Turn on thread page Beta

Does anyone what weekend Newspapers have medical sections. watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi,
    i have an interview next week, and i was wondering if anyone knows what newspapers have medical and health sections thiss weekend.
    Thanks
    A

ReputationRep:
    bbc news has a health section all the time - that will be fine for what you need.

ReputationRep:
    The Times has a monthly medical magazine as such with developments and other stuff; i cant remember what its called though

ReputationRep:
    The Guardian has a good health section on their site, but not sure which day it comes as a section in the paper.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by foxyamy)
    The Guardian has a good health section on their site, but not sure which day it comes as a section in the paper.
    Wednesdays I think, Crippen is a legend nonetheless.

ReputationRep:
    Telegraph have a few medical pages on a Monday, I do believe.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jules65)
    The Times has a monthly medical magazine as such with developments and other stuff; i cant remember what its called though
    eureka! its well good. and OP the saturday times has a body and soul bit but im not sure that really counts. go on the student BMJ website

ReputationRep:
    bbc health news and times online are the best IMO

Also checkout the Guardian online too...

(Original post by Single Malt)
    Wednesdays I think, Crippen is a legend nonetheless.
    i wouldnt recommend quoting crippen in your interviews though...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jules65)
    Eureka! is amazing. :love: It's on science though, as opposed to just medicine, but it does feature a lot of medical stories.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Phalanges)
    Eureka! is amazing. :love: It's on science though, as opposed to just medicine, but it does feature a lot of medical stories.
    How can I get this amazing magazine? Is it sold separately or as part as the newspaper, and when? Thank youuu

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lekky)
    How can I get this amazing magazine? Is it sold separately or as part as the newspaper, and when? Thank youuu
    umm i think it come on a thursday once a month with the times newspaper. though it dosnt always have much medical stuff in, just science in general really. i like new scientist as well meself

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lekky)
    It comes once a month as a supplement of the regular paper. The website for it is here, and seems to contain much of the articles the physical magazine has.

The string theory article is particularly good, if you're into that sort of thing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jamie)
    i wouldnt recommend quoting crippen in your interviews though...
    I havent, but some of the anti-managerial rants of his I suspect would go down quite well with some consultants. However some of his articles on nursing would quite rightly make you look like a bigot.

I havent, but some of the anti-managerial rants of his I suspect would go down quite well with some consultants. However some of his articles on nursing would quite rightly make you look like a bigot.
    You can't really be anti-managerial until you have experienced it in some way or another.

Trust me, they won't appreciate an 18/19 year old kid talking about issues they can't really appreciate.

Stick to stuff you know, like how much you love the area the uni is in, what medicine means to you blah blah blah.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jamie)
    You can't really be anti-managerial until you have experienced it in some way or another.

Trust me, they won't appreciate an 18/19 year old kid talking about issues they can't really appreciate.

Stick to stuff you know, like how much you love the area the uni is in, what medicine means to you blah blah blah.
    Valid point. I did realise, I was anti-managerial at an interview, I discussed the state of emergency cardiovascular care in suffolk, in which patients are stabilised then bussed off to Cambridge or Norfolk hospitals. The interviewer seemed reasonably receptive to it.

ReputationRep:
    Valid point. I did realise, I was anti-managerial at an interview, I discussed the state of emergency cardiovascular care in suffolk, in which patients are stabilised then bussed off to Cambridge or Norfolk hospitals. The interviewer seemed reasonably receptive to it.
    It's not even Cambridge - it's Papworth if they're lucky (and primary PCI is the best intervention for STEMI but it takes time to set up these services hence why Suffolk doesn't really have them yet). That sort of thing might be ok if you actually understand it. Whining about noctors etc in a medical interview, however, is probably not the best idea.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Helenia)
    It's not even Cambridge - it's Papworth if they're lucky (and primary PCI is the best intervention for STEMI but it takes time to set up these services hence why Suffolk doesn't really have them yet). That sort of thing might be ok if you actually understand it. Whining about noctors etc in a medical interview, however, is probably not the best idea.
    Staying away from the noctors and such complicated ideas is obviously genius, thanks for giving me more information on the heart care though.

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.