Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi all, sorry for this extremely long post. I applied to Leicester for BSc Economics and i was thinking about changing course to BSc Mathematics with Economics so i sent this email to the UG Office.

(Original post by jpatel10)
    To whom it may concern,

I applied for BSc Economics, with predicted grades AAB and received an offer in November. Hypothetically, if I wished to change course to BSc Mathematics with Economics, how could I go about doing so, and would it be relatively straight forward for me to receive an offer

I look forward to your response

Regards,
    jpatel10 (obviously i used my real name)
    I received this reply today.

(Original post by University of Leicester UG Office)
    Dear jpatel10

I have forwarded your application to the School of Mathematics for them to consider. If they are able to make you an offer for Mathematics with Economics (G1L1) you will receive confirmation from the Admissions office

Kind regards

Lucy Jones
    Undergraduate Admissions
    Does this mean they will strike off my previous offer? Has she officially changed my application? I'm worried now as i was hoping to use the Economics offer as insurance IF i get an offer from Birmingham. I was only planning on changing course if i didn't get an offer from Birmingham.

ReputationRep:
    Hi all, sorry for this extremely long post. I applied to Leicester for BSc Economics and i was thinking about changing course to BSc Mathematics with Economics so i sent this email to the UG Office.

I received this reply today.

Does this mean they will strike off my previous offer? Has she officially changed my application? I'm worried now as i was hoping to use the Economics offer as insurance IF i get an offer from Birmingham. I was only planning on changing course if i didn't get an offer from Birmingham.
    Yes it does, you cant hold an offer for both as its only one space on your UCAS form. You need to decide now whether you want to ask her not to change it or to see if you get an offer for the new course.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jelly1000)
    Yes it does, you cant hold an offer for both as its only one space on your UCAS form. You need to decide now whether you want to ask her not to change it or to see if you get an offer for the new course.
    So what. they've cancelled my previous offer?

ReputationRep:
    Why don't you email her to clarify, she's the only one who knows what she meant...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thepinkpowerranger)
    Why don't you email her to clarify, she's the only one who knows what she meant...
    Good idea - seems so simple now lol. Emailed her, just have to sit and wait. Thanks

ReputationRep:
    So what. they've cancelled my previous offer?
    Not yet, but they will do if they are able to make you an offer for the new course.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jelly1000)
    Not yet, but they will do if they are able to make you an offer for the new course.
    But surely they would ask me to confirm before doing so as i clearly stated that the situation was hypothetical

ReputationRep:
    Good idea - seems so simple now lol. Emailed her, just have to sit and wait. Thanks
    I believe that if it turns out that such a change is not approved, then you would simply keep your current offer.

I changed my course twice at 2 different universities and they both worked in that way.

ReputationRep:
    But surely they would ask me to confirm before doing so as i clearly stated that the situation was hypothetical
    most likely

ReputationRep:

I wanted to change course at leicester...I rang them up and had a long-chat they were happy to change my coure right there and then but I changed my mind back.

Its best if you ring them up

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amit92)
    I wanted to change course at leicester...I rang them up and had a long-chat they were happy to change my coure right there and then but I changed my mind back.

Its best if you ring them up
    But maths with economics is run by a different department so they would have to send my app to that dept.

ReputationRep:
    But maths with economics is run by a different department so they would have to send my app to that dept.
    Yeh my course was at the History department...what you do is ring UG Admissions and then tell them you want to change course because blah blah and what subjects you do and grades...then they will ring the department you want to move to and if they say Yes then they will ring the department you got an offer from and ask them if its ok if you could change and wallah

ReputationRep:
    I would imagine they will change your current offer to include the new course? It sounds like the department is considering at the moment. Good luck

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for all your help guys. I received a reply from the UG Office
    (Original post by University of Leicester UG Office)
    Dear jpatel10

Your offer for BSc Economics will not be revoked. If the School of Mathematics would like to make you an offer, you will sent details of this new offer. If however, they are not able to, then your original offer for BSc Economics will still be valid

Kind regards

Lucy Jones
    Undergraduate Admissions
    Although, she could have proof-read the email lol, she forgot the "be" in the second sentence

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.