Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

There is the boy at school who i've been friends with for about a year now, and we get on brilliantly. We always text/flirt etc, and people assume we have something going on, however some days he will be really off? And he turns just like that, and i was wondering if maybe he tries to stay away?..

Because (I'm a size 14) I'm bigger than girls in my year and i was wondering if maybe he doesn't want anything to happen because he thinks it will be embarassing because of my weight? We flirt loads but then he goes and asks other girls in my year to go out with him to the cinema or something etc, and not me? Does anyone think he may actually like me, or is just a flirt? I dont understand it!

Any help would be appreciated, thanks

ReputationRep:
    while you should be happy you have such a good friend, in my own painful experience the fact that you are on TSR asking whether he likes you means that deep down you probably already know. Hes your friend, he flirts when you guys are having a laugh together but shows no specific romantic interest, hes not gay or asexual cos he does ask other girls out, so chances are though he values your friendship he doesnt fancy you, this may have to do with your weight but i find that very unlikely, guys are not as shallow as you think. Its much more likely to do with being your friend and not seeing you that way.

That said what have you got to lose, you could always take the initative yourself and ask him either out or how he feels

ReputationRep:
    his called a prick. his leading you on because he knows you like him. thats usually the case with these types of guys

ReputationRep:
    maybe he sees you more as a friend...............

ReputationRep:
    It sounds like a tricky situation and the only way you can know if he likes you is to ask him. But does being his friend mean more to you than a relationship would? Because it might get tricky. There's loads of guys out there
    Good luck with whatever you decide to do

ReputationRep:
    *calls the boy at school*

Just spoke to him, he said he doesn't like you. Sorry :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    There is the boy at school who i've been friends with for about a year now, and we get on brilliantly. We always text/flirt etc, and people assume we have something going on, however some days he will be really off? And he turns just like that, and i was wondering if maybe he tries to stay away?..

Because (I'm a size 14) I'm bigger than girls in my year and i was wondering if maybe he doesn't want anything to happen because he thinks it will be embarassing because of my weight?
    We flirt loads but then he goes and asks other girls in my year to go out with him to the cinema or something etc, and not me? Does anyone think he may actually like me, or is just a flirt? I dont understand it!

Any help would be appreciated, thanks
    Probably true, and come on, by writing this you must know he doesn't like you.

ReputationRep:
    i doubt its to do with you being a 14. If it is he's not worth it. Find someone who appreciates you

ReputationRep:
    You obviously have feelings for him. I don't think it's got something to do with your weight,he just treasures your friendship. Is he friends with other girls who he hasnt asked out or was friends and then went out with them?

ReputationRep:
    basically 99% of male-female relationships consist of flirtatiousness to some degree, you just need to tweak your partner/friend "filter". based on what you have told us, i would say you could make something "happen" if you were so inclined

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 22, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.