Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    NAMP or the "National Association of Muslim Police" argue that ministers were wrong to blame Islam for being the “driver” behind recent terrorist attacks. And curiously that far-right extremists were a more dangerous threat to national security.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukne...r-attacks.html

http://www.namp-uk.com/home.html

Your thoughts, try to keep it on-topic.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Moe Lester)
    ministers were wrong to blame Islam for being the “driver” behind recent terrorist attacks.
    lol

ReputationRep:
    And curiously that far-right extremists were a more dangerous threat to national security.

they would say that becasue the BNP are directly against them, islamic extremists arent

ReputationRep:
    The NAMP are being complete idiots, 97% of convicted terrorists in the UK represent themselves as being Muslims

They should be trying to stop islamic extremism, not making excuses for it.

ReputationRep:
    Erm what wait? Far-right extremists are crazy as hell, but at least they don't try and blow themselves up next to innocent people.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rubgish)
    Erm what wait? Far-right extremists are crazy as hell, but at least they don't try and blow themselves up next to innocent people.
    I agree, statistics speak for themselves, more deaths have been caused by Islamic terrorists than far-right extremists. It seems stupid to claim this as more of a threat. It is of course a threat...look at David Copeland, but more of one it is not. Sounds more like an attempt to shift responsibility away from the extremes of their religon.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rubgish)
    Anyone who vaporises himself is not what he thinks he is *Muslim* ?lol miles away

deeeeeeeh have people just realised that?!!!

ReputationRep:
    Everyone knows Muslims can't do anything wrong. Only white people can. Duh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 1721)
    And curiously that far-right extremists were a more dangerous threat to national security.

they would say that becasue the BNP are directly against them, islamic extremists arent
    Would you describe the BNP as far-right extremists? I would describe Combat 18 .etc. as extremists.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by algérie_mon_amour)
    deeeeeeeh have people just realised that?!!!
    Care to explain what is to blame then?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ibysaiyan)
    Anyone who vaporises himself is not what he thinks he is *Muslim* ?lol miles away
    It's a good thing they haven't mastered instant translocation.

ReputationRep:
    whether you condone them or hate them, the "far-right" have the indiginous british people in mind, the majority.
    Islamist extremists have the minority in mind.
    From muslims ive spoken to over the last few months, many of them distance themselvs from the extremists and sympathise with the BNP.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jrdavid)
    whether you condone them or hate them, the "far-right" have the indiginous british people in mind, the majority.
    Islamist extremists have the minority in mind.
    ....I don't understand the point

From muslims ive spoken to over the last few months, many of them distance themselvs from the extremists and sympathise with the BNP
    I have never met a muslim that sympathises with the BNP, Nick Griffin is a hate figure here in Bradford :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sabertooth)
    x
    Just noticed your thread on the same issue, you may wish to contribute to this one

Care to explain what is to blame then?
    I have said it hundred times that Islam is totally innocent.
    And just because some people call themselves Muslims doesn't mean that they are Muslims. In fact lot of these 'extremists' have no idea about Islam and probably don't even pray!
    I think that lots of them just got addicted to drugs or so, and were extermly depressed so decided to call themselves 'extremists' hence use the label 'Islam' to stand out. Unfortunately, they are unaware of what they are going to be face with hereafter.
    I think the society is to blame because it is helpless when it comes to helping the hopeless like these guys, they feel like they are isolated from the society, which pushes them to do unacceptable things like these.

ReputationRep:
    Would you describe the BNP as far-right extremists? I would describe Combat 18 .etc. as extremists.
    you call that a knife? this is a knife!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by algérie_mon_amour)
    I have said it hundred times that Islam is totally innocent.
    And just because some people call themselves Muslims doesn't mean that they are Muslims. In fact lot of these 'extremists' have no idea about Islam and probably don't even pray!
    I think that lots of them just got addicted to drugs or so, and were extermly depressed so decided to call themselves 'extremists' hence use the label 'Islam' to stand out. Unfortunately, they are unaware of what they are going to be face with hereafter.
    I think the society is to blame because it is helpless when it comes to helping the hopeless like these guys, they feel like they are isolated from the society, which pushes them to do unacceptable things like these.
    So basically instead of Islam the blame lies with society........why then don't down and out Christians, Hindus and Jews evoke the name of their religon and blow themselves up in similar numbers to Muslims?

ReputationRep:
    well, moe lester, extremist muslims/islamists blow people up to advance their cause, a minority cause in the UK.

the "far right" extremists seek to stop the threat of terrorism in the UK for all residents, not just those who agree with them.

i'm not going to side with either, but i can say i'm of a minority religion.
    as to my second point, alot of muslims i have spoken to have quite frankly stated that they can understand the far right, such as the BNP (if theyre far right, thats up to you and the media) because they (the muslims) want to distance themselves from extreme Islamists.
    perhaps people in Coventry have a different view to people in Bradford.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jrdavid)
    the "far right" extremists seek to stop the threat of terrorism in the UK for all residents, not just those who agree with them.
    What? Far-right terrorists have a variety of reasons for attacks, I have never heard "stopping terrorism" cited as one of them.

David Copeland's motivation for the London bombs...

My main intent was to spread fear, resentment and hatred throughout this country, it was to cause a racial war." "There'd be a backlash from the ethnic minorities, he said. "I'd just be the spark that would set fire to this country.
    The way you phrase it you make it sound like the far-right terrorists are doing some sort of public service.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 11, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.