Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bittersweet.poetry)
    I really like them, but I didn't like their last album much. 'From Under the Cork Tree' and 'Infinity on High' were a lot better. I think they've reached their peak, but if they are releasing any more stuff soon, i'm hoping that will be good. Unlike a lot of mainstream artists, they actually write their own songs and the lead singer has a really good voice. I know they got a lot of tween fans, but they are a hell of a lot better than all that disney manufactured crap though like jonas brothers/ miley cyrus.
    I agree with everything you said. FaD seemed over produced and hopefully they should find themselves again during their break.

ReputationRep:
    fallout boy are **** kids

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Milan.)
    Fall Out Boy – XO
    Fall Out Boy – I Slept With Someone In Fall Out Boy And All I Got Was This Stupid Song Written…
    Fall Out Boy – 7 Minutes In Heaven
    Fall Out Boy – Of All The Gin Joints In All The World
    Fall Out Boy – Our Lawyers Made Us Change The Title Of This Song So We Wouldn't Get Sued

some of my all time favourites!
    Loose Lips Sink Ships!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sbarrie2)
    p.s you know a lot about them *look of suspicion*
    15 mins of research for ya

ReputationRep:
    The question asked in the thread title was:

Why do people **** on Fall out Boy?

Now many people have listed: bad live, bad singing live, mainstreamness etc etc.

After reading your first comment all i got from it was that crap was apparently FOB personified. really? well that answered my question!

You clearly have not heard more than 2% of the music (oh sorry - 'crap') they have produced.

looking at all posts you fit into so many stereotypes its unbelievable:

The I dont like mainstream super cool guy.
    The FOB literally cannot play music comment user
    The I heard FOB were crap sounds like a fun bandwagon guy
    The literally everyone that likes FOB are emo/girls believer

couldnt understand the last sentence, did you miss a word?
    wait im sure earlier on in the thread you said that FOB wasnt mainstream ? apologies if not true. also i do like alot of mainstream music. but some of it can be dreadfull

the FOB cant play music sure they can play music just not very well this is just my opinion

and c'mon the bit about me jumping on a bandwagon because i hate FOB..i dont like them just because they arent my taste in music

and i only said the bit about only emos/girls likeing them because you were saying i was a stereotype for dislikeing the band. also if you knew me you would know that my taste in music is far from generic

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PhoebeZeitgeist)
    I like them... Altough I think they are a bit repetitive, they do one thing well, and stick to that in most of their songs. Which is fine if you like that sound, otherwise it isn't :p: I think a lot of people hate FOB because it's the "correct" thing to do if you like "good" music apparently, without actually knowing more than 1 or 2 songs.

And then of course some people genuinely dislike them, which is their opinion, so whatever
    Agreed. Through dissing the supposed 'scene' of FOB lovers, they have created their own 'FOB are crap and I only like bands nobody has heard of' scene.

ReputationRep:
    Hahaha first sentence is a cop out answer! seriously poor.

agreed they are not rock. they are a form of pop. They do have an attitude. Just cause they are not aggressive rockers? They are more subtle than that if you bothered to listen to anything beyond dance dance.

Its not that they attract girls. Its that guys who like them are discouraged to listen to them anywhere else than there room cause apparently its not cool to like FOB. They have to be the nations greatest guilty pleasure. Its guilty just cause i suppose it isnt socially acceptable. Plus pete wentz is hot.

anyway the 10-14 year old girl comment has nothing to do with the initial question or FOB.

Oh, missed the pathetic wannabee comment. not wannabees cause bands like you me at six model themselves on FOB. people wanna be like fob. fob dont wanna be like anyone else. as for pathetic - expand on that, seemed kind of flippant.
    Gayest quote TSR has ever garnered.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by conor.b92)
    wait im sure earlier on in the thread you said that FOB wasnt mainstream ? apologies if not true. also i do like alot of mainstream music. but some of it can be dreadfull

the FOB cant play music sure they can play music just not very well this is just my opinion

and c'mon the bit about me jumping on a bandwagon because i hate FOB..i dont like them just because they arent my taste in music

and i only said the bit about only emos/girls likeing them because you were saying i was a stereotype for dislikeing the band. also if you knew me you would know that my taste in music is far from generic
    I win!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Libtolu)
    Gayest quote TSR has ever garnered.
    Every guy is allowed one man crush.

ReputationRep:
    This thread has digressed.

ReputationRep:
    Oh you sneaky whatever. I like how you carefully edited that quote.
    I did say that "i agreed to an extent" when whoever said his live singing was poor.

Yeh but all mainstream acts have very bad singers: Leona lewis, mariah carey, Ne-yo. Just lump patrick stump in with them. seeing as fob are as mainstream as it gets.
    I never intended to edit your quote, and I didn't have any aim in taking what I did quote out of context. It would appear in retrospect I did so fair enough. Misquote or not though, I still stick by my point. A singer who you agree is to some extent poor can't just be justified from not being prepared to be a singer. Moving on from that though...

I don't like those three artists, that's because I don't like pop/r&b more than anything. But I'm not going to lump things like mainstream and poorness together. FOB and Leona Lewis etc. are still worlds apart musically

I haven't shown any distaste for FOB in either post to be fair, they are ok, it is just that there are better bands out there that suit my tastes in music.

ReputationRep:
    Every guy is allowed one man crush.
    really, then that guy clearly isn't straight, just bisexual.

ReputationRep:
    Loose Lips Sink Ships!
    :grin:
    XO is my favourite! most listened to ever!

i know all the words to all the others aswell :redface: !!

ReputationRep:
    :grin:
    XO is my favourite! most listened to ever!

i know all the words to all the others aswell :redface: !!
    when it slows down at the end and "loose lips sink ships" is sang it reaches epicness!

"To the love i rest my conscience..." is very soulful.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Libtolu)
    really, then that guy clearly isn't straight, just bisexual.
    that guy is me. and i'm straight. just not manly, cockney or northen

ReputationRep:
    that guy is me. and i'm straight. just not manly, cockney or northen
    Frankly i don't care but wanting to pork any man to me doesn't = completely straight.

ohh well do what makes you happy.

ReputationRep:
    I need a reason? Really?! Have you heard them?!

ReputationRep:
    its
    too the love i've left my conscious pressed
    through the key hole i watched you dress
    kiss and tell
    lose links sink ships

:p:
    4 albums, can't remember every lyric. lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bslforever)
    I need a reason? Really?! Have you heard them?!
    conor.b92 made a new account.

ReputationRep:
    conor.b92 made a new account.
    He made a new account that has been active since may of last year with over 1000 posts.

Of course, i guess that makes sense.

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.