Turn on thread page Beta

'I'll die here', said tortured boy watch

• View Poll Results: What sentence do you think the attackers should face?
    Capital Punishment
    23.54%
    Life Imprisonment
    25.66%
    A jail term with psychiatric help - released at some point when theyre 'deemed safe'
    34.13%
    Psychiatric Hospital until 'deemed safe'
    11.90%
    Put back into foster care with more qualified parents and on-hand psychiatric help
    3.70%
    Other... (Speicify in thread)
    1.06%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bslforever)
    Ahh i love this post. This is really interesting. You recognise that if we all lived on principal and had a deontological law system, we would all live in a "bloody good world", but then you also realise that a system like this would inevitabely have its weaknesses and loopholes, and wish that sometimes we could be more flexible.

Thats the sad choice that our legal system constantly faces.
    Sucks to be Human, eh?
    Sucks even more to be a Human Judge!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Flying Cookie)
    It's not about the prison, it's about the rehabilitation programmes. How is executing more expensive than imprisonment?
    If you look at the figures, thats just the way it works out. Prisoners typically spend years in jail before getting executed anyway, and the actual execution is a very complicated process which takes a large amount of time and money to arrange.

I'm just telling you that the idea executions will save money is a fallacy, at least if we implemented the death penalty in the same way as the US, rather than the more barbaric process used in some middle eastern countries.

Did they die?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 4G_dollars)
    I find it hard to understand how 11 year old does not know that killing and torturing is wrong. He clearly realised what he was doing especially when he said "it was tight"...
    I think execute them, why should the taxpayer pay for those murderous ********s? Why should they be gone to prison, given free education, paid to play monoply? Why? Execute them. Why can't we send them to Saudi Arabia? That is what we should do with murderers, paedos, etc... send them to Saudi Arabia. They will be taken care of there.
    I find it ironic, for all it's problems, at least in Saudi Arabia, you can walk down the street and feel safe in the sense that no one is going to attack you etc... and yet here, especially on friday night we have thugs getting plastered looking for a fight...
    We are agreeing on the same things here. That these children gave away their human rights when they knowingly carried out this terrible crime. Indeed, I totally agree that our prisons are often too lenient or 'easy-going' for criminals like these and maybe our prisons should start following in the footsteps like those of America. But what I am trying to say is you can not teach killing is wrong by killing! The day the government allows the death penalty is the day it teaches our world it is ok to kill.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SomeStudent)
    Did they die?
    No.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alexio)
    Sucks to be Human, eh?
    Sucks even more to be a Human Judge!
    Indeed. I'll try and drop you some rep tomorrow.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SomeStudent)
    Did they die?
    No they had to eat some nettles, got beaten up and stripped naked.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Trigger)
    Yeah you already asked me that and i already told you. I am starting to feel some of you are really forgetting exactly what happened here. You are talking as if they went and raped than ate some babies.
    No, you said you were tired and that they should be punished to the 'right extent', not exactly specifying what the 'right extent' is.
    At least give us a inling of to which side you're leaning, I'm gonna guess you what them in rehab, mind.

They tortured two boys of the same age for 90 minutes.

ReputationRep:
    No, you said you were tired and that they should be punished to the 'right extent', not exactly specifying what the 'right extent' is.
    At least give us a inling of to which side you're leaning, I'm gonna guess you what them in rehab, mind.

They tortured two boys of the same age for 90 minutes.
    I also said i wouldn't know where to begin but i don't see why rehab is such a bad thing?

ReputationRep:
    And you say it as if it's no big deal.

That one post is probably the most disgusting in this entire thread.
    I know you can't really send your emotion in text over the internet, but those thirteen words tell the world that it really doesn't matter.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ArtGoblin)
    I'm just as disgusted at the responses on this thread. Whatever they did, they're still children, and the product of their environment. What chance did they ever have? It isn't right that they should suffer for the rest of their lives for what they did at the age of ten and eleven. There's no point in ruining more lives.
    I'm sorry but I completely disagree with your comment. Everyone knows that killing is wrong and against the law, a young child would know that. The two boys knew exactly what they were doing. It is their fault and the fault of their parents and they should all be punished. They should suffer for the rest of their lives and I'd be quite happy to watch them suffer. I'm sure a lot of people would. At ten and eleven, you would still know that what they did was totally wrong, regardless of their environment.

On another note, this is so sickening. How could anyone do this? I mean seriously. To do this to someone and not show any remorse, it's just sick and I find it extremely hard to deal with the concept of what our society is like.

No.
    Oh, thank goodness for that, I'm almost in tears after reading this. I cannot believe how someone can be so cruel, especially at that age.
    Yes, they had a bad upbringing, but it does not excuse their vile act. I wouldn't go as far as capital punishment OP, but definitely psychiatric help and possibly a jail term. Either way I hope they won't be released for a while. My heart goes out to the victims, this is so sad .

ReputationRep:
    And you say it as if it's no big deal.

That one post is probably the most disgusting in this entire thread.
    I know you can't really send your emotion in text over the internet, but those thirteen words tell the world that it really doesn't matter.
    So the post where i matter of factly wrote what happened is more disgusting then people wanting to sentence a couple of children to death? Get your priorities sorted please.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by brokenangel27)
    I'm sorry but I completely disagree with your comment. Everyone knows that killing is wrong and against the law, a young child would know that. The two boys knew exactly what they were doing. It is their fault and the fault of their parents and they should all be punished. They should suffer for the rest of their lives and I'd be quite happy to watch them suffer. I'm sure a lot of people would. At ten and eleven, you would still know that what they did was totally wrong, regardless of their environment.

On another note, this is so sickening. How could anyone do this? I mean seriously. To do this to someone and not show any remorse, it's just sick and I find it extremely hard to deal with the concept of what our society is like.
    They didn't kill anyone.

ReputationRep:
    Uh what?
    It seems as if you are trying to trivialise what happened to the children.

ReputationRep:
    So the post where i matter of factly wrote what happened is more disgusting then people wanting to sentence a couple of children to death? Get your priorities sorted please.
    Okay.
    Just remember that while you're attempting to trivialise this incident (as someone above me said), and as you have clearly stated that what they did was much better than murder, for ninety minutes these children thought they were going to die, asked to be killed to get it over with and actually came within an inch of dying.

But you continue defending these lovable criminals all you want, your opinion is of no matter to me anymore.

Did you really have to bring cannabis into it? All the stoners I know love bashing heads, they totally don't just hang around at home playing video games and eating fast food.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TI-84)
    Uh what?
    It seems as if you are trying to trivialise what happened to the children.
    I'm sorry, shall i add a load of emotions that i don't feel to please the rest of you? I am sad that this happened but i can only feel empathy for some kids i have never met. I feel more sadness for the recent disaster in Haiti and just the general social state of the country rather than plough all my bile and rage into one incident.

ReputationRep:
    Okay.
    Just remember that while you're attempting to trivialise this incident (as someone above me said), and as you have clearly stated that what they did was much better than murder, for ninety minutes these children thought they were going to die, asked to be killed to get it over with and actually came within an inch of dying.

But you continue defending these lovable criminals all you want, your opinion is of no matter to me anymore.
    Honestly, sensationalist and reactionary.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by numb3rb0y)
    Did you really have to bring cannabis into it? All the stoners I know love bashing heads, they totally don't just hang around at home playing video games and eating fast food.
    Cannabis in general is stupid.
    Cannabis for a nine year old is ridiculous.

Besides, it was more to emphasise the point that they were neglected children living in broken home.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.