Turn on thread page Beta

Low key Valentine's Day watch

ReputationRep:
    It's my our 6 month anniversary on the 1st of Feb, so we decided it would be a better and cheaper idea to do something bigger then and something low key on the 14th.

Then we got stuck what to do on the 14th. We go to the cinema quite often anyway, and in both of our houses our housemates will be about, plus we spend a lot of time in anyway and we want to do something different, but neither of us can think what. Any ideas?

ReputationRep:
    It's our 2 year anniversary on the 1st Feb

For our 1 year we went on the London Eye and out to dinner which was quite nice, but that was the day it snowed and it was bloody cold and took me ages to get home :dong:

Maybe go out for dinner, somewhere you don't normally go, somewhere that might require you to dress up a little. Or to the theatre?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kat2pult)
    It's our 2 year anniversary on the 1st Feb

For our 1 year we went on the London Eye and out to dinner which was quite nice, but that was the day it snowed and it was bloody cold and took me ages to get home :dong:

Maybe go out for dinner, somewhere you don't normally go, somewhere that might require you to dress up a little. Or to the theatre?
    Heh, we're going to dinner on the 1st somewhere, but it's what low key to do on the 14th that I really don't know about

ReputationRep:
    Find a park or forests, bring thermos flasks of hot chocolate, or soup, and some other hearty picnic stuff. Talk and walk and sit and discuss and stare and enjoy.
    Well, that's what I'd do.
    PS, bring a big coat and scarf

ReputationRep:
    Actually, wait, what?
    You don't want to go out to dinner twice in one month?
    My bf and I will go out for dinner 80% of the time we're together, and we'll go out for lunch whenever we're together, too

ReputationRep:
    Sexy times! :borat:

Oh wait, did you say low key?
    ...in which case go with a blowjob.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thatwhichiam)
    Heh, we're going to dinner on the 1st somewhere, but it's what low key to do on the 14th that I really don't know about
    Cheap comedy show. They're like £5-10 on lastminute.com

ReputationRep:
    You could just not do anything at all?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Erika Eleniak)
    You could just not do anything at all?
    We aren't buying each other presents or cards or anything, we've decided to do something small together though.

ReputationRep:
    You don't have to do anything on the 14th.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Antimatter)
    Actually, wait, what?
    You don't want to go out to dinner twice in one month?
    My bf and I will go out for dinner 80% of the time we're together, and we'll go out for lunch whenever we're together, too
    I want to, but my boyfriend has no money we eat most meals with each other anyway, just not necessarily out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kamc)
    You don't have to do anything on the 14th.
    I know, we've decided to though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kat2pult)
    Cheap comedy show. They're like £5-10 on lastminute.com
    I like this idea, that sounds cheap and good fun, thanks!

ReputationRep:
    I want to, but my boyfriend has no money we eat most meals with each other anyway, just not necessarily out.
    ... Can't you pay and treat him on Valentine's day? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Antimatter)
    ... Can't you pay and treat him on Valentine's day? :confused:
    I do this about 70% of the time and he's not keen on it. Plus we decided everywhere would be crowded and expensive and I have slight issues with eating out anyway because I have a metabolic disorder, so there was no point wasting money on something I would only be able to eat half of.

ReputationRep:
    How about you get a good dvd, ice cream and just lay on the sofa

ReputationRep:
    It's my our 6 month anniversary on the 1st of Feb, so we decided it would be a better and cheaper idea to do something bigger then and something low key on the 14th.

Then we got stuck what to do on the 14th. We go to the cinema quite often anyway, and in both of our houses our housemates will be about, plus we spend a lot of time in anyway and we want to do something different, but neither of us can think what. Any ideas?
    I hit 2 years on feb 1st with my bf and we agreed vday is pointless.

ReputationRep:
    go to matt and phred's jazz bar in the NQ, I always thought that'd be a romantic place to go, it's really low-key and nice.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sadiechantel)
    How about you get a good dvd, ice cream and just lay on the sofa
    Because two of his housemates won't be doing anything, and neither will 2 of mine we'd like to be a bit more alone if we're in the house...and we watch a looooot of DVDs anyway :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by strawberry)
    I hit 2 years on feb 1st with my bf and we agreed vday is pointless.
    Yeah, but it's our 1st together and it's the first time he's had anyone to celebrate it with so we want to do something

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 21, 2010
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.