Turn on thread page Beta

Why does everyone **** on Fall Out Boy? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bslforever)
    He made a new account that has been active since may of last year with over 1000 posts.

Of course, i guess that makes sense.
    you reply by picking up on what i said rather than my point... thats just petty

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sbarrie2)
    Guys that think there is nothing they dont know about music. They were successful and well known. thats not very cool according to them. its cooler to like the band nobody else has heard of until they get big and.. oh oh they arent cool anymore.
    The vocals are annoying, and, basically, its all been done before. Pop punk in general annoys the absolute **** out of me nowadays.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by innerhollow)
    I personally quite like them (used to love them when I was a bit younger) and I'd say that their latest album is their weakest so far, but what does it really matter what other people listen to? I only talk about music with a few people because the rest just act all high and mighty about the stuff they listen to.
    agreed.

ReputationRep:
    you reply by picking up on what i said rather than my point... thats just petty
    There are so many reasons to dislike FOB. I would state them, but im sure that someone else who dislike FOB just as much as i do who has a bit more time to waste will do it for me.

Lets just say that i like real music.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gingergooner)
    The vocals are annoying, and, basically, its all been done before. Pop punk in general annoys the absolute **** out of me nowadays.
    The vocals don't annoy me. Its like when you move into a new house. There is that smell. The house has a distinctive smell that is new to you. You may not like the smell but also may not dislike it. Over time your nose gets accustomed to the smell and you dont smell it anymore when you walk in you house. But other people do as their nose is not accustomed to the smell. If I was to walk into someone elses house i may not like the smell cause my nose is not used to smelling that smell and it can be very noticeable and perhaps would rather it wasnt there. But if i was to start living in that house the smell would soon not be recognised by me and it would not bother me.

Who done it before?

ReputationRep:
    There are so many reasons to dislike FOB. I would state them, but im sure that someone else who dislike FOB just as much as i do who has a bit more time to waste will do it for me.

Lets just say that i like real music.
    definition of real?

ReputationRep:
    The vocals don't annoy me. Its like when you move into a new house. There is that smell. The house has a distinctive smell that is new to you. You may not like the smell but also may not dislike it. Over time your nose gets accustomed to the smell and you dont smell it anymore when you walk in you house. But other people do as their nose is not accustomed to the smell. If I was to walk into someone elses house i may not like the smell cause my nose is not used to smelling that smell and it can be very noticeable and perhaps would rather it wasnt their.

Who done it before?
    I'm talking about the structure. Listen to the music, the riffs, the drums and the structure, they are all generic. It doesn't have to be all about the vocals and the lyrics. Also, Pete Wentz even admitted they are a pop band ages ago, so therefore they are self confessed mainstream.

And he sings through his nose. Thats what I hate about vocals for pop punk.

ReputationRep:
    The first two albums were good.
    Then they just got **** and thought having Jay-Z on their album made them cool.
    Crap lyrics,mediocre music, and not a great live band.

They were one of the leading Pop-punk bands; but tbh there are much better ones out now.

Plus Pete Wentz needs his head surgically removed from his own backside.

ReputationRep:
    definition of real?
    I refuse to get into this. I have other things to do.

I listen to music of almost every single genre. I have studied music and i play and compose music. The stuff that FOB play is unoriginal, unimaginative and just a repackaging of what has come before. It lacks complexity. Just to name a few things as you are obviously not going to let up and argue with someone else about this.

ReputationRep:
    The vocals don't annoy me. Its like when you move into a new house. There is that smell. The house has a distinctive smell that is new to you. You may not like the smell but also may not dislike it. Over time your nose gets accustomed to the smell and you dont smell it anymore when you walk in you house. But other people do as their nose is not accustomed to the smell. If I was to walk into someone elses house i may not like the smell cause my nose is not used to smelling that smell and it can be very noticeable and perhaps would rather it wasnt there. But if i was to start living in that house the smell would soon not be recognised by me and it would not bother me.

Who done it before?
    Kind of like the way Pete Wentz's nose has got accustomed to having him sing through it.

ReputationRep:
    I ******* love this band - first to get me into pop-punk.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gingergooner)
    I'm talking about the structure. Listen to the music, the riffs, the drums and the structure, they are all generic. It doesn't have to be all about the vocals and the lyrics. Also, Pete Wentz even admitted they are a pop band ages ago, so therefore they are self confessed mainstream.

And he sings through his nose. Thats what I hate about vocals for pop punk.
    I would say that the form of pop that FOB play was first played by them. One of there influences was jimmy eat world but they are different from fob in many ways. FOB has gave catchy a new meaning in 2004. They were labelled emos first 'big' band.

They are mainstream, but not completely. Mainstream is miley cyrus. does nothing but show up on the day to sing. mainstream is the x factor. FOB still write their music with lyrics that have meaning to themselves and have their own personal style and quirks. They decide what they want to do. Pete Wentz is powerful. Their song titles are hardly mainstream. Many drug references is not completely mainstream.

FOB is never played on the radio in the uk. when i first heard of them they were not mainstream to me as it wasnt being forced down my throat.

ReputationRep:
    Kind of like the way Pete Wentz's nose has got accustomed to having him sing through it.
    Pete Wentz doesnt sing...

ReputationRep:
    because they have opinions different to yours.

get over it, you whiny little girl (your type is part of the reason for the disdain they attract)

ReputationRep:
    I refuse to get into this. I have other things to do.

I listen to music of almost every single genre. I have studied music and i play and compose music. The stuff that FOB play is unoriginal, unimaginative and just a repackaging of what has come before. It lacks complexity. Just to name a few things as you are obviously not going to let up and argue with someone else about this.
    pffft sorry Mozart.

ReputationRep:
    pffft sorry Mozart.
    Yup cos obviously if you were to study any music at all, Mozart would be all that you would study.

ReputationRep:
    I would say that the form of pop that FOB play was first played by them. One of there influences was jimmy eat world but they are different from fob in many ways. FOB has gave catchy a new meaning in 2004. They were labelled emos first 'big' band.

They are mainstream, but not completely. Mainstream is miley cyrus. does nothing but show up on the day to sing. mainstream is the x factor. FOB still write their music with lyrics that have meaning to themselves and have their own personal style and quirks. They decide what they want to do. Pete Wentz is powerful. Their song titles are hardly mainstream. Many drug references is not completely mainstream.

FOB is never played on the radio in the uk. when i first heard of them they were not mainstream to me as it wasnt being forced down my throat.
    Just because it isn't played doesn't mean it isn't mainstream. Slipknot are considered mainstream to a certain extent now, that doesn't mean they are played on the radio. I think the reason why FOB aren't played on the radio though is because they were a phase that thankfully people are getting bored of. I can't stand them, its not a case of not having an open mind, I've listened from start to finish to a couple of their albums (a best mate was a huge fan a couple of years back) and they just pissed me off so much. Stop trying to convince me that they are good, because I just can't see it.

ReputationRep:
    I really liked the first three albums . Not so keen on 'Folie a Deux' though. Absolutely fantastic to watch live .

ReputationRep:

Are you serious? FOB were not the first to do pretty much anything.

Original? Tell me how they do not sound exactly like their contemporaries like Madina Lake.

ReputationRep:
    Maybe just me but I can't get over the annoying whine of a voice the singer has. It's weak in studio, and I doubt it's any better live.

The rest of the band look reasonably 'right', but the singer is like some kind of poster boy who's only been put there to get the attention (and money) of teenage girls, instead of being able to sing; something which just demonstrates everything wrong with the music industry. All style, no substance.

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.