Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

'I'll die here', said tortured boy Watch

• View Poll Results: What sentence do you think the attackers should face?
    Capital Punishment
    23.54%
    Life Imprisonment
    25.66%
    A jail term with psychiatric help - released at some point when theyre 'deemed safe'
    34.13%
    Psychiatric Hospital until 'deemed safe'
    11.90%
    Put back into foster care with more qualified parents and on-hand psychiatric help
    3.70%
    Other... (Speicify in thread)
    1.06%

ReputationRep:
    Honestly i dont think killing the boys will slove anything
    It's cruel and no child deserves to be killed like that
    Yes i do not condone what they've done and im not looking to shift the blame on anything but their upbringing
    If we kill them it just shows how even more f***** up society is
    they obviously need a hospital and a vigorous rehabilitation

But the thing i'm concerned about is the boys they totured
    this will obviously stay with them for the rest of their lives?
    when handing out the sentence to the boys i hope they consider how the lives and mentality of the boys they tortured have been affected..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by writergirl)
    That may well be, and i do agree that upbringing has a crucial impact on how a person turns out, but blaming the parents even though it is true is still letting the attackers off of actually taking responsibility for their actions. I know they're young, but as previous people have put they should be taught that their actions have consequences, devastating in that instance and that they can't just act the way they choose. The parents are as much to blame in this, so it would seem, but still, those two boys went out and chose to torture two other people so brutally. Something should be done, they can't grow up thinking they did no wrong, no matter how hard their upbringing was.
    Sorry if i sound so blunt, but i was just in so much shock as to how someone can behave that way, it just shocked me beyond words.
    Yes absolutely. Part of being rehabilitated is being shown what you did was wrong. Certainly, they must be shown how to become a normal member of society. They should only be released when it is clear that they have reached that stage, and of course any sentence must also take into account the severity of the crime and its effects. They shouldn't just be condemned.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joseph90)
    I don't care how young they are. Put them behind bars for the rest of their lives. They don't deserve freedom in civilised society. They are a harm and a danger to the public and should be kept separate from it.

Though the problem is, because we are under a Labour government, things such as "family breakdown", "economic factors" and "deprivation" will bail them out while these traumatised young victims will get no justice for what was done to them.

I am looking forward to Conservative rule which will cut out foolishness such as this and will restore law and order to the streets.
    I agree tbh. It's all very well and good saying 'aw but their upbringing, their parents, they're children...', but in the end, they commited a horrific crime with intent and no remorse.
    It's just tough ****, no chance should be taken and they should not mix with the general public again.

Edit: Also, a lot of children have an unfair upbringing, but they don't do things like this.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ArtGoblin)
    I'm just as disgusted at the responses on this thread. Whatever they did, they're still children, and the product of their environment. What chance did they ever have? It isn't right that they should suffer for the rest of their lives for what they did at the age of ten and eleven. There's no point in ruining more lives.
    Well they're gonna have even less of a chance now, arent they . There are millions across the world who have no "chance". Coming from a bad environment does not give one an excuse to torture, or murder. And not many children who do come from those environments would have it in them to go to such extremes. "Bad environment" should not equate "bad person".
    Whats frightening about these two is that they dont even appear to care.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Trigger)
    Oh for goodness sake, there was still horrific murders when this country still had the death penalty! There are states in America that carry it and guess what? People still commit murders! How about instead of killing people for their crimes we actually start trying to fix the social mess that we have got ourselves into. Our country isn't "going down the pan" because we rightfully abolished the death penalty.
    i didnt say its going down the pan because theres no death penalty. i was insinuating that its because people thinking its perfectly ok to kill someone, which some of you obviously do.

and for the person who said only a 'few' people go on to murder again after theyve been put in prison or whatever..

http://www.wesleylowe.com/repoff.html

thats a short version just in america just from a quick google. your right, practically none! actually, forget prison, just give them a good telling off and they'll be a reformed person within days!!
    :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr Sparkles)
    Oh right, and the fact that there are dozens of people who die a year because the parole board was wrong a few times is OK then is it? "Oh we're sorry that your son was brutally raped and tortured before being cut into pieces, but the parole boards normally get it right!" Letting out a prisoner drastically increases the chances that other people will die, and I personally don't think that people should be allowed to die just to give criminals a second chance who have already proven they can't operate in society. Maybe you disagree, but I would find that slightly horrifying, I believe that if innocent lives can be saved, they should be (notice innocent).
    You assess someone against a parole panel on their merits. Not what others do. The vast, vast majority do not go on to kill again. They shouldn't be condemned solely because some do.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L i b)
    Violence is bad... let's murder two children to sort it out. Clever.

Are you really that stupid?

Stop living in a fantasy world and snap back to reality for a minute, you can not solve violence with understanding and compromising, you fight violence with violence, ever heard of the quote "war is peace"? And anyway, by fighting violence with violence, you are fighting people who attack out of boredom such as the OP, so you are attacking people that deserve it, not two young children that had nothing to do with anything.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aeonflux)
    You can never be 100% certain of anything in law. Regardless, objections to the death penalty go well beyond the potential for miscarriages of justice. Thankfully it will never happen.
    Of course you can! What an absolutely idiotic statement! Like if you saw someone punch someone else outside are bar - A punches B in the face, 2 dozen people see A punch B in the face, B says A punched him in the face, A admits to punching B in the face, and 3 security cameras all have film of A punching B in the face, as well as a policeman who happened to be standing by also saw A punch B in the face. Where is the possibility that A did not punch B in the face? Puh-lease! :rolleyes: You can be as certain as you could of anything else.

Any other objections to the death penalty that I can shoot down for you? I know, it's such a shame that it'll never happen, too many fashionable-liberals in this country wanting to give murderers and child rapists free money and London townhouses.

ReputationRep:
    I have an eleven year old brother and when I look at him I just think about how absolutely disgusting it is that a boy of his age could do that to two kids. But this doesn't make me think they deserve to be put to death- the opposite in fact. The fact is that the vast majority of eleven year olds would never even be able to think up anything as evil as that. What does that tell you about these boys' upbringing? Think about the stuff that they must have seen during their young lives to even know about explicit sex acts. Think for a second just how bad the things they've seen in their young lives must be for them to even consider this vile act. I'm not justifying what they did for a second because it's absolutely awful- it makes me feel sick. But they clearly have mental issues and instability from their upbringing which has caused them to be able to think in these horrible ways. I'm not suggesting these boys should be set free or indeed that they shouldn't receive punishment- they clearly need to be shown what they did was wrong. But they also need help- lots of it. It's terribly sad that their victims will suffer long term effects after these brutal attacks. But it's also pretty horrificly sad that two boys as young as these even knew the content of some of their actions- and even worse that they somehow didn't see what they were doing as wrong.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ayostunner)
    Honestly i dont think killing the boys will slove anything
    It's cruel and no child deserves to be killed like that
    no, but when a child sexually and physically abuses someone to the point that they think theyre going to die, thats perfectly ok.

i really dont understand people.
    these two scum nearly killed two lads. however, the two scum shouldnt have any harm come to them, because its not fair? am i missing the point?

ReputationRep:
    Like a previous poster said, the children are a product of their environment. I think that as well as the children, the parents/family should be removed from the gene pool.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Funkymonkey21)
    i didnt say its going down the pan because theres no death penalty. i was insinuating that its because people thinking its perfectly ok to kill someone, which some of you obviously do.

and for the person who said only a 'few' people go on to murder again after theyve been put in prison or whatever..

http://www.wesleylowe.com/repoff.html

thats a short version just in america just from a quick google. your right, practically none! actually, forget prison, just give them a good telling off and they'll be a reformed person within days!!
    :rolleyes:
    Are you completely stupid? Who here said it was perfectly ok to go around killing people? For a start those brothers did not die. Secondly these people are horribly damaged and for you to think it is perfectly acceptable to punish them by hanging them in front of a baying crowd is disgusting. Thirdly your childish ideas and comments are not making you look particularly clever.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kreuzuerk)
    Yes absolutely. Part of being rehabilitated is being shown what you did was wrong. Certainly, they must be shown how to become a normal member of society. They should only be released when it is clear that they have reached that stage, and of course any sentence must also take into account the severity of the crime and its effects. They shouldn't just be condemned.
    I see what you're saying and i do agree with you. Just as long as they learn what they did was wrong and inhumane. It's sad there's people like that out there, and parents in the first place who left their kids grow up in that environment. My heart goes out to the poor brothers, who knows if they could completely recover such a brutal attack.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LawIsBraw)
    Are you really that stupid?

Stop living in a fantasy world and snap back to reality for a minute, you can not solve violence with understanding and compromising, you fight violence with violence, ever heard of the quote "war is peace"? And anyway, by fighting violence with violence, you are fighting people who attack out of boredom such as the OP, so you are attacking people that deserve it, not two young children that had nothing to do with anything.
    :facepalm2:

ReputationRep:
    You assess someone against a parole panel on their merits. Not what others do. The vast, vast majority do not go on to kill again. They shouldn't be condemned solely because some do.
    And again, is the happiness of a majority of murderers - who have already had a chance and blown it - worth the deaths of innocent people? I certainly don't believe so. Again, maybe you do.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Trigger)
    Are you completely stupid? Who here said it was perfectly ok to go around killing people? For a start those brothers did not die. Secondly these people are horribly damaged and for you to think it is perfectly acceptable to punish them by hanging them in front of a baying crowd is disgusting. Thirdly your childish ideas and comments are not making you look particularly clever.
    sorry, can you quote the part where i said i wanted them hanged infront of a group of people??
    i mustve forgotten that i wrote that..

ReputationRep:
    Those kids need putting into a new home!

Then take their parents into a town square and execute them.

ReputationRep:
    They most certainly will not do this. If you can, highlight a policy of theirs which suggests they will.
    Violent offences have risen sharply under Labour, with knife and gun crime higher than in 1997. Yet police officers spend 50 per cent more time on paperwork than they do out on patrol. Labour’s obsession with bureaucratic targets and box-ticking has hindered the fight against crime. They have launched endless initiatives and top-down schemes which have made little difference. The string of broken promises has undermined people’s trust. We can’t go on with the police filling in forms instead of fighting crime.
    The criminal justice system is broken. We need to rebuild confidence in the system and convince people it is working to protect them. Nowhere is our approach of transparency, accountability and decentralisation more important. Our aim is to restore responsibility and discretion to the police – getting them out of police stations and out onto the street fighting crime – while making them truly accountable to the people they serve. We will do that by giving people the power to elect an individual who will set the policing priorities for their community, and by providing detailed data about crime in their area. By giving people robust information and real power, they will be able to force the police to focus on the crime that affects their communities.
    http://www.conservatives.com/Policy/...d_Justice.aspx

ReputationRep:
    Psychopaths.

Can they be rehabilitated is the question?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Funkymonkey21)
    sorry, can you quote the part where i said i wanted them hanged infront of a group of people??
    i mustve forgotten that i wrote that..
    How do you think they used to put criminals to death? Why would it be any different now? You've seen the way those people throw themselves at paedophiles and murderers when they are just driving into the court :rolleyes:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.