Turn on thread page Beta

Zante is officially the lowest-class holiday on offer watch

• PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by NW86)
    but what's wrong with going for a piss up with mates thats my point? loads of people work hard for exams/in actual work, if they wanna go and get *****ed in the med (as I have done in the past, and still would) then why the hell should anyone be looking down on them for that/ how does that make them as lower class of person is my point
    Nothing, I've done it a few times. And none of us were chavs, but I had a great time. Okay, granted, I went to a particularly bad area of the island, but apart from getting drunk in clubs cheaply, it has pretty much nothing to offer. Its not 'snobbery' or 'looking down on people', its just an objective description of an undesirable holiday destination...

ReputationRep:
    People are getting confused.

Laganas != Zante

Laganas : Town on the south side, 18-30's et al
    Zante : The island itself

Having been there in 2006 when I was 19, Laganas is everything you'd expect from a 18-30s destination. Zante on the whole is lovely. I'm glad I took the time to go out on boats, coach trips around the island (the entire centre of island is rocky hills iirc)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RightSaidJames)
    My kind of holiday is in a place that's as Non-Anglicised as possible. I don't want to be greeted in English in every restaurant, hotel, shop that I go into. I want a language barrier and a different culture, otherwise I may as well have stayed at home.
    Same here, I know what you mean Though I wasn't put off going to Australia and New Zealand just because there wasn't a language barrier - I still found there was a difference in culture, and had some great experiences... :cool:

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't mind Zante, or Magaluf or anywhere like that. But that's probably because I'm too 'low grade' to know any better.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by heeheehee_ha)
    that sums up what i want to say

off to zante (laganas) in july with my friends, can't wait
    You'll have a great time! There are loads of good clubs in Laganas (I stayed in Tsilivi but got taxis to Laganas at night) and make sure you go to the Haagen Daaz cafe! And if you want more chilled out days/nights, Tsilivi and Zante town are nice.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FormerlyHistoryStudent)
    Same here, I know what you mean Though I wasn't put off going to Australia and New Zealand just because there wasn't a language barrier - I still found there was a difference in culture, and had some great experiences... :cool:
    Yeah, I obviously don't mind if that's the country's main language!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RightSaidJames)
    Yeah, I obviously don't mind if that's the country's main language!
    True. I don't really mind either if although not the main language, it is still an official language, like it is in India - there the culture shock is so great in every sense to begin with,the fact that a lot of people speak English doesn't affect this anyway! But places like Greece and Spain - there's no historical reason for them to speak English, it isn't an official language, all it's for is the tourists.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fynch101)
    great answer.

knobchops.

ReputationRep:
    I wanted to go to Zante this year but already all the 2 week holidays to Zante flying from Glasgow in june/july have been booked up

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by beefheartrules)
    knobchops.
    I hope you enjoy your life of sub-mediocrity as best you can.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fynch101)
    I hope you enjoy your life of sub-mediocrity as best you can.

i love you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by betheliza)
    Lanzarote is pretty bad in my opinion. You can't walk anywhere without people trying to lure you into bars to rip you off with watered down drinks. Oh and it's crawling with big fat cockroaches. My idea of hell.
    But they do have good waves: good from a surfer's point of view. :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NW86)
    boring boring *****.

I'm assuming the people who make comments that they wouldn't like to go zante or other places like this are the same people that populate threads about not making friends at un, wanting a quiet nights sleep, or that a housemate didn't clean up a glass. There's a name for people like you, it's losers. The fact that there are a large number of you on this board just makes you feel less like one as for once in your life you have found other people like you.

Jesus tsr pisses me off sometimes. The amount of snobbery is ******* disgusting.
    Hear hear!

You people are boring, I know your type at uni..

ReputationRep:
    Well I went to Zante last year, and it was pretty amazing! All these places are the same, not just Zante!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xsarahhh)
    I wanted to go to Zante this year but already all the 2 week holidays to Zante flying from Glasgow in june/july have been booked up
    Fly from Edinburgh or Newcastle! It's worth it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wEe_ScOtTisH_yIn)
    Fly from Edinburgh or Newcastle! It's worth it!
    There was only flights from manchester left for 2 weeks that was cheap or one from glasgow by getting the flights switched about but it was gonna cost us about £600 I don't even want to look and see if there are more holidays available because we paid £450 for a week :eek: how gutting haha!

ReputationRep:
    All I know about Zante is that the girls who took dance as a lesson at Sixth Form went there. That just about rules it out as a suitable holiday destination.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 29, 2010
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.