Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I am just wondering if someone can possibly clarify something (talking to personal tutor is like talking to a wall)

If you are doing an Access course and all you require to go to University is a Pass grade overall on the course ... What number of credits will that consitute? Anyone know?

As me and a few friends have just been told to obtain a Pass overall for entry into University not PPP MMM DDD etc etc grades

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Lord knows. I did A-levels you see, so I wouldn't know.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jojospacemunky)
    I am just wondering if someone can possibly clarify something (talking to personal tutor is like talking to a wall)

If you are doing an Access course and all you require to go to University is a Pass grade overall on the course ... What number of credits will that consitute? Anyone know?

As me and a few friends have just been told to obtain a Pass overall for entry into University not PPP MMM DDD etc etc grades

Thanks
    I've just finished my access, currently waiting for moderation and know exactly what you mean about talking to a brick wall.

To answer your question, I don't know if it works out the same for you but it should but each assignment we did had a certain number of credits which are all added up at the end..mine comes to approx 100 & something.

The thing is, a lot of uni's may still be a bit behind because the grading only changed this september. I was in the last intake for ungraded so no matter how many credits we gain, nobody in my semester is able to achieve anything other than a pass.

Edit: Oops. I should read things properly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by deadlyicequeen)
    Lord knows. I did A-levels you see, so I wouldn't know.
    That's a useful comment. I'm sure OP appreciates that you did A-levels, oh how proud you must be.

ReputationRep:

Thanks
    I think its 48 credits, at least it was when I took my access course.Hope this helps.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Annie72)
    I think its 48 credits, at least it was when I took my access course.Hope this helps.
    yes it does thank you Annie72

ReputationRep:
    yes it does thank you Annie72

You"re welcome

EDIT: Thanks for the rep too

ReputationRep:
    Hiya, I am currently on one (Access to HE - health route) and I require a total of 60 credits ( of that 45 @Level 3 and 15 @ Level 2), to get into a Uni. The credits remain the same whether its dist, merit or pass.

But criteria for individual uni is diff - for example someone from our course was given a conditional offer ( overall grade of merit) at Exeter uni whereas some on TSR got away with an overall grade of pass at UWE!!!

Hope this is of some use Why dont u give a ring to the admissions tutor of the Uni (s) u r planning to apply?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.