Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

'I'll die here', said tortured boy watch

• View Poll Results: What sentence do you think the attackers should face?
    Capital Punishment
    23.54%
    Life Imprisonment
    25.66%
    A jail term with psychiatric help - released at some point when theyre 'deemed safe'
    34.13%
    Psychiatric Hospital until 'deemed safe'
    11.90%
    Put back into foster care with more qualified parents and on-hand psychiatric help
    3.70%
    Other... (Speicify in thread)
    1.06%

ReputationRep:
    Did you even read that? That is not a policy, that is rhetoric. The only thing even resembling a policy seems to be the election of a local community officer. I wouldn't say that matches up to your bold claim of restoring 'law and order to the streets'.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Trigger)
    :facepalm2:

Oh ok...

1) Very intellectual defence there...(sarcasm)

2) Do you honestly believe that the punishment these two attackers will receive is 'serving justice'?

3) Have you ever heard of violence being solved through compromise and understanding? Lets see, Iran, have they stopped their nuclear programmes since the whole world telling them to? Or how about South Korea, did they stop testing missiles when America told them not to?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LawIsBraw)
    Oh ok...

1) Very intellectual defence there...(sarcasm)

2) Do you honestly believe that the punishment these two attackers will receive is 'serving justice'?

3) Have you ever heard of violence being solved through compromise and understanding? Lets see, Iran, have they stopped their nuclear programmes since the whole world telling them to? Or how about South Korea, did they stop testing missiles when America told them not to?
    He was taking the piss.

ReputationRep:
    That's just playful compared to what the Dnepropetrovsk Maniacs enjoyed doing.

ReputationRep:
    He was taking the piss.
    I see.

Haha, well I apologise for being rather aggressive...

Thank you for correcting me.

ReputationRep:
    How do you think they used to put criminals to death? Why would it be any different now? You've seen the way those people throw themselves at paedophiles and murderers when they are just driving into the court :rolleyes:
    ohh, i forgot that the only form of execution is by public hanging.

(please note sarcasm).

also, as you so politely put it before, im no idiot

ReputationRep:
    I see.

Haha, well I apologise for being rather aggressive...

Thank you for correcting me.
    no worries parrot.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OhYumMilk)
    If you think of the boy who murdered the toddler after torturing him... they most likely won't get a long sentence term

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_of_James_Bulger

Still makes me sick reading about it, almost 20 years on

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Funkymonkey21)
    ohh, i forgot that the only form of execution is by public hanging.

(please note sarcasm).

also, as you so politely put it before, im no idiot
    I am yet to see evidence that disproves my theory that you are an idiot.

ReputationRep:
    no worries parrot.

LOL, why a parrot?

ReputationRep:
    I am yet to see evidence that disproves my theory that you are an idiot.
    feel free to think what you want

ReputationRep:
    I think that ur all entitled to ur own opinions but i dont belive in taking human life so i reckon they should just be locked up for the rest of their miserable useless lives in order to protect other humans. preferably in straightjackets.

ReputationRep:
    *******s... but I do question why the two other lads didn't fight back.

A clear sign of monsters, able to severely intimidate people of the same age into madness. They should be locked up till they're 18 at least. I don't believe such scum have a good chance of rehabilitation, I bet if they are left alone they will go and commit far worse acts... it's probably best to keep them in a secure mental institution, until the day they die. If they had actually killed someone, I think a murder of such sadistic brutality would warrant only merciless execution at the age of 18. Why does society believe that cruel child psychopaths can be rehabilitated?

Thank sheer luck that their hapless victims lived to tell the tale.

ReputationRep:
    the torturers were only 10 and 11 when they did the attack. 10 and 11! how young to be doing something so sick, twisted, perverted and just plain cruel. what must have gone through their chavvy minds?

ReputationRep:
    LOL, why a parrot?
    It's a term of endearment.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L i b)
    Violence is bad... let's murder two children to sort it out. Clever.
    I'd usually be the first to make this kind of post on a topic like this one, but that's a retarded statement. Children or not, they almost killed two kids. They need to have red hot pokers rammed into their eyesockets. If they're lucky.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Funkymonkey21)
    no, but when a child sexually and physically abuses someone to the point that they think theyre going to die, thats perfectly ok.

i really dont understand people.
    these two scum nearly killed two lads. however, the two scum shouldnt have any harm come to them, because its not fair? am i missing the point?

OK ...since you think you know what's best
    how should we as a society harm the boys??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cezmerelda)
    I have an eleven year old brother and when I look at him I just think about how absolutely disgusting it is that a boy of his age could do that to two kids. But this doesn't make me think they deserve to be put to death- the opposite in fact. The fact is that the vast majority of eleven year olds would never even be able to think up anything as evil as that. What does that tell you about these boys' upbringing? Think about the stuff that they must have seen during their young lives to even know about explicit sex acts. Think for a second just how bad the things they've seen in their young lives must be for them to even consider this vile act. I'm not justifying what they did for a second because it's absolutely awful- it makes me feel sick. But they clearly have mental issues and instability from their upbringing which has caused them to be able to think in these horrible ways. I'm not suggesting these boys should be set free or indeed that they shouldn't receive punishment- they clearly need to be shown what they did was wrong. But they also need help- lots of it. It's terribly sad that their victims will suffer long term effects after these brutal attacks. But it's also pretty horrificly sad that two boys as young as these even knew the content of some of their actions- and even worse that they somehow didn't see what they were doing as wrong.
    Absolutely this.

Obviously the majority of public sympathy should be directed towards the young victims and their family. However, I for one would say that the assailants are also victims of the ****** environment that enabled them to develop such warped tendencies in order carry out such unimaginable acts.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ayostunner)
    OK ...since you think you know what's best
    how should we as a society harm the boys??

By gathering a bunch of peadophiles and letting them rape those two kids until they bleed from their anus.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AsystoleUK)
    I'd usually be the first to make this kind of post on a topic like this one, but that's a retarded statement. Children or not, they almost killed two kids. They need to have red hot pokers rammed into their eyesockets. If they're lucky.
    Well, I think that's pretty damn retarded. I suspect the vast majority of people agree with me rather than you, which is why nothing involving pokers will happen to them.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.