28th January 2010- basically in a week!:| Watch

sweetgyal24
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
A2 law, these are the topics which we have learnt..

Non fatals- assault, battery, s47, s20 and s18
Defences- insanity, automatism, intoxication, self defence and consent

Murder- actus reus and mens rea, omissions, transferred malice maybe (depending on scenario), causation.. factual and legal, intervening acts...
voluntary manslaughter- includes provocation and diminished responsibility
involuntary manslaughter and gross negligence + subjective recklessness

criticisms and reforms.. of non fatals, defences, murder? ( I think), voluntary manslaughter, prov and diminished responsibility!

there's no criticisms for involuntary manslaughter (I don't think)? :confused:

please feel free to comment or add stuff which I've missed out!

before I forget.. Can we have a revision session on here, testing each other with these topics?
sweetgyal24
Rep:
?
-
I know most of it! :eek: how much have you learnt? lol with regards to your pm.. yeah you did take long to reply! :p: .. I just read my notes over and over again, until my eyes bled, (well not literally).. just make some acronyms so you remember it? (preferebly funny ones)! x

ask me a question plz? need to test my good knowledge! :p:
Last edited by RK; 5 months ago
sweetgyal24
Rep:
?
-
If they were 3 elements which are;

1) a defect of reason- shows the case of "Clarke"
2) caused as a result of the disease of the mind- "Kemp" "Sullivan", "Hennessy" "Burgess" and "Quick"

3) the Defendant doesn't know the nature and quality of his act or whether it's wrong. (hmm, always get :confused: here :p:)
this has 2 points which refers to the physical character of the act

1)whether the defendant was impaired or unimpaired unconsciousness? (right, that doesn't even sound right)!

2) whether the defendant was conscious, but due to his mental state, didn't realise that what he was doing was wrong- case of Windle and Johnson!

there you go! not in essay form, my bad :p:

so im hoping most of what I've written is right.. plz correct if wrong! I have a question for you.. what is the difference between insane automatism and non insane automatism? not too easy for you (I hope) lol jkin :p:
Last edited by RK; 5 months ago
Swimmer
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Automism and Insanity are teh hardest defences , and are they only for murder?

Guys, can someone write here the defences that can be used for muder, and defences that can be used for non fatal offences please. I allways get confussed here.
irish_4_life
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
please tell me this thread isnt talking about OCR law :s
mark.ellison
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Swimmer)
Automism and Insanity are teh hardest defences , and are they only for murder?

Guys, can someone write here the defences that can be used for muder, and defences that can be used for non fatal offences please. I allways get confussed here.
Provocation and Diminished Responsobility are your MURDER ONLY DEFENCES these are also known as Voluntary Manslaughter

Your General offences are Insanity, Automatism, Consent, Intoxiaction, and Self Defence - these will usually be linked with your Non Fatal Offences
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Aston University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Solent University
    Careers in maritime Undergraduate
    Sat, 2 Feb '19

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (860)
80.37%
Leave (210)
19.63%

Watched Threads