Why does everyone **** on Fall Out Boy? Watch

sbarrie2
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
(Original post by Tom J)
They are alright, there are better and worse bands. I've heard they are bad live before but I've never seen them so no comment.

That sounds like an excuse for him not to get criticised on his live singing. But surely if he didn't have any experience or practice in singing he shouldn't have become a singer anyway?
Oh you sneaky whatever. I like how you carefully edited that quote.
I did say that "i agreed to an extent" when whoever said his live singing was poor.

Yeh but all mainstream acts have very bad singers: Leona lewis, mariah carey, Ne-yo. Just lump patrick stump in with them. seeing as fob are as mainstream as it gets.
IceDiveFresh
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by sbarrie2)
Dissing the lyrics. Interesting. His lyrics are clever and he gets across what he wants to say and he tells a story very well. People dont get his sarcasm.
Well that's obviously subjective, personally I don't like his use of lyrics.
They often come across over fanciful and self gratifying to me.

That though probably isn't as big an issue as his inability to write/play a decent bass line or the singers awful voice/singing during live performances.
sbarrie2
Rep:
?
(Original post by conor.b92)
i am the stereotype of what exactly ?
People. are you reading what this guy posts?

really? you don't know...?
conor.b92
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
People. are you reading what this guy posts?

really? you don't know...?
wait because i dont like a crap band i am a stereotype of something ? i take it i am the stereotype of people who dont like this **** ?
sbarrie2
Rep:
?
(Original post by IceDiveFresh)
Well that's obviously subjective, personally I don't like his use of lyrics.
They often come across over fanciful and self gratifying to me.

That though probably isn't as big an issue as his inability to write/play a decent bass line or the singers awful voice/singing during live performances.
That post is credible. unlike connor.b92 or whatever (have you read his posts? ha)

His voice is not the best. I know diddley squat about bass lines etc so coudlnt agree or disagree.
sbarrie2
Rep:
?
wait because i dont like a crap band i am a stereotype of something ? i take it i am the stereotype of people who dont like this **** ?
you excel at proving my point.
punkyrocker
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I like them.
sbarrie2
Rep:
?
(Original post by punkyrocker)
I like them.
IceDiveFresh
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
That post is credible. unlike connor.b92 or whatever (have you read his posts? ha)

His voice is not the best. I know diddley squat about bass lines etc so coudlnt agree or disagree.
Yeah well I'm not going to say fall out boy are 'crap' they have a massive fan base, they're making a lot of money and seem to be enjoying themselves which after all is what the making music should be about.

They're just not to my taste s'all, just trying to answer your question as I presume a lot of people who dislike them probably do so for similar reasons.
PhoebeZeitgeist
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I like them... Altough I think they are a bit repetitive, they do one thing well, and stick to that in most of their songs. Which is fine if you like that sound, otherwise it isn't :p: I think a lot of people hate FOB because it's the "correct" thing to do if you like "good" music apparently, without actually knowing more than 1 or 2 songs.

And then of course some people genuinely dislike them, which is their opinion, so whatever
conor.b92
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
you excel at proving my point.
you still arent making sense not likeing one band does not make me a stereotype. but going by your reasoning because you like this band this would make you the stereotypical FOB fan which is either A.) a girl or B.) an emo with no proper taste in music because be honest you cant call the stuff FOB play music can you ? i mean it would make my ears bleed if i listened to it for more than 30 seconds. Anyway back to the point people i know dont like the music i like but i dont label them a stereotype for not likeing it do i ?
Alex22Spurs
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I love fall out boy and their videos.
sbarrie2
Rep:
?
[QUOTE=Stalin][QUOTE=sbarrie2]agreed they are not rock. they are a form of pop. They do have an attitude. Just cause they are not aggressive rockers? They are more subtle than that if you bothered to listen to anything beyond dance dance.

They're mainstream *****, no attitude whatsoever and will never make a crowd jump.

They're not AC/DC, Bruce Springsteen, Queen, The Rolling Stones or any of the greats, because they're *****.

Anyone who likes them is lost and needs to leave their house and score some coke.

Listening to the Sex Pistols or supporting Stalin/Hitler is not socially acceptable, what does Fall Out Boy have on any of the above?

Looks like a closet homosexual to me.

You me at six model?

Just the name tells you how good they are.

No one wants to be like Fall Out Boy except for their music and fame, but musically, you're having a laugh right?
stop telling me and explain to me why. If they modelled themselves on the stones or queen or whoever they would be labeled wanabees as an alternative to sell-outs. Their appeal is in what they write and producing music that is enjoyable to listen to. Your gonna say FOB won't change your life.. well then the music does not relate to you but it does to a lot of people.

"Pete Wentz is Gay" you're almost as generic as conor.b92
I might ad that that was a very selective and dated picture choice to his current look/hair style.

Again they say what they've got to say and that appeals to whoever it appeals to. not you obviously. Granted it is not the most 'manly' music ever made, but I am not a manly man(I meant boy).
Milan.
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Fall Out Boy – XO
Fall Out Boy – I Slept With Someone In Fall Out Boy And All I Got Was This Stupid Song Written…
Fall Out Boy – 7 Minutes In Heaven
Fall Out Boy – Of All The Gin Joints In All The World
Fall Out Boy – Our Lawyers Made Us Change The Title Of This Song So We Wouldn't Get Sued

some of my all time favourites!
bittersweet.poetry
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I really like them, but I didn't like their last album much. 'From Under the Cork Tree' and 'Infinity on High' were a lot better. I think they've reached their peak, but if they are releasing any more stuff soon, i'm hoping that will be good. Unlike a lot of mainstream artists, they actually write their own songs and the lead singer has a really good voice. I know they got a lot of tween fans, but they are a hell of a lot better than all that disney manufactured crap though like jonas brothers/ miley cyrus.
conor.b92
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
[QUOTE=sbarrie2][QUOTE=Stalin]
agreed they are not rock. they are a form of pop. They do have an attitude. Just cause they are not aggressive rockers? They are more subtle than that if you bothered to listen to anything beyond dance dance.

stop telling me and explain to me why. If they modelled themselves on the stones or queen or whoever they would be labeled wanabees as an alternative to sell-outs. Their appeal is in what they write and producing music that is enjoyable to listen to. Your gonna say FOB won't change your life.. well then the music does not relate to you but it does to a lot of people.

"Pete Wentz is Gay" you're almost as generic as conor.b92
I might ad that that was a very selective and dated picture choice to his current look/hair style.

Again they say what they've got to say and that appeals to whoever it appeals to. not you obviously. Granted it is not the most 'manly' music ever made, but I am not a manly man(I meant boy).
so you can tell im generic after a few posts. You dont know me the only thing you do know is that i dont like fall out boy. How could you of came to the conclusion that i am generic because i dont like fall out of a boy ?
sbarrie2
Rep:
?
you still arent making sense not likeing one band does not make me a stereotype. but going by your reasoning because you like this band this would make you the stereotypical FOB fan which is either A.) a girl or B.) an emo with no proper taste in music because be honest you cant call the stuff FOB play music can you ? i mean it would make my ears bleed if i listened to it for more than 30 seconds. Anyway back to the point people i know dont like the music i like but i dont label them a stereotype for not likeing it do i ?
The question asked in the thread title was:

Why do people **** on Fall out Boy?

Now many people have listed: bad live, bad singing live, mainstreamness etc etc.

After reading your first comment all i got from it was that crap was apparently FOB personified. really? well that answered my question!

You clearly have not heard more than 2% of the music (oh sorry - 'crap') they have produced.

looking at all posts you fit into so many stereotypes its unbelievable:

The I dont like mainstream super cool guy.
The FOB literally cannot play music comment user
The I heard FOB were crap sounds like a fun bandwagon guy
The literally everyone that likes FOB are emo/girls believer

couldnt understand the last sentence, did you miss a word?
sbarrie2
Rep:
?
[QUOTE=conor.b92][QUOTE=sbarrie2]
(Original post by Stalin)

so you can tell im generic after a few posts. You dont know me the only thing you do know is that i dont like fall out boy. How could you of came to the conclusion that i am generic because i dont like fall out of a boy ?
All i knew about you was what I took from your posts and what you said. Unlike other people you gave no reasons why people **** on fob and came across as a 'can short of a six pack bandwagon jumping cool on the net but not in real life kind of person.'

How can everybody that says they don't like fob say that if they have not listened to the music. Fair is Fair. Pete Wentz is their to be seen in his blogs. he is judged by what is seen of him in the media therefore that is what he is. I'm sure your not what I described you as, but thats how you cam across. If you say poor bass player then ive ran out of wood and wheels, you cant use that one.
DaniLou17
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
woooo i <3 fall out boy !!!
Pinball_heart
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
*ignores everyone ****ging them off*
I love Fall Out Boy.
I loved them before them went a bit more mainstream with 'From under the Corktree'.
I really love some of their lyrics.
Oh, did I say I love Fall Out Boy?
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Who is most responsible for your success at university

Mostly me (429)
91.47%
Mostly my university including my lecturers/tutors (40)
8.53%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise