Turn on thread page Beta

Zante is officially the lowest-class holiday on offer watch

ReputationRep:
    Anywhere hot. Or really cold. Or rainy. Or without things to do.

Paris is good, and New York in Spring/Autumn.

ReputationRep:
    I've been and loved it. Cheap drinks, nice beaches, nice markets and shops, reasonable clubs. What the hell does 'low-grade person' mean anyway?

ReputationRep:
    You're probably a troll but yeah, drinking crap surrounded by sweaty fat British ******* and ****s does not appeal. City breaks are the future.

ReputationRep:
    My sister went and loved it,
    but she also is chavvy, and a whore. So i suppose they fit in well,

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jigglypuff)
    I've been and loved it. Cheap drinks, nice beaches, nice markets and shops, reasonable clubs. What the hell does 'low-grade person' mean anyway?
    that sums up what i want to say

off to zante (laganas) in july with my friends, can't wait

ReputationRep:
    So it is low-class, and what?
    Being young you're suposed to go to these places with mates, get plastered, fry all day with a hangover and repeat. And it's great craic. Don't see the problem.

ReputationRep:
    OK in the last thread about class, I suggested that the OP might not be a troll - but I think I'm going to change my mind about that one. New Member making two consecutive threads about the same thing, causing overreactions from sensitive people...

Although to be honest, I have agreed with both things the OP has said!
    The only appeal of these types of holidays seems to be mostly loud music, dancing and drinking. It doesn't sound that much fun really, I think I'd prefer a nice skiing holiday

ReputationRep:
    I would have thought Blackpool...

ReputationRep:
    Hey. I went to Zante and stayed inland at a villa. Didn't see one loutish Brit in two weeks. So don't go criticising the whole island.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by beefheartrules)
    So it is low-class, and what?
    Being young you're suposed to go to these places with mates, get plastered, fry all day with a hangover and repeat. And it's great craic. Don't see the problem.
    says who?

ReputationRep:
    Zakynthos is a really beautiful place. It's just unfortunate that retards flock to it.

ReputationRep:
    Ive been to Zante and Rhyl and survived!
    Though i went around the ages of 10 and 12 so piss ups werent exactly high on the agenda, but zante wasnt too bad, the weather was nice and like most of my holidays abroad the germans stole the sun loungers at the pool !
    • PS Helper
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Hahaa we were going to go to Zante for our 6th year holiday...We're going to Malia instead haha can't wait!
    xxxx

ReputationRep:
    Well, from what I've heard about them, the resorts in Zante, Ibiza, Magaluf etc. aren't really my idea of a good holiday - but I assume not all of the island(s) are full of drunken, at time violent tourists, and the crime and rip-offs and touts which accompany them - there are probably some really nice places away from them. So I would go to these islands, but to different places within them than the majority. Nothing wrong with a few drinks on holiday (I liked the cocktail buckets in Thailand, for example ), but I prefer more local places where everything isn't specially geared towards tourists, and where there's more to do than just the sea, sun & drinking. (I'm a big fan of history, art, adventure sports etc.)

ReputationRep:
    I've been to Zante, it's class for a lads holiday, weather is fantastic, lovely beaches, girls everywhere, clubs are nice...

What more can you want?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fynch101)
    says who?
    isn't there enough evidence?
    live a little

ReputationRep:
    omg there are some snobby people on this forum.

ReputationRep:
    i had an awesome holiday there......bit grimmy though!

ReputationRep:
    Guess where I'm going with school mates on the end of year "lads' holiday"?! :awesome:

But from what I've heard, it doesn't have to be that bad. None of us going are chavs... hopefully it'll still be good or we'll all have paid for and gotten really excited about a big let-down.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah piss-up holidays don't really attract me that much.

Somewhere that's not known for a piss-up holiday is probably somewhere I'd go. To one of the canaries or to Crete. A holiday destination

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 29, 2010
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.