Turn on thread page Beta

Memory issues watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hi all,

Do any of you people have poor memory??

In the past 3-6months, i have noticed my memory being poor.
    An example is remembering whether or not i have took medication. I take a few supplements at the minute, ie 3 tablets every morning. suppose i take the tablets at about 9am, at about 2/3pm i think to myself ''did i take those tablets today?'' i then have the thought in my head of me taking them but think 'was that this morning or yesterday morning?'

Something else is remembering when something happened. Eg i remember bumping into and having a chat with my ex boss sometime this week but when i go tell someone about it, i struggle to remember what day it was on ( i am writing this on a Thursday, i could prob recall it if i thought about it for a minute or 5). I also find it hard to remember if something happened say last week...or the week before.

Another thing is my perception of time. Eg i remember my friends bday party, and he was talking about it and he said about it being a fortnight ago, which was correct. It almost scares me, because i said to him it feels like that was way over a month ago to me.

Sometimes i cant remember so quickly what i did on a particular night. Im writing this on thursday evening, if you ask me what i did on Monday evening/ what bus i got on monday morning/ what i had 4 dinner on Mon, i would take quite a minute or two for me to remember, some of it i might not remember at all. (i prob would remember if something really significant was on Monday).

I've never forgot any really important things eg interview dates/timetables/ dr apps/events.

Does anyone else have memory issues like this??? The things ive mentioned happen to me ALL the TIME.
    • Community Assistant
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Wiki Support Team
    I read half of that and forgot what it was about.

Edit: ah, read the title again. So yes.

ReputationRep:
    I have terrible memory issues.

Do you sleep well? Eat well? Any other symptoms? Tiredness etc?

ReputationRep:
    it's pretty normal (or we're both as ****ed as each other).

ReputationRep:
    I think it's pretty normal. I sometimes can't remember what day of the week it is or whether I'm been back at Uni after Christmas for one week or two weeks!

ReputationRep:
    I'm hopeless with days, weeks ,years. I know where I've been on holiday in the past but no idea which year it was. Sounds very normal to me. Maybe I'd better go back on the gingko biloba.

ReputationRep:
    If someone asks me what I did on a certain day I generally have NO idea. Even if the day was yesterday. And sometimes even if something major happens

ReputationRep:
    My memories dire too. It's becoming steadily worse. I have to use the calendar on my phone every single day to remind me of things/see what day it is etc.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 21, 2010
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.