Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Zante is officially the lowest-class holiday on offer watch

ReputationRep:
    Drinking low-grade alchohol with low-grade people really would not feature highly in my list of things to do.

What would be your worst idea of a holiday?

ReputationRep:
    exactly the same thing
    isn't magaluf on the same level?
    yeah that would be bad too
    I don't quite understand what you can possibly enjoy in such a ********

ReputationRep:
    Lanzarote is pretty bad in my opinion. You can't walk anywhere without people trying to lure you into bars to rip you off with watered down drinks. Oh and it's crawling with big fat cockroaches. My idea of hell.

(Original post by deadlyicequeen)
    Drinking low-grade alchohol with low-grade people really would not feature highly in my list of things to do.

I wouldn't neccessarily say "low-grade people",thats a bit of a condescending way of putting it,I take it your idea of a good holiday is trekking around the Aztec ruins in Mexico,not with the masses of 'chavs'?

ReputationRep:
    Zante, Malia, Magaluf, Lanzarote, Ibiza etc

ReputationRep:
    Kavos is worse than Zante. It's still a right laugh though, doesn't matter what people are around as long as you go with your mates, and the 'low-grade alcohol' isn't really an issue as you can just pre-lash with bottles beforehand.
    Icequeen you seem pretty hung up about class don't you?

ReputationRep:
    Anywhere with my friends and somewhere to dance can't be that bad

ReputationRep:
    free clubs...drinks on offer...restaurants to haggle...cant be too bad, the beach is pretty nice also..not the best but cant complain everyone has a great time

when i went it was with like 10 people...everytime we went out for drinks we just haggled for offers...we even got this restaurant to give us 3 fishbowls of cocktails for our meals..
    and in the morning me and this guy got free breakfast coz we brought loads of ppl

ReputationRep:
    Zante? As in Zakynthos? I went here about 6 years ago and thought it was really nice and I'm thoroughly middle class.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Toaster Leavings)
    Zante? As in Zakynthos? I went here about 6 years ago and thought it was really nice....
    That was before it was invaded.

ReputationRep:
    All of us need to cut down on holidays and our conspicuous consumption of the worlds resources. :haughty:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by miml)
    Zante, Malia, Magaluf, Lanzarote, Ibiza etc
    Im going to Malia in July with all my friends
    Well excited!

ReputationRep:
    I liked it when I went. Beautiful place. Though I must admit piss up holidays don't really appeal to me so if I had to do that - no no

ReputationRep:
    It really is no wonder the Continent hates us so much.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mariarrrrr.)
    Im going to Malia in July with all my friends
    Well excited!
    Be sure to check out the Minoan ruins a short while from the main area. :yes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheMeister)
    It really is no wonder the Continent hates us so much.
    Huh? :confused:

ReputationRep:

....I was thinking more along the lines of Rhyl, in N.Wales.........

ReputationRep:
    urgh wouldn't want to go any of those zante type places, just not my thing.
    The way Brits tend to behave abroad is embarrassing.

By the way OP you are still trollicious

ReputationRep:
    Ibiza is the best out of that bad bunch. Magaluf i've heard is a cess pit i've heard, and so is Zante.

ReputationRep:
    Huh? :confused:
    Well... what with all the drinking, sleeping around, general nuisance young Britons cause abroad, it's no real surprise that Spain, Portugal, Greece, France, Cyprus and Turkey have a strong dislike for us.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 29, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.