Turn on thread page Beta

21-year-old Pokemon collector breaks world record watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kat2pult)
    How is it productive?
    It's hugely productive. It's made her happy, and she has a lot to show for it.

ReputationRep:
    My Squirtle thinks Pokémon merchandise is distasteful and unsophisticated.

ReputationRep:
    It would be lolz if Team Rocket came and stole all of it at gun point.

ReputationRep:
    How is it productive?
    Because more pokemon is directly proportional to more win. Its a fact of life im afraid. :yes:

ReputationRep:
    Couldn't she have done something productive instead? Honestly...
    yes indeed like post a comment like that on an internet forum

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AnythingButChardonnay)
    Absoi? How can anyone possibly like the new(er) pokemons? I got lost after after Mewtwo...
    I totally agree - the first generation of pokemon had so much more variety and I liked it way more.

But that could just be because I was a kid back then and Pokemon was the 'in' thing during the first seasons. :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by explosions hurt)
    It would be lolz if Team Rocket came and stole all of it at gun point.
    :rofl:

I want a 6 foot Charizard.

ReputationRep:
    She's going to have a fun time if she ever wants to get rid of her collection and she'll potentially have to pay someone to take it away.

Between the ages of about 10 and 12, I suffered from severe Trekkyism. Somehow despite not having any income I managed to amass a rather large amount of Star Trek related crap. Now it's completely worthless and it would be hard to find someone who will even take it off me for free. I really wouldn't be surprised if charity shops rejected it. After all it would waste valuable shelf space.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by az1992)
    yes indeed like post a comment like that on an internet forum
    Ah, but this is a STUDENT forum, I could be asking people some riveting questions regarding my course.

Also, you do learn a few things on this site; what a troll is, a noob, a pro, and how many hours you need to study a day to get a mere glance from the likes of Oxbridge.

ReputationRep:
    Ah, but this is a STUDENT forum, I could be asking people some riveting questions regarding my course.

Also, you do learn a few things on this site; what a troll is, a noob, a pro, and how many hours you need to study a day to get a mere glance from the likes of Oxbridge.
    my point

im sure there is an insult in there but i am to stupid to decypher it

ReputationRep:
    If it worked for her bullying then I see no problem

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Psyk)
    Between the ages of about 10 and 12, I suffered from severe Trekkyism. Somehow despite not having any income I managed to amass a rather large amount of Star Trek related crap. Now it's completely worthless and it would be hard to find someone who will even take it off me for free. I really wouldn't be surprised if charity shops rejected it. After all it would waste valuable shelf space.
    :console:
    I've been there too. There should really be more awareness for Trekkyism, it's a very serious condition among the geek community! One minute I was perfectly normal, the next I was setting my talking enterprise alarm clock while wearing my latex klingon mask.

Okay that's a lie, I would never wear the mask just before bed.

Anyhow, good for her! If it makes her happy then there's nothing wrong with it.

I just hope that her body doesn't break under the combined weight of all of those plushies. :s:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by El Nombre)
    :console:
    I've been there too. There should really be more awareness for Trekkyism, it's a very serious condition among the geek community! One minute I was perfectly normal, the next I was setting my talking enterprise alarm clock while wearing my latex klingon mask.

Okay that's a lie, I would never wear the mask just before bed.
    Luckily I was saved by puberty. I realised I liked girls a lot more than Star Trek. Of course, the girls still didn't really want anything to do with me.

ReputationRep:
    Pokemon has continued so I don't see why she shouldn't. How many cubic metres do you think 13,00 pokemon translates into though?

ReputationRep:
    Jangrafess must be in love already.

(Original post by Jangrafess)
    I need me that girly!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by El Nombre)
    I would never wear the mask just before bed.
    Good idea. I once fell asleep in a darth vader mask. When I woke up I looked like freddy krueger. It was like my face had been pickled. Geekdom really takes it's toll on the skin :yep:

ReputationRep:
    my pokemon bring all the boys to the yaaard
    and they'r like
    you wanna swap cards
    they'r like you wanna swap cards...

ReputationRep:
    when shes caught all the pokemon she can move onto the next level.. catching STDS!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NoAccidents)
    my pokemon bring all the boys to the yaaard
    and they'r like
    you wanna swap cards
    they'r like you wanna swap cards...
    I can beat you, I've got a Charizard. :o:

Good idea. I once fell asleep in a darth vader mask. When I woke up I looked like freddy krueger. It was like my face had been pickled. Geekdom really takes it's toll on the skin
    Ah, but at least it shows dedication! :yes:
    Also, awesome avatar. Long live Lucas Arts adventure games!

ReputationRep:
    Sheet that is cool. I would love all that pokemon stuff. I mean you could go to an orphanage and say check out ma collection. Then donate it 'obviously' :rolleyes:

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.