Turn on thread page Beta

'I'll die here', said tortured boy watch

• View Poll Results: What sentence do you think the attackers should face?
    Capital Punishment
    23.54%
    Life Imprisonment
    25.66%
    A jail term with psychiatric help - released at some point when theyre 'deemed safe'
    34.13%
    Psychiatric Hospital until 'deemed safe'
    11.90%
    Put back into foster care with more qualified parents and on-hand psychiatric help
    3.70%
    Other... (Speicify in thread)
    1.06%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Funkymonkey21)
    how does that work? how do you chose the time at which a person should change?
    if a person kills when they are 6, should you give them till they're 20? or 25? how long is long enough to become 'normal'?
    by this logic, if someone commits a murder when they are 30, by the time they are 40 they mightve changed?
    That'd be for psychologists to decide.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alexio)
    I think much of the responses are fuelled by emotion. As I said, I've never been a fan of the death penalty, but seriously dont think I could ever justify to myself these two monsters living alongside me, however, I cannot justify the killing of two people, which, I know, goes against that I said at the beginning of the thread when it was largely written because of my emotion at the time. The only middle ground would be to remove them from society, which isn't going to happen.

To put it in perspective to please you, would you be happy to discover that the future children of these two 'people' were in the same school class as your children?
    I notice you're trying to dehumanise these two children. They are still people who deserve a chance to move on, particularly as they're children who must have gone through a lot of suffering already. I find it interesting that people react to children who commit horrific crimes much worse than when adults do the same - I believe that children of that age aren't capable of making a fully rational decision, especially when raised in the conditions they were. Surely they also have a greater chance of reforming than adults as people change so much at that age in normal conditions. They will never have a normal life - isn't that enough?

It wouldn't bother me if they were in the same class as my children as long as they were fully reformed. People shouldn't be judged by what they were or what they have done.

ReputationRep:
    how does that work? how do you chose the time at which a person should change?
    if a person kills when they are 6, should you give them till they're 20? or 25? how long is long enough to become 'normal'?
    by this logic, if someone commits a murder when they are 30, by the time they are 40 they mightve changed?
    You completely missing the development that all humans go through as they change from children to adults.

They should be released when the evidence suggests they will no longer represent a threat to society, although the duration of the sentence must also reflect the severity of the crime and its effects.

ReputationRep:
    So wrong!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by southeastnigga)
    ****** *****, they deserve to be tortured for hours, before being put to a slow death.
    lol your name.

Are you from SE London or just SE England?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ben F)
    I think the sentence will be announced tomorrow - and unfortunately I've got a feeling their age will make the sentence a lot 'softer' on them - despite clearly knowing what is right and what isn't at their age. The parents of the two assaulters should also be punished, because they 'shaped' the brothers into having such disturbing thoughts.

I hope they get a long time in jail anyway, along with some mental help.
    How do you know this? You may have known right and wrong, but I'm assuming (and apologies if I'm wrong) you had a stable life where your parents gave a crap. The perpetrators of this crime have been under child protection orders and put in care, do you think they were being provided with a fantastic moral education at their parents home?

I'm not saying this to excuse their behaviour, but I hear it a lot, and putting your own perspective on someone elses life isn't right. I may be wrong, everything was probably great in their original home and thats why they were heavily involved in social services. They got the kids to perform sex acts on each other, where do you think they learnt that from?

To all those that say "give them the death penalty", no matter what they have done, how vile they are they are two children- and I would question myself if I started calling for the death of two kids. I hope they get prison which they will and I hope the authrorities provide justice for the two boys who were attacked like this.

To the OP- you are right they are being tried for GBH with intent not attempted murder.

ReputationRep:
    Did this same thing not happen a while ago? Not the Jamie Bulger case, another one? I remember reading about them being forced to eat nettles...

ReputationRep:
    They should be put to death. They don't need to be tortured or anything, I'm not a sadist. But they should be "exterminated" as it were. They should die.

Failing that they should be locked up for life in a mental hospital, without possibility of parole. It'd obviously just be far cheaper to kill them. Seriously though, they are serial killers in the making, mark my words, you don't just change from inflicting torture and attempted murder on people. If you read about famous serial killers they all were exactly like this at a young age, sadistic, from violent backgrounds, enjoyed torturing and inflicting pain etc.

I'm sure that they'll get 1 or 2 years in juvy, be back on the streets and in ten or so years time we'll hear how they tortured and murdered an elderly couple. Again, they'll get 5 or 6 years for murder and be back on the streets in no time!

ReputationRep:
    also, they have 5 other brothers, who have also done stuff like this before (obviously not to this extreme). Is something going to happen with them, will they be fostered by better parents? it's only a matter of time before they hurt somebody as well.

ReputationRep:
    That is cruelty beyond measure. I don't know what to say.

ReputationRep:
    lol! that bit was actually a joke.. but i do believe that if they think that its right to do it to others, then they should be happy for other people to do it back to them. it makes sense?
    Yeah, jokes about torturing children are funny...

Anyway, I understand what you're trying to say, but I don't know how anyone can think it. I don't know why horrible crimes suddenly becomes acceptable because the victim has committed it before. It's just as bad whether it's done by the state or illegally.

ReputationRep:
    You're an idiot.
    Absolute disgrace.
    Yet another 'Liberal' making excuses for criminals.
    If the system was as bad as you're making out wed have one of these every week, we don't, so it means that these 'children' are largely responsible for their own actions, and the 'parents' played their part as well and should serve a jail sentence.

Why does he need help, because the same Liberals that want to give him a cushy sentence want him to be released back into society?

That's an absolute disgrace. I would not accept him ever working with me in the future, nor would I want him in the same room as me.
    Another Moron posts his opinion. I'm sorry, I can tell you don't want to do a job when your older which has any compassion for people. And if they served their sentence, why would you not be happy to work with him. When a debt to society has been paid they are equal to you, albeit with a record. I have never said I am not disgusted by their actions, but the fact you would happily deny the right to life to two boys, and may I emphasise BOYS!!!!! They aren't men, they are children, with mental issues. You wouldn't have sent the hacker with Aspergers Syndrome to the US to face execution for hacking into the pentagon would you. Or wait, you would because everyone is equal in your eyes!!!! I'm not makng excuses, I'm stating facts. You have all the intellectual power of hillbilly so high on hooch he can't tell the difference between a tree and his wife. :mad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L i b)
    Violence is bad... let's murder two children to sort it out. Clever.
    Violence is bad... so let it be?

Oddly enough, I think the death penalty is disgusting, but the question is whether it is more disgusting than what the kids did, and whether the effort needed to put them back on track is worthwhile and worth the money.

Those are hard questions to answer.

ReputationRep:
    I'm sorry, but this story has really infuriated me. Not simply because of the brutal nature of the attack, but because I know for a fact that, despite these kids being tried in an adult court, they are already not going to be facing 'attempted murder' charges, and I know that they'll probably get 're-habilitated', let out of jail early and they and their families will be given new identities and a new chance at life, whilst the victims and their families will likely never live a normal life again.

I've never been a fan of the death penalty, serves no use in deterrence as far as I'm concerned, but these boys are a waste of space and will likely spend the rest of their lives on the payroll of the taxpayer. I don't care anymore, get rid of them.
    With all due respect, they are kids. Now what they put those brothers through, as heartbraking and infuriating as it is, they don't know any better. You may sneer at Rehabilitation but really, it is the best chance we have at stopping future crimes from these boys without death.

Anyway who are we to judge who has the right to live and die. These boys need what they have been lacking the past 11 years of their lives. Now you or someone else will undoubtabley make criticism at my post, but atleast my solution to problems isnt killing everything that puts a foot wrong.

ReputationRep:
    These kids do all this and you think that they're sane? They're ******* kids! They obviously need therapy; not death.

What they did is unforgivable, but anyone capable of that is clearly in need of help. Killing them is not the answer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L i b)
    Violence is bad... let's murder two children to sort it out. Clever.
    I was going to say that but thought i would check to see if anyone else had got there first. What the hell is this new fad with bringing back the death penalty? "An eye for an eye and we shall all be blind".

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ArtGoblin)
    I'm just as disgusted at the responses on this thread. Whatever they did, they're still children, and the product of their environment. What chance did they ever have? It isn't right that they should suffer for the rest of their lives for what they did at the age of ten and eleven. There's no point in ruining more lives.
    What do you think these lovely little boys will grow up into? Top-performing student and future inventors of Cold Fusion? No, they'll grow up to be useless chavs, and people like you will pay for it (be it with your tax money or any future daughter you may have).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sith5580)
    The lack of compassion for a pair of boys who have clearly been failed by our system of government is astounding. They are 10 and 11. They were in care at the time. Seems funny how much governmental care has failed in the last few years, Baby P, this. The list is a disgrace. The other fact is that the 11 year old has been diagnosed as having severe mental issues (the pyschologist went so far as to suggest he would become a pyschopath). He needs help as much as punishment for what he did. A human being is a human being.

Governmental care has always failed children and families, it is just that you have been exposed to it as a logical person.
    Along with the fact that a lot more gets out in papers and on tv now.

ReputationRep:
    Their home life clearly messed with their heads. You cant kill/torture/whatever them for that. Have you never taken out one person's anger on another. Look at things from their point of view too. They need to be put in better homes and get some treatment not exterminated

ReputationRep:
    What about the parents, arent they at fault for giving them such a bad upbringing?.

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.