Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Edinburgh, Manchester, UCL and LSE?

Have you applied to any or some of these Universities for a 'traditional' subject?

Been rejected - or still waiting to hear back? Worried about unprecedentedly stiff competition?

The Sunday Times would like to speak to you for a news item on university admissions this weekend. Please drop me a PM or an email (in profile) with a contact number, your A levels and the subject/University you've applied for

Thanks,

Matthew

ReputationRep:
    'Unprecedented'? Really?

ReputationRep:
    I no give you details in PM, but I apply Law in UCL, ok? No reply I hear but I patiently do wait.

ReputationRep:
    Applied UCL for History, with an offer.

ReputationRep:
    Lse rejection because of gcses, manchester offer for internayional business, finance and economics

ReputationRep:
    I've applied to UCL for Chemistry, can't get more traditional than that :P

ReputationRep:
    I've got an offer from Manchester for PPE and have been put in a 'gathered field' for LSE Government & Economics so still waiting to hear back from them.

ReputationRep:
    I have an interview to study Architecture at UCL on the 22nd of Feb.

my grades are **** and i'm suprised they didn't reject me upon reading my application. however i've managed to get past the drawing task stage and now whey hey have an interview.

Got an offer from LSE to study Social Anthropology [wasn't expecting an offer as they gave me the impression they were as tough to get into as oxbridge]
    still waiting for Edinburgh...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by News Reporter)
    Been rejected - or still waiting to hear back? Worried about unprecedentedly stiff competition?
    Oh fantastic. Judging by some of the sensationalist stuff you've written in the past, I take it you're looking for a really vindictive rejected applicant so that you can write about how "unfair" it all is and quote them. "It's so unfair because I have a million gcses and I work so hard and everyone says I'm the best but Edinburgh passed me over for someone else because they're blatantly biased." News flash - universities are selective and can pick whoever they want.

ReputationRep:
    Most people won't have heard back yet due to the deadline being tomorrow at 5pm. Competitive departments like History wait until the deadline before making offers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nearlyheadlessian)
    Oh fantastic. Judging by some of the sensationalist stuff you've written in the past, I take it you're looking for a really vindictive rejected applicant so that you can write about how "unfair" it all is and quote them. "It's so unfair because I have a million gcses and I work so hard and everyone says I'm the best but Edinburgh passed me over for someone else because they're blatantly biased." News flash - universities are selective and can pick whoever they want.
    This.

hay guys, wanna help me make Edinburgh look bad? hurrrr
    GTFO you vulture.

ReputationRep:
    Have you applied for a popular subject?

The Sunday Times would like to speak to you for a news item on university admissions this weekend. Please drop me a PM or an email (in profile) with a contact number, your A levels and the subject/University you've applied for

Thanks,

Matthew
    Hi do we get paid? :sexface:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jinru)
    Hi do we get paid? :sexface:
    :rofl: spoken like a true economist!
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    People are going to need some sort of proof before they hand over their contact details online.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kat2pult)
    'Unprecedented'? Really?
    Yes, due to the recession people have no real opportunities in terms of jobs, so turn to university to waste three years. Also there are rumors that university fees will be almost doubled (:eek2:) so there is a "rush" of applicants. Hope this helps.

ReputationRep:
    Well that was predictable.

Those worried by the crunch in places include Julia Deufel, 17, a pupil at St Anselm’s Catholic school in Canterbury, who is hoping to read law at Edinburgh. She is still waiting for a reply to her application.

“It’s quite scary. There’s a lot of pressure,” said Deufel. “Cutting places doesn’t really make any sense — more people are applying and then they’re cutting places. Really they shouldn’t be. There are so many more universities now you’d think it would be easier, but it’s not.”
    Julia, you do understand that the reason you haven't had a response from Edinburgh as yet is because Law don't make offers until after the final UCAS deadline and in the new year don't you? And I assume you must be a crack economist if you know that cutting places doesn't make sense. *sighs at the naivety of both applicants and the press*

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.