheap, beach is nearby and plenty to eat.
    (:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.